Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being caught being a brony stories

Brony Lounge

Actually, not an hour ago, while I was working in web design class. I was listening to music while I worked, and someone tapped me. I asked what they wanted, and they just asked what I was listening to. In the most no-nonsense voice, I told them I was listening to Metallica.

Of course, I had a brainfart and didn't realize that my phone was sitting right next to me, and BlackGryph0n is very much not Metallica.

• Brohoof 6

Anyone got any stories when they have been caught doing something brony related

Hey Linux Lounge. I went ahead and moved this to Sugarcube Corner since that is our Brony Fandom forum. 

I am fairly public about by enjoyment of the show, but I suppose the time I was holding up a MLP related sign on my town's busiest intersection and having the police show counts. I found out I was breaking traffic laws by distracting the drivers and was not a business advertising. I was literally caught. :/

• Brohoof 4

Hey Linux Lounge. I went ahead and moved this to Sugarcube Corner since that is our Brony Fandom forum. 

I am fairly public about by enjoyment of the show, but I suppose the time I was holding up a MLP related sign on my town's busiest intersection and having the police show counts. I found out I was breaking traffic laws by distracting the drivers and was not a business advertising. I was literally caught. :/

So if you're holding up a sign for money, it's okay? :huh:

One time my cousin from Virginia came up to visit(Marine guy strong and dude like XD) of course he forgets to knock, so he caught me "red handed" watching MLP in my room snuggling my Dashie and he said quickly "**** **** I didn't know you turned into a girl."

One time my cousin from Virginia came up to visit(Marine guy strong and dude like XD) of course he forgets to knock, so he caught me "red handed" watching MLP in my room snuggling my Dashie and he said quickly "**** **** I didn't know you turned into a girl."

That sound so embarrassing, I myself have no pony Merch on account of being a closet brony Edited by LinuxLounge

I am fairly public about by enjoyment of the show, but I suppose the time I was holding up a MLP related sign on my town's busiest intersection and having the police show counts. I found out I was breaking traffic laws by distracting the drivers and was not a business advertising. I was literally caught

Do we not have freedom of speech anymore? What kind of rule is that?

Anyway, i have never really hid the fact that I like MLP so I never really had any interesting stories... sorry.

Well, yesterday I went to Build a Bear to fill up Derpy.While it was my turn to get it stuffed the employee ask "whom is this for?" I said it was mine and she chuckled and asked if I was a brony.We both agree and high five each other! That was a great moment.

• Brohoof 3

I want to think he was joking around but the way you worded it makes him sound kind of like a douche. Please don't take offense to this observation.

Well, yesterday I went to Build a Bear to fill up Derpy.While it was my turn to get it stuffed the employee ask "whom is this for?" I said it was mine and she chuckled and asked if I was a brony.We both agree and high five each other! That was a great moment.

You missed a golden opportunity to get an awesome brohoof.

• Brohoof 1

Thats actually realy cool that you were out holding a sign like that. I applaud your bravery, friend :)

I was holding up a MLP related sign on my town's busiest intersection

Would you mind if I asked you why? I can't really think of any reason to do this sort of thing unless you were advertising something mlp related.
  • Brohoof 2

While it wasn't 'being caught' per se, this morning I did give someone a laughing fit by mentioning I'd been to Hearth's Warming Con this weekend. I didn't particularly mind; at least it's a better start to my Monday than being pissed off.

Would you mind if I asked you why? I can't really think of any reason to do this sort of thing unless you were advertising something mlp related.

It was something I said I would do if Rarity won the Attractive Pony contest last year. I still have to edit the video

But yeah cops said unlicensed sign holding at an intersection is bad ... go register. .. :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Actually, not an hour ago, while I was working in web design class. I was listening to music while I worked, and someone tapped me. I asked what they wanted, and they just asked what I was listening to. In the most no-nonsense voice, I told them I was listening to Metallica.

Of course, I had a brainfart and didn't realize that my phone was sitting right next to me, and BlackGryph0n is very much not Metallica.

Lol, to be honest if that was me, it probably would be Metallica as i'm a huge fan of the first four albums they made (My favorites are Master of Puppets and Ride The Lightning) along with all of their other work

Edited by Treeclimbyou
  • Brohoof 1

I posted a pony picture on my Facebook, but forgot to block a couple of guys in my squadron... I only noticed when one of them commented on it, turns out he's a brony too. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or the most awkward thing but only a few days ago in the middle of History class I was wearing a Fluttershy shirt and my teacher (he's male) just stops in the middle of explaining something and looks at me and says "Hey [My name] nice shirt, are you a brony?" Everyone staring at me, I very awkwardly nod, It was kinda cool to think he's also a brony but it was still the most awkward thing to be called out in front of my entire class.

Edited by Treeclimbyou
  • Brohoof 5

I was browsing through the blind-bags at Wal-Mart, looking for a particular figure I didn't have yet when some third-year-9th-grade Limp Bizkit fan lookin' mopos came around the corner and stopped in mid-conversation when they saw me. I shrugged and said in a big deep voice, "What?", and they both pulled a George Castanza and walked right back out of the Pink Aisle backward. Epic Win.

• Brohoof 1

This happened a while ago. While it didn't embarrass me in the least, I'll include it. I was at Good Will. (LOVE thrift stores!) and "California Gurls" cam on the radio. I stared singing along, using the "Equestria Girls" lyrics! A couple of teenage girls gave me a weird look and then started giggling. I didn't care and kept on singing!

My Dad and some of his friends were chatting about a military MMO that they all played, and one of them mentions all the slogans people used to shout at the start of a match. One of them says; "What are the people who say "For Equestria" called? Bronies, or something right?" Well, I couldn't help but pull an 'Aw shite' face, and all four of them smiled smugly at me. I subsequently slipped away when they went back to chatting  :lie:

The first time anyone knew of me being a Brony was when I showed my friends a passage from a fanfic I had downloaded to my kindle and passed off as my 'reading book'. I didn't realize the passage had said 'hoof' in it, and my friends quickly found out after reading the next couple paragraphs. I wasn't made fun of terribly since my friends were my friends after all, but the little they did only lasted about a week. One of my friends fell into the trap and my second friend who knew only took a week more. Slowly I converted all my friends to the religion of bronydom! It was all part of my diabolical plan!

• Brohoof 1

I honestly can't see myself being called out unless somebody outright asked me if I was a brony or not. I'm not gonna lie and say no, but, apart from a Maud blind bag figure my sister gave me, I don't have anything else that would even point this out, seeing as I'm the only one using this computer. Still, kudos to all who show their love of MLP!