Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So what's with DJ PON3 making so many appearances?

NeonCobalt

Not that I'm against it or anything, but she's already made two appearances this season that were more than just a background appearance. Is this just a coincidence, or are they trying to make her into some kind of minor character? I know it's kinda early to say this, I just thought it was worth bringing up.

Music pony isn't allowed to be seen where playing music is involved? Both appearances were at parties, with her playing music

She's a DJ

I don't see the problem, here

Oh I don't have a problem, all I'm saying is that we've had two instances on her getting a name drop AND impacting the plot as opposed to just sorta being there.
  • Brohoof 1

Nick, the one who wrote both No Second Prances and this one likes Vinyl Scratch and just wants to use her more because that's something he and the fandom have in common.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it's curious that she's making many foreground appearances lately :huh:

VINYL IS A CHANGELING CONFIRMED. It explains why she's mute!

(I'm only half joking btw :P)

VINYL IS A CHANGELING CONFIRMED. It explains why she's mute!

(I'm only half joking btw :P)

Yeah, I got this pet peeve that there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people on the internet that don't get jokes as obvious as this, that WE HAVE TO TELL THEM THAT IT'S A JOKE  :unamused:

(edited)

Fan-service (the kind that throws pandas at you)

At least with the most recent episode, Vinyl scratch had a more legitmate reason to be in the episode.

I don't mind though (Octi got a cameo in Hearth's Warming Tale too).

Edited by pony.colin

It's a nice way to offset all the minor Derpy cameos from previous seasons.

Now I want Octavia to get similar treatment. I could see her having pretty significant dialogue with Rarity. And if they ever write an episode where Twilight visits Minuette again, well shit, that's as good a time as ever to get Lyra in on the plot too.

The show's staff are desperately trying to pander to the waifu crowd, at the cost of actual storytelling or character development.

The episodes that sucked this season didn't even have her in them. 

Not to mention this last episode that had her was one of the funniest, best written ones in a long while. 

• Brohoof 1

The episodes that sucked this season didn't even have her in them. 

Not to mention this last episode that had her was one of the funniest, best written ones in a long while.

So... You're telling me you like the episode where Trixie attempted suicide on-stage?

So... You're telling me you like the episode where Trixie attempted suicide on-stage?

It was a pretty good episode, though yeah that had some pretty dark undertones to it. 

• Brohoof 1