• Professor Flintheart
  4. 4. Best Song

• Out On My Own
    • Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again
    • Say Goodbye to the Holiday
    • The Seeds of the Past
    • Pinkie's Present
    • Luna's Future
    • Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again (Reprise)
    • Can I Do It On My Own
    • It's Gonna Work
  5. 5. Best Returning Character

• Trixie Lulamoon
    • Garble
    • Hoops
    • Coco Pommel
    • Mr. Sparkle
    • Mrs. Sparkle
    • Maud Pie
    • The Cutie Map
  6. 6. Best New Location!!!!

• Manehattan
    • Manehattan
    • Manehattan
    • Manehattan
    • Manehattan
    • Dragon Lands
  7. 7. Best Writer(s)

• Josh Haber
    • Michael P. and Wil Fox
    • Dave Polsky
    • Joanna Lewis and Kristine Songco
    • Nick Confalone
    • Dave Rapp
    • Mike Vogel
    • Neal Dusedau
    • Meghan McCarthy

It is another mid season topic ... Noooooooooo.

:please:

So since we are on break now, I figured a more comprehensive poll is needed. For some the season has been a mixed bag, for others it has been decent. No matter where you stand, what were do you think the Best of Season Six is?

The writers are multiple choice since they did a lot of soda fountain mixing and matching with these guys. Spike, Apple Bloom, and Starlight are in the Main Character slots since they have episodes centered around them with the predominant time on them. Twilight is on there because she knows where I live and I don't want a black eye. Also, she will raise my taxes or something. 

I almost didn't put Maud Pie on the list, but figured that someone would say something. I stopped thinking that way after Maud, cause I would be hear forever. 

And yes one question is a joke. #ExploreEquestria!

If I forgot anything, this is what you do

1. Get promoted to a Mod.

2. Get powers to edit my poll.

3. Abuse powers 

4. Get caught in booby trap 

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

Best ep - Saddle Row

Best Main Character - Fluttershy

Best New Character - Sunburst

Best Recurring - Maud Pie

Best Song - It's Gonna Work

Best Location - Dragon Lands

Best Writers - Mike Vogel/Nick Confalone

But overall, this half has sucked honestly. Really hoping for things to improve in the second half

Edited by Megas

Best Episode- A Hearth's Warming Tale (Saddle Row is a very close second though)

Best Staring Character- Starlight Glimmer

Best New Character- Princess Ember

Best Song- Say Goodbye to the Holiday

Best Returning Character- Maud Pie

Best Writers- Nick Confalone and Mike Vogel

Best ep - No Second Prances

Best Main Character - Rarity

Best New Character - Princess Ember

Best Recurring - Trixie

Best Song - Luna's Future

Best Location - Dragon Lands

Best Writers - Nick Confalone

Overall I'm largely satisfied with the first half. Granted nothing really stands out all that much, but the quality is still largely there and I'm enjoying more ponies regardless. :)

(edited)

Best episode - The Saddle Row Review 

Best starring character - Fluttershy (I may have hated Flutter Brutter, but her characterization in it was terrific) 

Best new character - Princess Ember 

Best song - Say Goodbye to the Holiday 

Best returning character - Coco Pommel (She was sick. Didn't you just want to hug her? :(

Best writer(s) - Confalone, Lewis and Songco

Highly disappointed with the season thus far. Hopefully the second half will feature less Rapp and more Valentine. 

Edited by Cleverclover
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Best Episode - Hard to choose, but I voted for Saddle Row Review (No Second Prances and Flutter Brutter would probably be my alternative choices)

Best Use of Starring Character - Fluttershy or Starlight Glimmer

Best New Character - Saffron Masala, Coriander Cumin, or Mr. Shy

Best Song - It's Gonna Work or Say Goodbye To the Holiday

Best Returning Character - Trixie. Wasn't a big fan of her until No Second Prances.

Best New Location - Dragon Lands. We haven't seen that place in ages.

Best Writers - Nick Confalone. I liked him in season 5 and he's improving so much this season. And Meghan McCarthy.

Hopefully the second half will feature less Rapp and more Valentine.

Yes please. I'm so excited for Ed Valentine's episode. Rapp needs to go. Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 1

Best Episode: Saddle Row Review. Gauntlet of Fire and A Hearth's Warming Tail as runner-ups.

Best Mane Character: Rarity

Best New Character: Princess Ember

Best Song: Luna's Future

Best Returning Character: Trixie

Don't really have a best writer since the quality of writing this season has been all over the place from writer to writer. 

(edited)

Best Episode - Hard to choose, but I voted for Saddle Row Review (No Second Prances and Flutter Brutter would probably be my alternative choices)

Best Use of Starring Character - Fluttershy or Starlight Glimmer

Best New Character - Saffron Masala, Coriander Cumin, or Mr. Shy

Best Song - It's Gonna Work or Say Goodbye To the Holiday

Best Returning Character - Trixie. Wasn't a big fan of her until No Second Prances.

Best New Location - Dragon Lands. We haven't seen that place in ages.

Best Writers - Nick Confalone. I liked him in season 5 and he's improving so much this season. And Meghan McCarthy.

Yes please. I'm so excited for Ed Valentine's episode. Rapp needs to go.

You do realize your saying he needs to go while listing one of his TWO episodes as one your top 3 right?

Anyway as for me

Best Episode: Saddle Row Review, honorable mentions to Hearths Warming Tail and Flutter Brutter. 

Best Starring Character: Rarity (I was tempted to vote for Fluttershy but aside from Spice up Your Life where she was kind of OCC, Rarity's been great in ALL her major appearences and I can't vote for Flutters off just Flutter Brutter) and Starlight Glimmer.

Best New Character: Sunburst and DRAGON LORD TORCH (I threw my vote to him basically cause I thought no one else would)

Best Returning character: Trixie, honestly up until no Second Prances I never felt there was really much to her, it vastly improved her character. 

Best Song: SAY GOODBYE TO THE HOLIDAY, WITH MY MAGIC I'LL ERASE IT!

New Location: The Dragonlands I guess, they had like crazy ass monsters there and stuff.

Best Writer: Nick Confalalone, I want to say Mike Vogel too since I think Hearths Warming Tail is one of the best executed episodes of the series but his troubles with writing Rarity knock him down a peg. 

I honestly don't get why some people are so troubled by this season, to me it's only slightly weaker than the first half of S5 and honestly there hasn't been a single episode iv disliked as much as Princess Spike, That one in Appleoosa I can't remember the title of or Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep. I think largely people are letting their dislike of Glimmer get to their heads or something. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

I think largely people are letting their dislike of Glimmer get to their heads or something. 

Or people have simply found many episodes this season to be painfully average and boring? 

• Brohoof 3

I want to put Twilight as the best character so badly, but her characterization so far has honestly just been terrible. Fluttershy's has actually been the best to me.

(edited)

Or people have simply found many episodes this season to be painfully average and boring? 

Most of the episodes this season have been Slice of Lifeish episodes pulled off at about the range of good to bad they always are, I think people like you might just be annoyed there's not more adventure episodes.

I want to put Twilight as the best character so badly, but her characterization so far has honestly just been terrible. Fluttershy's has actually been the best to me.

How so? Honestly Twilight, while she hasn't really DONE all that much has  been way more entertaining this season than she was in most of the last 2, Season 4 Twilight, now THAT is a badly characterized and frankly incredibly boring Twilight that almost killed any interest I had in the character.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

Best Episode - A Hearth's Warming Tale

Best Staring Character - Spike

Best New Character - Princess Ember

Best Song - Say Goodbye to the Holiday

Best Returning Character - Trixie Lulamoon

Best Writers - Nick Confalone, Josh Haber, Michael P., Wil Fox, Mike Vogel and Meghan McCarthy

Great first half, i loved it

• Brohoof 1

Okay who really cares about what else happened except for the introduction of Ember. I mean yeah the crystalling was important and we got to see the CMC and RD fulfill their dreams, and Maud and Trixie were cool but whatever.

Most of the episodes this season have been Slice of Lifeish episodes pulled off at about the range of good to bad they always are, I think people like you might just be annoyed there's not more adventure episodes.

Please don't make assumptions about me. And before you do it, please don't label me as one of someone who is simply content to hate the show no matter what. 

My opinion of season 6 as of now has nothing to do with Starlight and nothing to do with the lack of adventure episodes. It has everything with how genuinely average and lackluster I have found many of the episodes to be. 

(edited)

Honestly like people are going on about "only 3 episodes really WOWED me".... was it really any different for the first half of S5? Cause for me not really, there were only 3 or 4 episodes I considered near perfect, a bunch I thought were good but with flaws and a handful I thought were dull or bad... and it's pretty much exactly the same this go around.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

Honestly like people are going on about "only 3 episodes really WOWED me".... was it really any different for the first half of S5? Cause for me not really, there were only 3 or 4 episodes I considered near perfect, a bunch I thought were good but with flaws and a handful I thought were dull or bad... and it's pretty much exactly the same this go around.

S5 had its shit episodes in the first half and great episodes, but most of S5 still had plenty of eps I considered good or Ok, vs season 6 where it doesn't even have that. S6 has had noticeably more problems

(edited)

S5 had its shit episodes in the first half and great episodes, but most of S5 still had plenty of eps I considered good or Ok, vs season 6 where it doesn't even have that. S6 has had noticeably more problems

See I disagree here, I find an episode like say No Second Prances or the Gift of Maud Pie to be about as good as an episode like say Bloom and Gloom or Tanks for the Memories. I consider all 4 to be good but with flaws. 

Then you have the " somewhat fun but deeply flawed" tier for things like Newbie Dash and Party Pooped.

Then you have "Kinda dull" for stuff like On Your Marks, Applejacks Day Off, that Appleoosa episode from S5 of which I constantly forget the title.

And then the only one in ether first 12 episodes to me that falls under "Total flaming utter trainwreck" Is Princess Spike. If you want to know which season I think had the most of those by the way it'd probably be 4.

The Crystalling is in a weird place In that I rate it BOTH under "great" and "Kinda Dull" the Starlight/Sunburst Story? Loved it, lots of great character stuff there, the Flurry Heart story? Pretty boring and forgettable. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not that hard to please honestly, so it's rare for me to actually dislike an episode.

Best Episode - Saddle Row Review (Gauntlet of Fire, A Hearth's Warming Tail, and Spice Up Your Life get honorable mentions)

Best Staring Character - Fluttershy

Best New Character- Sunburst (Ember and Saffron Masala get honorable mentions)

Best Song - Luna's Future

Best Returning Character- Only Maud and Coco returned and I'm kind've just lukewarm to them so... no pony yet.

Best Writers- I actually don't know any of the writers so the ones who wrote the above "best episodes" I guess.

You do realize your saying he needs to go while listing one of his TWO episodes as one your top 3 right?

If you're talking about Flutter Brutter, the story was by Meghan McCarthy which practically saved the episode. I guess I overreacted though. Rapp did some things right, but he still needs to improve.. a lot.

(edited)

If you're talking about Flutter Brutter, the story was by Meghan McCarthy which practically saved the episode. I guess I overreacted though. Rapp did some things right, but he still needs to improve.. a lot.

Maybe so but he still wrote the script... which means he still wrote the best characterized Fluttershy since Season 2, I don't particularly want him on another Dash episode since Newbie Dash is certainly quite flawed but he can write all the damn Fluttershy episodes he wants since he's seemingly the only one who can write anything new with her.

Just like how Mike Vogel can write all the Starlight and Twilight he wants but I don't particularly want him near Rarity again.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

i find this season very much like the previous one. but its great to see coco pommel again. the songs were well performed and its hard to pick which of the mane six is the best starring character ^_^ these girls gave out their best and learns to correct the mistakes they accidently make :please:

Favorite Episode: A Heartswarming Tale. It's a bit of a bias opinion, since i am a sucker for christmas epsiodes and musicals. But i genuinely think, that this was a fantastic episode and a fresh take on the christmas carol.

Best use of character: Rarity. I am not really sure about that decision, but Rarity was so much on the screen in the first half and was mostly very good, so yeah. And she is not my fav pony even.

Best new Character: Tender Taps. Seriously, he is incredibly adorable and i would like to hug him. He reminds me of a colt version, of Dark Horse. ;)

Best Song: The seeds of the past. This was the song that tugged my heartstrings the most and if you can do that, you did a pretty good job.

Best returning character: Mrs. Sparkle. She finally talks...seriously, i have waited almost 5 years for this moment. :P

Best New Location: Very funny Jeric. :P

Best writer: Mike Vogel and Nick Confalone. Mostly for Vogel on A Heartswarming Tale and Confalone for the saddlerow review. Which where the best episodes in the first half.

As a whole. The first half was, okay. 2 extremly great ones a few good ones, a few meh ones and some very bad ones, especially Flutter Brutter who might take over "Spike at your service" as the worst episode of the series.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe so but he still wrote the script... which means he still wrote the best characterized Fluttershy since Season 2, I don't particularly want him on another Dash episode since Newbie Dash is certainly quite flawed but he can write all the damn Fluttershy episodes he wants since he's seemingly the only one who can write anything new with her.

Just like how Mike Vogel can write all the Starlight and Twilight he wants but I don't particularly want him near Rarity again.

That's a great point actually. Sometimes writers can work better with different characters than others, that's something I've noticed with other writers too. Dave Rapp is certainly good at writing Fluttershy, no doubt about that. I guess I should give him more of a chance. Who knows what other characters he might be good with.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think Rapp needs to write an episode entirely on his own to know where he sits with me. He wasn't like Merriwether Williams where her take on Rainbow Dash was mostly a shit show until hitting a home run to the surprise of many with Wonderbolts Academy. Rapp went from "pretty fucking awful" in Newbie Dash to "pretty fucking good" in Flutter Brutter with her within a short time, and a lot of that may be attributed to those who wrote the stories, Dave Polsky and Meghan McCarthy respectively. I agree that after FB, I'd gladly watch more FS episodes if he's writing, but I still don't know if I can trust him with RD again yet. I do know for sure I want Polsky to stay far the fuck away from RD for the rest of his time on the show.

As for Vogel, I wasn't a fan of his Rarity in Spice Up Your Life, especially considering he's been with the show since the beginning, but he's gotten many of the other characters pretty well. I do hope he tackles RD eventually, I remember in an interview saying she was his favorite

Edited by Megas

Best episode: A Hearth's Warming Tail. (Mostly because I love musicals, and because all the songs were amazing! Especially Starlight's song, and Luna's song. Now those two songs were fantastic!)

Best use of character: Rarity.

Best new character: Sunburst.

Best song: Say Goodbye to The Holiday. (I absolutely love villain songs, and I really loved evil Starlight in this one. In my opinion, that song was nothing but pure perfection. Also, Starlight's voice actor has an amazing singing voice.)

Best returning character: Trixie Lulamoon.

Best new location: Manehattan, of course.  :D 

Best new writer: Nick Confalone, and Meghan McCarthy.

Awful first half, it sucked badly.

A few episodes were meh, others were okay at best, and some were really terrible ones.

The only ones that were actually were really great were A Hearth's Warming Tail and The Saddle Row Review.