Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best Game(s) of 2016

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

2016 is near its closing. Went by kinda quick actually. :| With the end of another year drawing near, we can look back at all of the video games released within the year, and even some that are still coming. Also with each year, comes games that are considered above their competition and those that are far below it. I will make a thread for the worst games at another time.

For now, we should celebrate! For you, what are the best games of 2016?

One of them for me already is Battlefield 1. While I do hate how the Battlepack and camo system is inferior to BF4, everything else is still rock solid. The sound design is near perfection, the graphics are amazing and the multiplayer is just awesome.

I would say Overwatch as well but honestly, the game is kinda boring me now. There just isn't even there for me to warrant it with such an award.

I didn't buy too many new games this year, but of those I did buy, I have two on that list:

• Doom
  • Arma 3: Apex (It's technically an expansion, but it added new weapons, vehicles, uniforms, equipment, and a new map, so...correct me if I'm wrong to include this :x)

Guess I'll have to be different by going with what I feel is the best handheld game of the year. I'm going with Hyrule Warriors Legends. While it's essentially a ported version of the Wii U game, it more than made up for it by adding new characters, new adventure maps, and fixing some of the more problematic issues the Wii U version had.

Of course, I have an idea as to what will end u being the best handheld game of the year.

• Brohoof 1

There have been games that have come out this year? Wasn't even aware.

Pokemon Sun/Moon are pretty much guaranteed to take this one. There isn't even any competition. lol

• Brohoof 1

Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse by far. Amazing game and a huge improvement over SMTIV for the most part. The story isn't quite as good but still good in its own way.

I fully expect Watch Dogs 2 and Final Fantasy XV to at least be equal. Possibly be even better.

My picks are

Overwatch - This game is simply amazing.  Its a very accessible, fun and interesting team based PvP.  I don't think I have played PvP FPS games this much since the original Goldeneye, and I don't think I have ever encountered an PvP FPS I have enjoyed this much in that past at all.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Sure, its not quite as good as Human Revolution mainly do to lack of story content, but Human Revolution wasn't released in 2016, and its a fine game.

Civilization 6 -  Its only been out about a week or so, but this is an excellent sequel to Civliization 5.