Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would you vote for as mayor of Ponyville?

ManaMinori

I don't like politics in pony (the princess theme could die, for all I care), but politics are a hot topic in the real world- I want to get opinions. Mayor Mare has spent 7 years in office. Who would you guys vote for, for a new mayor- Mayor Flitter Flutter of G3 (see "Twinkle Wish Adventures"), or Mayor Twilight Velvet (Twi and Shining's mom) just so she can be closer to her babies?

Only out of the two? Darn, if I had to choose between those two, I'd go with Mayor Mare for being the one who's kept Ponyville in check for so long. Though, if I really wanted someone new, I'd go with Amethyst Star for being the one who used to be in charge of the Golden Oak Library and for having an organized taste. 

Mayor Mare should keep her job since she has shown that she still knows what she's doing. Besides, with Princess Twilight around to solve some of the more bizarre problems Ponyville has seen, Mayor Mare is able to focus on more domestic issues. I believe that Twilight Velvet lives in Canterlot so that prevents her from being mayor.

• Brohoof 1

Only out of the two? Darn, if I had to choose between those two, I'd go with Mayor Mare for being the one who's kept Ponyville in check for so long. Though, if I really wanted someone new, I'd go with Amethyst Star for being the one who used to be in charge of the Golden Oak Library and for having an organized taste.

Mayor mare has run her term so she's not an option

When was Amethyst ever in charge of the library? (She's also not an option, but her organization skills would make her a fitting candidate)

Mayor mare has run her term so she's not an option

When was Amethyst ever in charge of the library? (She's also not an option, but her organization skills would make her a fitting candidate)

Huh, I guess I assumed Amethyst was in charge of the Library considering her explanation of ponies leaving her guidance. 

Ah well, I don't really know the other two so well, but I guess I'm going to have to go for Twilight's Mother. Considering any mayor in charge of G3 should probably be fired. 

• Brohoof 1

Sweetie Belle would get my vote. Regardless of her age. She would make Ponyville even more fun and filled to the brim with musical banter. :3

When you put it that way she sounds like Mabel from Gravity Falls (which makes sense if you've finished the series) But I'd have to stick with Mayor Mare. She seems to be doing an ok job at the moment, I dont think you can blame her for bugbear attacks and the like, and being mayor is in her name and I would assume is also her special talent, right?

APPLEJACK!!!! 

post-31053-0-57237800-1478280173_thumb.png

I've been thinking for a long time that Applejack would likely make a really good mayor, and given how her family is one of the founding families of Ponyville, I really think she deserves it.  :icwudt:

Additionally, making her mayor would alleviate my fears of her coming off the show with nothing. AJ gets my vote. 

Edited by Cleverclover