Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you read the first post in a thread?

SparklingSwirls

If the title of the topic is self explanatory enough, I don't usually need to. I still try to read the first post as often as possible though, so I don't accidentally derail the topic or anything. Sometimes I still forget and then it happens that my post probably doesn't answer everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Well duh. I mean, i know the age group of users is 6-99, but i think we all know to read something before replying to the topic. I mean, ive seen many forum famous users do this in my day and no one would call them out. If you cant be bothered to read the question and the clarifying following paragraph, you have no business replying at all. Not only does it make you look dumb, its also very entitled to think that just cause you cant be bothered to read it you are right, or know anything about what your talking about.

It would be if I said i replied to a topic about how Bronies are  the wurst. Bronies are the Wurst? REEEEEE IMMA DESTROY YOU.
But then you read the topic paragraph and you see its a joke post about how Bronies supported a charity by selling bratwursts. Now you look like a fool.

• 4 weeks later...

I generally don’t read the first or original post of a thread unless I need some sort of clarification.

I don't, only if the topic is from the debate thread. But even so, I'd only skims through it since damn, some people sure writes a lot. 

Edited by TBD

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2019 at 3:27 PM, Rainbow Dash said:

It would be if I said i replied to a topic about how Bronies are  the wurst. Bronies are the Wurst? REEEEEE IMMA DESTROY YOU.
But then you read the topic paragraph and you see its a joke post about how Bronies supported a charity by selling bratwursts. Now you look like a fool.

I wonder if @DasCapschen would like to participate in a charity like that :ooh: 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

No I always read the second first :P .

*alternatively says*

First post is usually too long so I usually read the second to figure out what the OP is talking about :) .

(no I don’t Lul)

Edited by WWolf

I do, generally. It's usually the only post I read with any attention. Occasionally I'll scan a couple of others, but most of the time I read the first post, answer the questions, then move on to the next thread.

I typically do honestly often I mean it is a forum not a blog so if I wasn't reading it why would I participate. Thats like writing ideas of your own thinking someone will read it when you won't even read others why bother writing haha.

• Brohoof 1