Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too late?

PleasantPetrichor

I only just recently got into mlp and I'm feeling a little down because it really seems like all the activity in the fandom kind of stopped for the most part around 2013. It's really hard to find any good content that was made after 2010-2013 and many of the fans that I've seen no longer consider themselves fans. I'm just kind of sad that I missed out on all that. There's gotta still be some fans that are just as passionate about it right? I can't be alone in this

• Brohoof 5

Haven't really looked into fan stuff. Maybe people just don't want to put out a lot of effort because they're afraid Hasbro will just shut them down. I know that's a problem for abridged series ('serieses' isn't a word apparently) but I'm not sure about other stuff. I, for one, am pretty passionate and intend on making a lot of art centered around it. There's always gonna be new generations of people. Maybe you missed one generation, but there will be more. Unless the world ends, again, except for real.

• Brohoof 2

Fans are still creating new content even now and are as passionate now as they were back then. Some of the older fans have moved on for reasons of their own, yet new fans continue to pour in and become part of the herd.

• Brohoof 3

It's quite popular still and will be so for quite a while, definitely while the show is going on. Perhaps it's because it has bece more normal now and not as noticeable, since it had a lot of problems in 2013.

• Brohoof 2

I am in love with the show and the fandom :D I only joined late 2015 but there are still more conventions to be had. A freaking movie and even season 7 apparently :D we are still going strong!! Don't you worry just because we didn't make it to the party when it started, there is no reason for consurn, it's the poor bastards who join when the party's over are the ones who have got something to think about, they are missing out.

It hurts me deeply to think that one day I too will lose interest in this show, but there are some bloody good memory's yet to be made, I'm going to drive for like 7 hours with members I met on this forum to a my little pony convention next year!!!! It's going to be great!!! XD yes we are late. But the party is still going!!!!!!!! Wwwwwoooooooo!!!

Edited by Ju88snow
  • Brohoof 1

I don't notice as much of a decline whenever I have the time to go to meetups in the area. Still plenty of people of love to Poni!

Also noticed that our local convention, Everfree Northwest, keeps getting busier and busier each year so I'm not that worried and I've been in the fandom since mid 2012!

• Brohoof 2

I only just recently got into mlp and I'm feeling a little down because it really seems like all the activity in the fandom kind of stopped for the most part around 2013. It's really hard to find any good content that was made after 2010-2013 and many of the fans that I've seen no longer consider themselves fans. I'm just kind of sad that I missed out on all that. There's gotta still be some fans that are just as passionate about it right? I can't be alone in this

I see the fandom pretty active, and also they are creating new content constantly (I'm just not a big consumer of them  :-P ). Still, maybe it's me, but I think older works are remembered more often than the new :huh:.

I can relate to the feeling, joining the fandom pretty late, and feeling ponies will end soon (mine was back at late 2012, close to the twilicorn case), but I doubt G4 ponies will end soon, less if the upcoming movie proves a huge hit :proud: . Still, I'd recommend you keep on track on the show and maybe the EG movies now that we are practically on hiatus

• Brohoof 1