Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What I define as "UFO lore" involves that craze involving researching about UFO's, aliens, their races, and their goals, which a variety of people talk about, from conspiracy theorists to New Age practitioners.

Some of the more well-known of these species include:

Greys (large heads, big eyes, crop circles, cattle theft, and ayy lmao)

Reptilians (supposed true powers behind major events)

Nordics, Plejarens/Pleiadians (they look like Scandinavian people, and they supposedly come in peace and New Age philosophy.)

Little green men (typical aliens from the 1920's to 1950's, other than Greys)

Men in Black (not the movie series, but mysterious people who claim to work for governments at harass UFO witnesses)

Anunnaki (misinterpretation of Babylonian gods as aliens)

I know that all this alien stuff is nonsense, but what do you think of this "UFO lore" stuff? And which alien species of these listed here would you prefer, if you can choose one or several?

(I would choose the Nordics, as they look better than the other species. In fact, they and some of the other aliens would be interesting enough that I would write stories about them!)

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar
  • Brohoof 1

I do believe that aliens exist and that's probably one reason why I love to read about them so much. Things about UFO sightings are thrilling and even more so when one can never be absolutely sure if the sighting is genuine.

Also if I was about to encounter an alien, I'd hope it'd be a Nordic alien as they seem like the least intimidating. 

well i don't follow the "lore" but statistically they do exist there's no doubt about that 

it was Michio Kaku i think who said according to the statistics and numbers its more than likely we've been discovered about 5 times since Humans existed but he answered the question why they have not made contact

basically we're not interesting enough... he described it as you're walking through the woods and find an ant nest you might think its neat but you're just going to keep walking because its so every day and boring 

we have nothing to offer an advanced civilization and the ones that may have discovered us aren't scientists or generals they would just be "space truckers" who would make a note of it then just say "hey i found this planet with life the other day it was pretty cool" to his buddy in some space bar somewhere 

to me that's much more realistic than anything else the only reason Aliens would ever visit is for Water and even then you need to take into account that to be truly space faring your species has to be above war because the tech needed for space travel is so destructive and takes so much energy that a real interplanetary war would basically be blowing up suns and stuff not invasions and space battles like in movies so space faring races would just not be warlike at all 

however he did talk about a realistic alien invasion and trust me we wont win 

according to the skintists all the Alliens would have to do is drop extremely dense blocks into our oceans to cause tital waves then finish off the survivors with a bio weapon of some kind essentially we would not survive the ordeal since if they were invading it would be most likely for our water since it seems to be one of the most rarest things in the universe 

Edited by idunnomaybe

If I had to choose one instead of making my own up I would choose the one that's most to my benefit. But its all conspiracy theory stuff anyways that doesn't make any sense, cults use that sorta thinking too probably.

I think these are weird but can be interesting sometimes.  I'd be very surprised if we were the only life that existed in this vast universe.

• Brohoof 1

I totally believe in life beyond our little blue-green marble in space. If I was to pick the least icky, offensive or terrifying of the types listed here, I would go with the Little Green Men, precisely because they are the product of human fantasy in the '20s-'50s.

As for the other kinds...

Greys suck because they have no feelings or emotions and are simply out to coldly use human beings for their own gain.

Nordics are just disgusting hybrids probably derived from the Greys' experimentation. And to be honest, they seriously creep me out!

Reptillians are up to no good and are not to be trusted. In some lore, these have been seen in leadership over the Greys (assuming you accept the idea of Reptillians as one race in several overlapping areas of lore).  

Men In Black are just freakish hybrids out to perpetuate their alien goals on planet earth without regard for human life. 

That having been said, I don't believe in every UFO story out there. Much of it is total crap and only muddies the waters when something real comes along, so no one knows what to believe. I also don't assume UFOs are just BS because I'm told to by the media and society in general. But I do find the subject very interesting, whether its from a fictional standpoint or something different. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2016 at 5:33 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

I totally believe in life beyond our little blue-green marble in space. If I was to pick the least icky, offensive or terrifying of the types listed here, I would go with the Little Green Men, precisely because they are the product of human fantasy in the '20s-'50s.

As for the other kinds...

Greys suck because they have no feelings or emotions and are simply out to coldly use human beings for their own gain.

Nordics are just disgusting hybrids probably derived from the Greys' experimentation. And to be honest, they seriously creep me out!

Reptillians are up to no good and are not to be trusted. In some lore, these have been seen in leadership over the Greys (assuming you accept the idea of Reptillians as one race in several overlapping areas of lore).  

Men In Black are just freakish hybrids out to perpetuate their alien goals on planet earth without regard for human life. 

That is an interesting headcanon!

Billions upon billions of planets and billions upon billions upon star systems and galaxies. The chances are there.

They may be looking at our species going "Yup, this species has a LOT of complete morons. Nothing to do here".

Edited by Yakamaru

I think the conspiracies themselves are full of nonsense(and yes I do believe there is life outside of our planet), but I do think it's fun to follow

Welp, this is an old thread but since it was just necro'd by none other than the OP themselves, might as well write something up since my life revolves around this. :o

Now, I am not saying that because I would believe in any of the things that you listed above, but rather because this has been my main interest since I was a small kid. Funny how time passes so fast, still remember when I was a happy kid that liked race cars and construction vehicles, but then came the day my dad bought me a children's image book of "alien monsters". Nowadays I am a sad man that spends his time on the deep web researching these on his free time, just waiting the day until I either die, bringing a sad end to my short story, or get a robotic body and live forever. :D

Honestly, these earth-bound conspiracies are usually not that spectacular when you do even a bit of research, take the Illuminati for example. A quick search reveals that it is/was merely a small secret society formed around 1776, the increase of rational thought and the reduction of religion's power as their main ideologies. So, not a world controlling entity formed of aliens and lizard people, what a bugger. (Though about 12 million Americans do believe in humanoid lizard people that control the government by taking the forms of humans, so there's that.) Personally, I think that not believing in alien life existing is foolish, one can wrap themselves in as small of a bubble as they want but it won't change anything, it won't change the fact that the universe is infinite in size, thus having infinite worlds with the means to support life. There are limits though, and I think lizard men controlling the state is a good line to that, mostly because it is ludicrous to the extremes and backed by zero evidence. 

What I like are less of the "Little green men abducted me and probed me here and there" and more like, is the Mars' moon Phobos hollow as some evidence suggests? Does Europa (Jupiter's moon) have liquid water under the miles long ice sheets and could that mean there would be life under there? Perhaps bacteria or even to the extent of very primeval fish? Does Mars still harbor life? By still I mean the fact that it is pretty much proved to have had oceans long ago before its core cooled down and the atmosphere thinned, making the oxygen escape. Same with Venus, (not the still part though, as even lead melts there nowadays, but some research suggests that billions of years ago it had an almost paradise-like environment before the greenhouse effect absolutely obliterated it.)

Then there is the planet X. A theory of a planet the size of Neptune in the outskirts of our solar system. Neptune is far away right? Well, this thing is believed to be orbiting 20 times further, making a full orbit around the sun every 10,000 to 20,000 years. If these don't phase you how about the Wow!-signal? The strongest sign of intelligent alien life to date. Yes, it was supposedly "debunked" by a group of scientist here in 2017, arguing that it originated from comets  266P/Christensen and 335P/Gibbs, but this induced a proper storm of heavy criticism, even from the original team that found it. The comets were not in the beam at the correct time and comets are not radio-bright at these frequencies, leaving it as a complete mystery. What triggers me is that the mainstream media is hyping it up as "Oh my god it was undoubtedly solved! Everyone celebrate! Let's ignore all the facts surrounding it!"

Well, I didn't come here to write a novel so I will leave you with those few from the top of my head, I just get proper excited when "UFO", "Conspiracy", "Space" and/or "Mystery" are involved. 

Now, to answer your question, I would pick the greys. They have everything I like about a possible alien organism. lacking silly biological mechanism of humans such as emotions, which by standard makes them far superior. What they don't lack though, (I wouldn't call it lacking anyways) are the equipment and knowledge to do whatever they want and to whoever they want. We are just slaves in a cage to them, just a little pet project, and I absolutely adore it. (Please note that I am not a misanthrope, I just admire them to the point of absolute envy, even if they specifically don't exist. :D)

Thanks for reading this wall of text of mine!

Edited by Corvino

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really follow UFO "lore" but I do enjoy discussing the topic of extraterrestrial intelligence.

Personally, I do believe that aliens do exist. In a universe that's infinite, there's no way our little blue marble can be the only one in the expanse of space that's home to a civilization.