Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could My Little Pony move to Netflix in the future?

SaburoDaimando

I have a little theory going on why they have yet to truly announce Season 7 of My Little Pony: They might be moving to Netflix.  This would leave Discovery Family without its flagship show.  Even more so, this comes hot off of Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree debuting on Netflix first here in America.

Before Season 5 of My Little Pony aired, Discovery Family and Hasbro confirmed Season 6 of My Little Pony.  But right now, other than some words from the Cast and Crew, there has been no official announcement of Season 7 of My Little Pony, especially from Discovery Family.  Do you believe that My Little Pony is moving from Discovery Family to Netflix exclusively, and if so, how would you react?

• Brohoof 3

Since Hasbro has plans to have the new Stretch Armstrong cartoon released on Netflix later next year, I can see the next season of My Little Pony being there too. It would be smart move if they did this.

Edited by Odd Ball

I can see that happening now, especially with the EqG movie being released to Netflix first. I think that the new episodes may air eventually on Discovery Family...but you never know. Netflix is hot and if they get good viewings, that might be what sends them over to Netflix.

• Brohoof 2

That's assuming we get a 7th season. But at the very least I can see the next MLP cartoon being Netflix exclusive.

If we get a new MLP cartoon, I would like for it to be a Looney Tune-ish spinoff starring Pinkie Pie acting like a mix between Bugs Bunny and Screwball Squirrel.

It's on Netflix in the US too, what people mean though is it becoming a Netflix exclusive, or coming on Netflix first before airing on TV.

Aah yeah that makes sense. Well I believe if it was Netflix exclusive, the visual quality would be good (We have it here on Boomerang in Australia and it's all crappy quality versions of Season 1 to 3 so far from what I've seen)

If we get a new MLP cartoon, I would like for it to be a Looney Tune-ish spinoff starring Pinkie Pie acting like a mix between Bugs Bunny and Screwball Squirrel.

I would like for it to be aimed at those who grew up with FIM (as in more Y7/PG).

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

Traditional TV is losing more and more of it's appeal and shifts now towards streaming services, like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.

If Hasbro was smart, they should consider moving the next season to Netflix. If there is one of course.

I would like for it to be aimed at those who grew up with FIM (as in more Y7/PG).

Hasbros Marketing strategy is way too conservative, to move it to PG. They don't want to lose their little girl audience.

Proably is that netflix usua release WHOLE seasons at a time..instead of one episode a week. so there the issue. it would ruin the whole one episode per week thing and spoilers everywhere and ..you see the issue. Finachila it not an issue it just would cause a shift in the fandom

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see it move exclusively to streaming services, but I also wouldn't like it. It's sort of a grey area, and I don't think It's gonna happen. LOE Isn't Netflix exclusive, It's just people with Netflix get to watch it first, a timed exclusive Isn't on the same level as a permanent exclusive, and I imagine people would get pretty pissed about having to pay extra on a streaming service for a show they've already been getting on TV for free since 2010 (And that's even if they have access to Netflix!)

However, on the other hand, now please correct me if I'm wrong about this since I'm not a US viewer, but if MLP leaves Discovery Family/The HUB that leaves them without any big shows, then what the hell would happen to Discovery Family? Hasbro's just gonna ditch what's probably one of the only things that got them any notoriety.

As for the people saying Netflix is better than TV, eh, can't we have both? I see both TV and streaming services as viable sources of entertainment, the only issues I have with them is that there's stuff on TV that Isn't on streaming services, and vice versa, and that's not even going into certain shows being exclusive to certain services, that's why I'm paying for both Amazon Prime AND Netflix because I want all the content instead of having to pick and choose, It's not cheap and not everyone can do that.

Also, Netflix can be annoyingly buggy sometimes to the point where it frustrates me. For example, on the home page it still says I'm halfway through Legend Of Everfree when I've watched the whole thing. I'm sure I'm not alone with issues like this, they need some kind of "Mark as watched" feature.

Traditional TV is losing more and more of it's appeal and shifts now towards streaming services, like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.

If Hasbro was smart, they should consider moving the next season to Netflix. If there is one of course.

Hasbros Marketing strategy is way too conservative, to move it to PG. They don't want to lose their little girl audience.

Little girls love Steven Universe and that's PG. Do you have inside access for Hasbro's strategy?

Little girls love Steven Universe and that's PG. Do you have inside access for Hasbro's strategy?

No, but everybody knows how Hasbros Marketing works

Transformers: Boys

MLP: Girls

It's not really Rocket Science.

Also, you shouldn't compare SU with MLP

Proably is that netflix usua release WHOLE seasons at a time..instead of one episode a week. so there the issue. it would ruin the whole one episode per week thing and spoilers everywhere and ..you see the issue. Finachila it not an issue it just would cause a shift in the fandom

But isn't that mostly because the show airs elsewhere and is then later released on Netflix? I mean, sure, that's a common practice, but if the show were to air on Netflix first then it would probably be released on an episode-by-episode basis. I can see Hasbro wanting to do it to cut down on the illegal streaming of the episodes, as well as get a higher viewer count. I'm just not sure how that will affect the live streams so I'm torn on this idea. I think it's a great one from Hasbro's standpoint though.

On the discussion of TV ratings, It'd be nice if they were able to up the rating from Tv-Y to TV-Y7 if they moved to netflix; I think the original EQG movie was TV-Y7 in comparison to the other EQG movies being TV-Y, thinking about it.

I would definitely love it if Season 7 onward were Netflix exclusive. I hate paying for an overly expensive tv package just for Discovery Family and then having to deal with commercials. Although, I feel like Hasbro would work something out with Netflix to have them release episodes once a week instead of releasing the entire season at once.

• Brohoof 2

But isn't that mostly because the show airs elsewhere and is then later released on Netflix? I mean, sure, that's a common practice, but if the show were to air on Netflix first then it would probably be released on an episode-by-episode basis. I can see Hasbro wanting to do it to cut down on the illegal streaming of the episodes, as well as get a higher viewer count. I'm just not sure how that will affect the live streams so I'm torn on this idea. I think it's a great one from Hasbro's standpoint though.

Yeah cause as far as i know netflix has some nasty DRM or something to stop recordings. probably the BS with HDMI monitors and ugh..still bitter about that whole thing

Maybe they will release episode by episode but how would you advertise

i dont think so first they would have alot of backlash second not every one has netflix and DF is a good channel (i dont get it via that one but mehs)

I'd probably have to leave the fandom fandom or start pirating it if it was exclusive to streaming. Mom would never pay for streaming and I have no means of doing it myself

Just use the stream they provide at Equestria Daily.

• Brohoof 1