Has anyone else joined the fandom this year?

everyoneknowsitsme

This may seem like a ridiculous question, but it's plausible in my mind.

It seems that everypony joined the herd in 2011, 2012, or 2013. Yet I wasn't open-minded enough to start watching the show until March of this year. (In any of those years, had you asked me if I would ever watch MLP, I would have been like "hell no." Times have really changed since then!)

So, my question is, are there any others who became a brony this year, or am I the last one to hop aboard the decelerating fandom train?

I apologize if this is in the wrong subforum, but since it indirectly regards MLP, I thought it would best fit here.

It seems that everypony joined the herd in 2011, 2012, or 2013. Yet I wasn't open-minded enough to start watching the show until March of this year. (In any of those years, had you asked me if I would ever watch MLP, I would have been like "hell no." Times have really changed since then!)

So, my question is, are there any others who became a brony this year, or am I the last one to hop aboard the decelerating fandom train?

I joined this year too. In the past, the fandom was larger and probably more active but that doesn't mean that it's decelerating. The meme-ical status of MLP has died but now we've just have fans that love the show.

I apologize if this is in the wrong subforum, but since it indirectly regards MLP, I thought it would best fit here.

I was where you were exactly a year before: March of last year. I stumbled on the show, having heard of it (and thinking a fellow poster on an mturk forum was a weirdo for having a girl cartoon pony as his avatar); my daughter got a Rainbow Dash plush, we showed it to her to see what the fuss was....hooked. my daughter too, and my wife is quite fond,but not as much as I am.

I still didn't join MLP Forums until late December. Look at me now

• Brohoof 2

I started watching the show this year. Before I had no idea that bronies existed and MLP was just a kids show for me, didn't know much about it. But as soon as I learned that grown up people kike the show I checked it up and I'm here.

Not quite. I became a Brony late in 2014. Come October 17, and it will have already been 2 years. It feels kinda weird, like I'm still new to the fandom, and at the same time, I can't remember what life was like without being a Brony.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm relatively new, been around for almost a year. Started in July last year but only really kicked in in October. Now I've gone all out with 140+ posts on DA, 23 Twitter followers, and 110 YT subs. Not to mention my secretly hidden Rarity and Pinkie Pie toys *hush hush*. But I still feel alone. My dream is to go to a convention, but that's for after post-secondary education. Only my sisters know I'm a brony, and if my parents knew I swear to God they'd kill me. Thank God for my little pegasister friend (even I get to talk with her only for 10-15 min three days of the week after my daytime volunteer work).

Without MLP I would still be lost as to what to focus my creative talent towards and not have learned all of the new things with Photoshop and After Effects I've learnt so far. (Before bronydom I didn't even know what a fandom was or what it meant lol)

MLP episodes take up 80% of the space on my iPhone lol   :lol:

Edited by Shabb3r
  • Brohoof 1

It seems that everypony joined the herd in 2011, 2012, or 2013.

I joined in February 2014, which was shortly after that. I wanted to start watching MLP in 2013, but there was quite a bit of drama back then (alicorn Twilight and the first Equestria Girls movie), and also because I was worried about how my family members would react(there was no way I could watch it w/o them finding out (if you want to me to elaborate on this, you can quote this post)). Then I realized that my family probably wouldn't make a big deal about it. While there's still drama right now within the fandom, it's nothing compared to the early years of this fandom.

• 1 month later...

I became a pegasister sometime this year... :twi:  I don't know the month or whatever  :-P But before hand I did watch the show every now and then :grin: But I wasn't a Pegasister, I don't know how or when I exactly became a pegasister, but I'm super glad I did! :love:

I was dragged into the show last December, but the exact day I joined the fandom was January 26, 2016. AKA the day I created an account on here.