Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the ponies stood and walked on 2 legs instead of all 4?

'Rainbow Dash'

I like the constant transition from quadrupedal to pseudo-bipedal too much to even entertain the thought; not to mention how forelegs are legs then they're arms then they're legs again.  Adorable and wonderful.  And I like that Rainbow Dash is a quadruped because reasons: *grows a ridiculous but nonetheless awesome beard, pulls out an electric guitar* She's got [four] leeeegs, and she knowwws how to use theeeem...

• Brohoof 3

Well, I could see Pinkie or Lyra walking on two legs naturally. But anypony else? *shivers*

Flutty hopped in two legs during the Crystal Empire song once. Anyway, I would not be much different to me, as long as they wear clothes, you know, so I wouldn't see their ...... you know 

Then they would no longer be ponies and the show would be called

"My Little anthropormorphic Equine: Furries are magik"

Yes because multi-colored ponies that could talk, fly, use magic, live in houses, and eat food that clearly isn't for ponies are still "ponies." :toldya:

That makes them expand, not explode. It's like you got your education at the school of we don't learn here.

Relax silly filly. It was a joke. :lol:  Besides that, there's A LOT worse out there than ponies walking on 2 legs. Take for example the G1 ponies.

post-28184-0-25368700-1408308755.png

I dunno about you, but realism has its major downsides too. I wouldn't let any child near that.

Relax silly filly. It was a joke. :lol:  Besides that, there's A LOT worse out there than ponies walking on 2 legs. Take for example the G1 ponies.

I dunno about you, but realism has its major downsides too. I wouldn't let any child near that.

I am rather confused now. I thought my facietiousness was extremely obivious. Thus the "school of we don't school here" line :derp:

And besides, if they walked upon two legs it would ruin the neotentic features and their golden body ratio resulting in a less asthetically pleasing at a base biological level.

• 2 years later...

I believe ponies are capable of doing it. Since they seem to have way more flexible joints than normal horses, which are similar but still capable of doing more complex movement.

In the fandom i often see Bipedal ponies looking rather good. And i think it all has to do with how the posing is done. In my book, ponies are capable of standing on two legs, but it is more comfortable for them to stand on four.

In the show i wouldn't really like them permanently standing on four, since that would take that cute "horseyness" away, if anyone knows what i'm talking about, but for temporary passages, where they need to stand on two i wouldn't mind.

I hate this idea. It would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too human-like and we already have enough FiM human nonsense as it is. *gives EqG a stern look* This is one of those things that would almost never be necessary, except for the ocassional visual joke or two.

Well, if they still have no fingers they would feel very awkward about upper legs (arms?) and wouldn't know where to put them (Like one guy who you don't know on school photo) and it would end with cosmic popularity of pockets. Ponies would keep their hoovesies in pockets all the time. I think it would be funny ^-^

This gif is the only thing that comes to mind when I'm picturing ponies walking on two legs. I don't know if I should consider this amusing or feel a bit unsettled!

full.gif

Maybe having ponies walk on two legs wouldn't feel fitting since people are already so used to seeing them on all fours. So a sudden change in the usual posture would feel strange, or at least at first? Well what do I know!

It wouldn't make much sense at all unless they were more humanized like in EG. Theor form in the show wouldn't allow for long term standing, like other animals. Theyir weight would be centered awkwardly and be uncomfortable.

(edited)

Warning: EQG special spoilers below that pertain to this topic. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler

This is an adorable Sunset Shimmer moment in Mirror Magic. It's clearly cringey to most ponies, but I think pony Sunset looks so cute on two legs... :lol:

full.gif.2eb21873e9354a35f98e37b3df4db742.gif

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1