Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks The Sirens Are The Most Dangerous MLP Antagonists

AccountNoLongerUsed

Unlike the other villains who were all either able to be soundly defeated or imprisoned in Equestria, they had to send the Sirens to an alternate universe just to defeat them, and they were only just barely defeated on the Human World because of, to be frank, luck and the Sirens not being at the same power level as they were in Equestria yet.

The ponies tried imprisoning them in stone, tried defeating them outright, tried imprisoning them in Tartarus, heck, when their back was to the wall they probably tried outright KILLING the Sirens like they did with Sombra when he returned. None of these worked. Starswirl had to send them to an entirely different universe to get rid of them, and put a spell on the portal so that it would only be active for a relatively short time between long intervals of deactivation.

The final "battle" was not just some music battle, no, it was a battle for not one world, but two....or maybe more. Imagine what would have happen if The Sirens were able to come to Earth (not the Human World, Earth. OUR Earth).

There was no reforming them, the Rainbooms had only two ways to remove the threat: either removing the power that was such a defining trait of The Sirens (and thus possibly submiting The Sirens to a fate worse than death, ala Aang taking away Ozai's fire bending) or KILLING them (Aang's only other option to remove the threat of Ozai)

They are our most dangerous villains. That's why they were so beloved and intriguing (also there design and character were amazing). They were something different from all the other villains we've had. I just wish we could see them again reformed or not.

• Brohoof 2

They are our most dangerous villains. That's why they were so beloved and intriguing (also there design and character were amazing). They were something different from all the other villains we've had. I just wish we could see them again reformed or not.

I honestly think they would be good as "Series Finale" antagonists, finding a way back to Equestria and slowly getting back to their full power again.

• Brohoof 2

The ponies tried imprisoning them in stone, tried defeating them outright, tried imprisoning them in Tartarus, heck, when their back was to the wall they probably tried outright KILLING the Sirens like they did with Sombra when he returned. None of these worked. Starswirl had to send them to an entirely different universe to get rid of them, and put a spell on the portal so that it would only be active for a relatively short time between long intervals of deactivation.

I don't know where this came from as this information wasn't mentioned in Rainbow Rocks or the Fiendship is Magic Origin story but I do have to agree the Sirens are probably one of the most Dangerous Antagonists having done what they did. Though to be fair, after reading the Fiendship is Magic origin story, I can understand why they did what they did. The Story went as follows:

The Dazzling go to Canterlot which looks like Ancient Rome

They enter a music audition

The Judges trash their music and call them talentless hacks

They mope...and then get the idea to invent pop

They go back and this time the judges praise their music

Starswirl sees them and goes "Oh I don't like these characters!"

He proceeds to challenge them to a music battle in which they invent over twenty music genres

The Dazzlings lose and he banishes them to the human universe a month before Rainbow Rocks

The end

And to top it all off, they didn't even cause any trouble!!

They kind of had every reason to be pissed off.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know where this came from as this information wasn't mentioned in Rainbow Rocks or the Fiendship is Magic Origin story but I do have to agree the Sirens are probably one of the most Dangerous Antagonists having done what they did. Though to be fair, after reading the Fiendship is Magic origin story, I can understand why they did what they did. The Story went as follows:

He proceeds to challenge them to a music battle in which they invent over twenty music genres

The Dazzlings lose and he banishes them to the human universe a month before Rainbow Rocks

The end

Honestly, that backstory seems....rushed, and I can't take it seriously. It basically makes the Dazzlings seem not as powerful and have Starswirl as nothing more than basically one of those "stop liking things I don't like" kind of guys.

• Brohoof 3

The ponies tried imprisoning them in stone, tried defeating them outright, tried imprisoning them in Tartarus, heck, when their back was to the wall they probably tried outright KILLING the Sirens

Yeah, I'm going to need a source for that.

I hardly think that they are thats big of a threat. Their crime is literally just that they created disharmony. If you compare that to enslaving a entire Kingdom and then force the inhabitants fight against another Kingdom or stealing everybody's magic, then it's pretty tame.

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, I'm going to need a source for that.

I hardly think that they are thats big of a threat. Their crime is literally just that they created disharmony. If you compare that to enslaving a entire Kingdom and then force the inhabitants fight against another Kingdom or stealing everybody's magic, then it's pretty tame.

Um, basic logic? That they would have tried every other option before sending them to another dimension?

Um, basic logic? That they would have tried every other option before sending them to another dimension?

Or that they tried sending them to another dimension first. Maybe that was the standard procedure back then and they just stopped it because they ran out of dimensions.

Also don't use headcannons to prove your headcannon.

• Brohoof 4

but they did'nt because all that about "turn them to stone ,ect" is not canon to the show so it's more like a guess or made up to fill in the blanks, in the show it says that starswirl banished them, i don't remember it saying they tried anything else

The end

Was this in the comics? If this is canon though then that means they have a chance of being redeemed. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't agree more on the Dazzlings being the most dangerous antagonists. The way they make everyone fall under their spell by singing. If they were not defeated, there will be conflicts everywhere in both worlds.

You know, whenever I see users arguing and disliking each other on the Internet, I always think the Dazzlings are responsible for it. That's just me.

• Brohoof 2

Most dangerous...now starving to death. Thanks elements of MURDER!

It was never implied that they needed the power to survive. They could easily survive by eating normal food. In fact, it never implies that they NEEDED to eat at all. It was all about the power.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, that backstory seems....rushed, and I can't take it seriously. It basically makes the Dazzlings seem not as powerful and have Starswirl as nothing more than basically one of those "stop liking things I don't like" kind of guys.

I LOVE YOU! (platonic) 

I see it the same way. 

Overall, I also think that the Dazzlings (or more Adagio) were the most dangerous and also most powerful villains so far. 

Even without their full power they overpowered Twilight and her friends. If Sunset would not have been there, the Dazzlings had won.

Lily Peet made a nice video about this (not just the Dazzling, but all villains):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCZTX361bM

Edited by Fluidty
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I LOVE YOU! (platonic) 

I see it the same way. 

Overall, I also think that the Dazzlings (or more Adagio) were the most dangerous and also most powerful villains so far. 

Even without their full power they overpowered Twilight and her friends. If Sunset would not have been there, the Dazzlings had won.

Lily Peet made a nice video about this (not just the Dazzling, but all villains):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCZTX361bM

Lily Peet's video actually inspired me to make this post.

Btw, I'm also genderfluid.

Edited by Wyllow

but they did'nt because all that about "turn them to stone ,ect" is not canon to the show so it's more like a guess or made up to fill in the blanks, in the show it says that starswirl banished them, i don't remember it saying they tried anything else

trying everything else first is impossible because they would eliminate you or imprison you first or such once they notice the trend

irl you dont get much second chances in events like that, it was likely the first thing they could do.

Edited by Lil Pip

Nah, I don't think so. Pit them against Tirek in their most powerful forms and they'd still loose. Pit them against Discord and he'd erase them from existence. Sombra had a similar ability in influencing mass populations, though it was more spreading fear and misery than conflict. The sirens stirred conflict between ponies, and fed off that. That's it. That's pretty tame compared to villains that steal magic, spread an aura of misery, tear apart reality, move the moon, command armies of shapeshifters or travel back in time.

Honestly, Sirens rank pretty low on the totem pole of threatening villains for me. One step above Sunset Shimmer. 

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike the other villains who were all either able to be soundly defeated or imprisoned in Equestria, they had to send the Sirens to an alternate universe just to defeat them, and they were only just barely defeated on the Human World because of, to be frank, luck and the Sirens not being at the same power level as they were in Equestria yet.

The final "battle" was not just some music battle, no, it was a battle for not one world, but two....or maybe more. Imagine what would have happen if The Sirens were able to come to Earth (not the Human World, Earth. OUR Earth).

There was no reforming them, the Rainbooms had only two ways to remove the threat: either removing the power that was such a defining trait of The Sirens (and thus possibly submiting The Sirens to a fate worse than death, ala Aang taking away Ozai's fire bending) or KILLING them (Aang's only other option to remove the threat of Ozai)

When did those things ever happen? 

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

This classification is subjective. They have potential as the most threatening, but simply being magic seemed to grant immunity to their control, so most, if not all of the other villains might have been able to overcome them easily, and not have to worry about not hurting their mind-controlled slaves. They're definitely not the most immediately powerful, Tirek, Discord and Sombra could probably kill them easily if they wanted to, but from a good-guy point of view, the heroes would have to worry about doing things legally and safely, not overstepping their authority and boundaries, worry about not hurting the Dazzlings thralls, and evading a government conspiracy level information network as the Dazzlings have every single living non-magic entity searching for their enemies and reporting back to them, and so forth.

Add to this the possibility that The Dazzlings could probably just hide in a big fortress should one be available(or they could have their slaves build one) while all these mind-controlled slaves of theirs try to kill the heroes while the Dazzlings are heavily guarded and hidden. After absorbing the Rainbooms magic, the Dazzlings could possibly become a more physically imposing threat themselves capable of intense combat and magical battles themselves, but this would expose them when their greatest weapon is the potential to control armies of unwaveringly obedient slave soldiers. They also seem to be immortal and live on indefinitely unless killed by an external force. given their age, at least one of the Dazzlings(and by that I mean Adagio) should have mad experience, skills, knowledge and expertise.

If the Dazzlings had indeed succeeded in enslaving the Human world, the Dazzlings could easily have waged war on a massive scale, and probably would be able to wreak terrible destruction on the Pony world with huge numbers of Human invasion forces equipped with undoubtedly infinitely more advanced technology and weapons of war.

If Sunset Shimmer had sense, she'd have realized conquering the Human world first would have been in her best interest as a means to an end of conquering Equestria on principal/revenge with overwhelming Human force.

Edited by Evil_Emperor