Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Baby Ponies Cute?

ThatAnonymousPony

In general, I think baby ponies are the least cute stage of a pony's life. I think foals and adults look a lot cuter. Like on The One Where Pinkie Knows, when they showed Applejack's birth certificate and a picture of her as a baby, I was thinking "What are they talking about, she's way cuter now." Same for all ponies. But that's just me. What do you think?

• Brohoof 3

To me, baby ponies are hideous....just like baby humans.  Many baby animals, though, such as puppies, kittens, and real horses, are very cute.  It seems that sentience starts out ugly and needs time to grow.

That's exactly how I feel! Kittens, puppies, or things like that are cute. But baby humans and mlp ponies are ugly. I don't get the people who think the baby ponies are the cutest.

• Brohoof 4

We've get that the assumptions that if it's a baby then it's 1000000 times cuter. That's what most of society thinks when looking at baby anything. It's just a bandwagon.

Still...baby Applejack....she might be the exception though.

• Brohoof 2

they are generally cute, but Flurry's wings are way too large.  the proportion just is super weird.  

if they were tiny, she'd look just fine.

We've get that the assumptions that if it's a baby then it's 1000000 times cuter. That's what most of society thinks when looking at baby anything. It's just a bandwagon.

Still...baby Applejack....she might be the exception though.

NY5GPJR.jpg

Edited by weesh

HELL YEAH!

Not sure why some people find the cake twins eye style scary. It's simplistic! It reminds me of the Powerpuff Girls' eyes.

I don't really find Baby Applejack v2 to be that cute. Flurry Heart was cute during some scenes but other scenes she was a bit scary.

It seems that the several animators/concept artists have their own unique style of babies in the show.

• Brohoof 1

No offense, but I honestly find the babies creepy and not cute at all. I think those beady eyes are so creepy, their faces are weird, and ugh I can't describe them anymore

• Brohoof 1

Something about baby ponies and there beady eyes are uneasy, and also with normal pony eyes as well, with the example being Flurry Heart's.

Babies in general are just creepy, but a few exceptions are some real life baby animals.

I was never a fan of the eyes for the Cake twins, but Flurry Heart's design is just so adorable. <3

Regardless it's all subjective. In general I do not think human babies are one bit cute, but I can understand why others would disagree with me.

• Brohoof 3

I think they're kind of creepy... This is a picture of my OC as a baby and I think its weird. The eyes are just so odd...

I'd much prefer filly ponies over baby ponies. I have a filly plushie of her.

post-37888-0-06171300-1459180123_thumb.png

I think filly/colt ponies are cuter than foal ones - primarily because of those eyes. I find them kind of...weird, so to say. :P I do like Flurry Heart's design though, she's adorable, heh.

• Brohoof 1

To me, baby ponies are hideous....just like baby humans.  Many baby animals, though, such as puppies, kittens, and real horses, are very cute.  It seems that sentience starts out ugly and needs time to grow.

Yeah, I gotta agree with this one. I mean, I get that most people are programmed to think babies are adorable because it encourages us to be protective of our young, but apparently I missed out on that particular software patch, and judging by the mixed opinions of this thread, so did a lot of other people. Nothing wrong with that, just like there's nothing wrong with thinking babies are cute. The problem is when people try to force their opinion on others. (That applies to almost anything, not just babies, but I digress.)

So, I'ma be honest here: Flurry Heart was the most terrifying thing I've seen in the show so far. I mean, not only do I find babies ugly, but then there's the fact that she ALMOST DESTROYED AN ENTIRE SOCIETY. Let me repeat that: AN INFANT ALMOST DESTROYED AN ENTIRE SOCIETY. Even if you think babies are cute, that fact alone should scare you.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I gotta agree with this one. I mean, I get that most people are programmed to think babies are adorable because it encourages us to be protective of our young, but apparently I missed out on that particular software patch, and judging by the mixed opinions of this thread, so did a lot of other people. Nothing wrong with that, just like there's nothing wrong with thinking babies are cute. The problem is when people try to force their opinion on others. (That applies to almost anything, not just babies, but I digress.)

So, I'ma be honest here: Flurry Heart was the most terrifying thing I've seen in the show so far. I mean, not only do I find babies ugly, but then there's the fact that she ALMOST DESTROYED AN ENTIRE SOCIETY. Let me repeat that: AN INFANT ALMOST DESTROYED AN ENTIRE SOCIETY. Even if you think babies are cute, that fact alone should scare you.

I completely agree with you. Plus, I've always hated Flurry.

• Brohoof 2

I love ALL baby ponies! The Cakes are cute, Applejack's wittle voice was cute, and Flurry Heart is the cutest baby to date!

I agree, though, that they do look a bit better at the CMC age.

The only thing cute to me is puppies.

To me, baby ponies are hideous....just like baby humans. Many baby animals, though, such as puppies, kittens, and real horses, are very cute. It seems that sentience starts out ugly and needs time to grow.

I thought I was the only one that didn't find human babies cute. I don't get what's the appeal of them.

• Brohoof 5

The only thing cute to me is puppies.

I thought I was the only one that didn't find human babies cute . I don't get what's the appeal of them.

I know right?! At least I know there's at least two other people that don't think human babies are cute.

• Brohoof 4

Depends on the pony....

Baby aj.... cute but not overly so

cake twins.... again not overly cute

cmc's... 'bloom and swibbs adorable, scoot.... meh

flurry heart..... not just troublesome but lethal in large doses of exposure

above foal ages they get less cute, though some are cute in the hilarious sense

I'm not a fan of the babies, with the only exception being super cute widdle Applejack.

When they're, school age sort of older, then they are a million times more adorably cute.

• Brohoof 1