Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Background Ponies Appreciation Club

Oleks

A couple of nice articles about underappreciated background ponies apeeared on Equestria Daily. Although the list they give is far from complete, it's good to see people still pay attention to BG ponies.

BG+Ponies+Editorial+1.jpg

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/03/15-under-appreciated-background-ponies.html - part 1

BG+ponies+2+copy.jpg

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/03/15-under-appreciated-background-ponies_10.html - part 2

Yes, I read this a few minutes ago on EQD. It is a good list, but I am also a little bit dissapointed to see only one Canterlot Boutique Unicorn Girl there. I hope they bring more in the future because there are so many Ponies who need more attention. 

Speaking of Canterlot Boutique Unicorn Girls. Here two new vectors of Ponies in elegant poses: Sweet Biscuit and North Point. 

dd0rxm6-06000acc-1767-47f5-930e-d1416ee5

Picture on DeviantArt

dd1sg1p-47867b5b-73f5-47a7-8e37-fa4d629f

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

New season and new episodes also means new appearances of background ponies. And my favorite appearance is obviously these scene: 01-twi_grin.png

2005182.png

And beside the fact that I am really happy to see finally the color of the magic Aura from Citrus Blush, I am really surprised that even normal unicorns can make laser beams. Did that ever happen before?

17 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

And beside the fact that I am really happy to see finally the color of the magic Aura from Citrus Blush, I am really surprised that even normal unicorns can make laser beams. Did that ever happen before?

I don't remember it happening before. I assume Sombra's magic gave them this power. They look cool though.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, Oleks said:

I don't remember it happening before. I assume Sombra's magic gave them this power. They look cool though.

This is also a possible reason. Or they are magic students who learn to make powerful magic in Canterlot (what would explain why we never saw them before in Canterlot).

Anyway, My next self made "Pony posing elegant" vector, this time with Cocoa Candy, a (in my opinion really beautiful) Backgroundpony from Fillydelphia who made her first (and sadly only) appearence in S7E14 "Fame and Misfortune". 

elegant_posing_cocoa_candy_by_ironm17_dd

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Citrus Blush (with a Dobro) and Cayenne (with a Banjo) playing a little bit country music. Why? Because of fun (and I love to make vectors of  them in this outfits). The base was a screenshot of rarity from the episode "She's all Yak".

ddc59ia-52654a89-a839-4b9e-9157-0ff0d27f

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Here a self made picture of the three canterlot Trendsetters North Point, Citrus Blush and Cayenne while they go on a walk trough the snowy landscapes around Canterlot. I gave them new Winter attires. The base for the vector was a screenshot of Minuette, Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine from the episode "Friendship is Magic - Part 1".

ddfp5on-347e1e8d-92b9-450a-b72f-df132947

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IronM17 said:

Here a self made vector of one of the for me cutest scenes with a background pony in the show. It is about Jade Spade while she is really happy that she won that big plushy of a ursa major. Look how happy she is. ^^

ddh6nvy-b7a10153-75f5-4176-a8b4-a9c39787

Picture on DeviantArt

Cute picture; I guess its big for a plushie, for an actual ursa, not so much :)

After I saw these event a few days ago on EQG, I wated for it. ^^ I even tought to gave them one of my pictures (I mean, i have enough), but I wasn't sure which one. And because of the reason that I could not chose one, I decided to chose none.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 1/7/2018 at 5:19 PM, Oleks said:

Interesting background ponies from MLP Movie (part 1, I hope):

Octavia's younger sister (?):

TZDses9.png

Here she is with a different cutie mark:

oct21.png.5fd10997cea684c3abc8ddfdde426461.png

A happy flying earth pony:

fly.png.1d55a59d9c2a54e255e795deecee175a.png

Several ponies with a rather unusual mane style:

hair2.png.f6b0ac51b1ea040071fd36744bf657c8.pnghair.png.a2bccea9841cba7ca42521726efa7445.png

And a pony with a great cutie mark:

snake.png.51bda223b8549d315044e3b156395218.png

I don't know if they have names yet. I hope someone creative will come up with something fitting.

The only one of them with a name so far is the first one. Yes, she's generally seen as Octavia's sister, and she's named Symphonia.

Most of the movie pony naming (excluding Symphonia and a few more) was initiated by me, and I got to name a few myself. Once the votes on Derpibooru work again, I may continue this.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:52 PM, Oleks said:

Interesting background ponies from MLP Movie (part 2). As was mentioned before, most new BG ponies in the movie were relocors, but I still try to find interesting designs and cutie marks.

A bouncy radish pony and an earth pony with a rainbow cutie mark that would better suit a pegasus:

jump.png.39ef55882e0c928863db393769c28f7f.png

Clear skies with a pony astronomer (?):

1642412__safe_screencap_clear+skies_my+l

Either this pony's cutie mark is a weird toucan, or she is a descendant of Mage Meadowbrook:

2m.png.356e3236f56c91af21a6030732d6bff8.png

Just a cute unicorn:

1601096__safe_screencap_carrot+cake_my+l

A pony with a horse cutie mark:

horse.png.53e1b92d965cb10944ccf05c1999f57a.png

Some stallions:

cap.png.7446b33cd4a69ddaa8283d3d975c5419.pngbeard.thumb.png.855da3fb5d4524cb25c4900b5cc497c8.png

Most of these are still nameless, too.

The mare to the right in the first pic has a speaking line, but she didn't have a name at all for months until my suggestion Dawn Sunrays was accepted.

That gorgeous Clear Skies colour swap in the third pic got a name from me, too, Winter Morning (with no competition this time).

Next we have Aquamarine Glow, one of the first movie background ponies with a name. The Ballad look-alike in the background was named Melody Star.

The last pic shows a few familiar faces, but no new names.

On 3/25/2018 at 8:22 PM, Oleks said:

New season - new background ponies. I hope at least some of them will get names.

large.png

1690124__safe_screencap_school+daze_spoi

large.png

Hello, Canada!

1690041__safe_screencap_school+daze_spoi

They're all named by now, that is, at least on Derpibooru.

Now, how about the Background Student Six?

1749229.png

Citrine Spark/Fire Quacker, Peppermint Goldylinks, Berry Blend/Berry Bliss, November Rain, Huckleberry and Auburn Vision.

You can see these six hang around with each other a lot during the last two seasons. Guess they made friends quickly. And in two cases, I guess, it's more than friendship.

Also, it's two Earth ponies, two unicorns, two pegasi, and it's one stallion and one mare in each race. The perfect pony mixture.

But there's one unicorn from Las Pegasus that's terribly underrepresented here and needs more attention: Sprout Greenhoof.

2246708.png

You aren't into her? Really?

1804861.gif

1718106.gif

Well, if you aren't now...

Edited by Pulse Wave
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Here a self made vector of Crimson Skate (a pony from the episode "The Cart before the Ponies") and Geronimo (a pony from the episode "On Your Marks") while both snuggling each other. I got the idea while I looked for Ponies who had rare appereances in the show. The base was a vector of Written Script and Golden Harvest from the episode "Games Pony Play".

ddv60y5-95604786-31ca-4865-9190-dc7a2fb2

Picture on DeviantArt

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...