Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Neither Habor nor Larson are returning

TheAnimatorOfficial

LLLLAAARSOOOON! Now we're yelling at him because he left. It's all part of his plan.

Thanks, M.A. Larson.

Edited by \/

They may be gone for Season 7, but that does not mean they might come back for Season 8 or beyond once the movie's over. Heck, Meghan might come back, then the Princesses can finally get some love instead of being screwed over so much.

Interesting turn of events.

I expected Larson to not come back again. But Haber is pretty surprising, especially since he was the director for Season 6.

I wonder who will take the zepter for season 7, since Mccarthy is still working on the movie. :huh:

They may be gone for Season 7, but that does not mean they might come back for Season 8 or beyond once the movie's over. Heck, Meghan might come back, then the Princesses can finally get some love instead of being screwed over so much.

Meghan is still a big if even after the movie, since she now is the head of story development for multiple hasbro franchises. She already has enough hands full, even without MLP.

Maybe she also is gone for good.

Interesting turn of events.

I expected Larson to not come back again. But Haber is pretty surprising, especially since he was the director for Season 6.

I wonder who will take the zepter for season 7, since Mccarthy is still working on the movie. :huh:

Meghan is still a big if even after the movie, since she now is the head of story development for multiple hasbro franchises. She already has enough hands full, even without MLP.

Maybe she also is gone for good.

I guess time will tell in the coming months, right?

I guess time will tell in the coming months, right?

That is true indeed my friend. :)

Haber's tweet is confusing; are we totally he is saying that he won't be back? :/

As for Larson...yeah; not surprising. He's already left his mark on the show and not much else left to prove, so he wants to do other projects; which I think is respectable. :)

• Brohoof 1

I had a feeling that Larson wasn't going to be coming back, but Haber's tweet can be taken as either he is or isn't coming back. Perhaps he needs to clarify things a little?

Will Polsky be involved in season 7 as well? Because otherwise we'll have lost all the original crew (I think, Meghan was also involved this season but she didn't write any episode). Anyway, this is surprising considering he was the director, but I think the show is in good hands with the ones left, specially Vogel. I let myself feel worried about season 6 since Larson and Amy left, but it turned out to be good so I'll have faith this time.

It's a shame Larson probably won't ever come back though, he's the best writer this show has ever had. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, given that the newer writers are slowly improving IMHO, I'm hoping they'll hit their stride next season. They're not quite there yet but maybe their work on season 7 is an improvement. They'll definitely have more room to shine (or fail) without Haber hogging the spotlight. I admit I am a little sad to see him go. His writing was flawed but he definitely had a way with writing epic story arcs. I could deal with the occasional bout of awesomeness with a little bit of lacklustre characterization if it meant getting things like over the top action, amazingly dark dystopias and all around memorable season finales. Hopefully someone else will be able to fill his shoes. M.A. Larson wasn't involved in season 6 anyways, so his departure stings a little less as it was kind of done gradually. The only concern is whether the new writers can deliver. We'll probably see one or two new faces too so I guess we'll find out shortly what happens.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not terribly bummed about Haber, I didn't like him at the helm this season, maybe they can replace him with a more competent story director, and get writers that watch previous seasons and not write characters like they're in season 1.

Sad to see Larson won't return, he's one of the best writers, especially for his credits from season 5.

• Brohoof 3

Well, despite what some have said, the show has survived incredibly well despite the early departure of its creator Faust, unlike some shows like Spongebob and the departure of Hillenburg.

If FiM can survive the loss of faust, it should weather the storm of Haber and Larson's departure.

Well, despite what some have said, the show has survived incredibly well despite the early departure of its creator Faust, unlike some shows like Spongebob and the departure of Hillenburg.

If FiM can survive the loss of faust, it should weather the storm of Haber and Larson's departure.

Yes. It has weathered fiercer storms than this... like Twilight becoming an alicorn,

Haber's loss might end up being an improvement. As for Larson, I pretty much knew that he was done with the show. 

Will Polsky be involved in season 7 as well? Because otherwise we'll have lost all the original crew (I think, Meghan was also involved this season but she didn't write any episode). 

Dunno. If I'm not mistaken he only actually had one writing credit in season 6 (for On Your Marks) so I think it's possible that it may have been on his way out as well. 

And yes, if he is indeed gone now, that will mean that every single original writer and director the show started out with has moved on.  

• Brohoof 2

Haber's loss might end up being an improvement. As for Larson, I pretty much knew that he was done with the show. 

Dunno. If I'm not mistaken he only actually had one writing credit in season 6 (for On Your Marks) so I think it's possible that it may have been on his way out as well. 

And yes, if he is indeed gone now, that will mean that every single original writer and director the show started out with has moved on.  

Well, no use crying over spilled milk.

Lemme drop this simply. We knew that M.A Larson was no longer employed by Hasbro on MLP when he appeared in the Season 5 premier "Bronies React". The react featured him, and the only way he could have been on it is if he was no longer employed with them. (For those of you who think Hasbro could have green-lit him being on "bronies react" while still being attached to MLP, I present to you the concept of lawyers, who would not allow it as it was not under the control of Hasbro, thus a liability).

So yes, the moment Larson was on Bronies React is after the time he last had a contract with them.

EDIT: To clarify, episodes writen by him came out after the "bronies react" that he was in, but he wrote them long before. His contract as writer ended before the bronies react video came out.

Edited by Sapphire Lightning
  • Brohoof 2

They have been bringing in new writers to fill the gaps that were left when the older writers decided to move on. Speaking of the older writers who still remain, if Haber decides to move on, I wonder who will get a promotion.

Well, I knew that larson wasn't coming back THIS soon, if at all: he's got pennyroyal to shill after all, and that takes time.

But... Haber's not coming back?

happy+carlton.gif

HELL YES. I was hoping this was going to be true due to LOE being written by Songo and lewis (Since usually the head writer of the next season writes the EQG movie), but I was really thinking it was a pipe dream. but YES. Its not confirmed, and just still a rumor/hinted at thing, but I hope its true.

I do NOT think haber was in any way shape or form cut out to be a head writer for this show, and if he truly ISN'T the head writer, I will be VERY happy. Hopefully vogel or songco will take over instead if he truly isn't.

As a "normal" writer, sure, he's fine for putting in some filler episodes IMO, but I honestly don't think he's his episodes and movies have been that good (Friendship games stands out to me as a giant cluttered trainwreck) and he doesn't seem to have the fire for the show that a head writer needs.

• Brohoof 2