Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So what's with DJ PON3 making so many appearances?

NeonCobalt

Music pony isn't allowed to be seen where playing music is involved? Both appearances were at parties, with her playing music

Except that one time she was actually creeping behind a bush with Twilight :D

• Brohoof 1

I hope it doesn't really mean anything major.

And I really hope we don't get anymore background pony appearances like we did in No Second Prances.

If they don't take away from the story, which none of them in No Second Prances did, then they should be welcomed. I'm really not understanding this need for rejecting backgroung ponies.

(edited)

Vinyl has appeared plenty of times before, like at Cadance's and Shining Armor's wedding, etc. She's the BEST DJ and she therefore spreads her music all around, I suppose. Also that she's been in the background through out all seasons. They probably don't intend to make her a minor character, but in the fandom she kind of already is anyway. I never like how they call her though "DJ PONE 3" literally. XD It's just "DJ PONYYYY" but with a more advanced computer-ish spelling. Amaze, though, that they even mention her in the lines.

Vinyl is most definitely mute as I always hoped for her to be, even before the 100th episode where it was kind of confirmed. Therefore, she probably loves expressing herself in musical manners. Which is lovely!

Edited by darkwingmare

I don't know what the concern is, her involvement hasn't ever been detrimental to the story, nor detracted away from it in any way. In fact, she's only appeared in two episodes this season in any role larger than a minor cameo, and thats because those episodes were written by Nick Confalone who seems to use her as a signature character of his writing this season :P

How is it pandering when she isn't directly involved in the plot of any of the S6 episodes she's been featured in? Granted she's had a small part to play in at least two episodes, but it's been small still. She a popular pony and I can appreciate that it helps to maintain a link between the fans and the staff.

Honestly, it's the little things like that I do appreciate it, and it helps if the show staff like those ponies as well. ;)