Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

why so much Rainbow Dash liking and Rarity hatred?

Tarnation

rd or rarity  

54 users have voted

1. 1. who do you prefer?

• Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash
  2. 2. Do you like Rarity?

• Nope
    • Yes
  3. 3. Do you like Rainbow Dash?

• Nope
    • Yes

From the poll results, it looks as though it's entirely possible to like both ponies.  My personal results show the same.

And damn but the timing on this topic is off.  It seems to me like Rainbow is getting more hate lately than she has during past seasons, and Rarity is getting relatively less than she used to.  In the case of the latter: Rarity-directed hate at MLPF was largely quelled by a user who no longer posts here.  Have you SEEN the post count for the Rarity FC?

Every season the fandom collectively selects a pony or two from the Mane Six to really focus their hate on, and I feel as though Rainbow has been selected this time around.  Which is shit, but discouraging people to let go of their Mane Six hate has only ever made them cling to it all the more.  I'm not gonna change their opinion on the matter, and they sure as hell aren't gonna change mine.

Gotta support my waifu here; Rare was the third and final nail in my transition to becoming a brony. Those big eyes, that D.I.D. attitude, what better a character for a wannabe hero, Some of her antics are hilarious even if they're sterotypical girly girl noble snob behaviour.  I love everything about Rare. 

Dash also gets some love. Her tomboyish competitive exterior brings out a touch of rivalry to the plate. She knows how to have tons of fun at a quick pace but will always be there for friends and competitors alike if the need to arises. She's somepony you could game with and still have a good time (despite some depicted antics). She'd make a great coach for anyone looking to get in shape using her competitiveness as a motivator. Her ego is always worth a good laugh with some of the situations it gets her in. She may gloat a lot but that's more self confidence than anything as she knows she'll do her best to back her words and that there are skills she has. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't exactly "hate" Rainbow Dash, but I would prefer Rarity over her. Rainbow Dash in my eyes has always been too flashy. I'm never one for those show-offy characters. Rarity, although she breaks it quite often, always seems a bit more, dare I say it, generous when giving others the spotlight. So I'll go with Rarity on this one. 

I prefer Rarity over Rainbow Dash, but honestly, that's not really by much. I really enjoy seeing both characters and they're definitely my two favorites of the Mane 6, and from my experience, I've seen a lot of hate for both of them. I actually feel like Rainbow Dash gets just as much if not more hate than Rarity these days, and I find it a lot more common for people to call her "overrated" (a term I've been sick of for at least a few years now) and whatnot these days.

Really though, I love both characters and find both of them to be among the most well developed characters in the series.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash liking and Rarity hatred? That's so season 1. I doubt that happens as much anymore. On the contrary, I saw a lot more Rarity love starting in season 4, when she got some really good episodes. And especially this season I'm starting to see way more Rainbow Dash hate mostly due to her episodes this season not being very good. Meanwhile Rarity got one of the best episodes this season with The Saddle Row Review.

Rainbow Dash - works hard to achieve her dreams, saved ponyville multiple times, is part of the wonderbolts, the best flier in all of Equestria.

Rarity - owns a few boutiques, likes to give gems to people, thinks that staying with the fashion trends is the only thing she's got going for her. I can't think of a time when Rarity has does something that has amazed me at all...

This is such an outdated mentality, people have been complaining about this as far back as season 3, and it's gotten to the point where the opposite feels true. It doesn't help that this season has two episode that feel like they exist for the sole purpose of beating RD to the ground

• Brohoof 1