Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will we ever get a pony who just wants to use the library?

ManaMinori

Not looking for friendship lessons, just there to borrow a book, and Twilight is being too Princess of Friendship, and won't let the pony leave with just the book, but with an additional friend, if she can help it? (Twilight's "a friend in deed" episode?)

We haven't really seen anypony just visiting the library for its intended purpose. Could be interesting, with Twilight in the mix

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

They'd have to find the library first. :wacko:

it would have been easier when the Golden oaks library was still around (RIP), true, but it could be left out, just like how it was never revealed how Chryssi managed to ponynap all the royals

It's kind of funny, even when she lived back in the town's library, we never saw anypony show up just for books...Is the Castle library even open to the public? Considering it's Twilight I imagine it would be. But her trying to make friends with everypony who just wants a book is kind of a funny image. However, Twilight was the one who advocated Pinkie to leave Cranky alone back in "A Friend in deed", so I think she knows when somepony doesn't want to be friends with her, and when to leave them alone.

Then again, maybe there's a reason nopony goes to her for books, you can't just come to the Friendship princess and not expect to make new friends, can you?

:twi: Nopony leaves the castle of friendship without making a new friend...Nopony. Isn't that right Starlight?

:=: She locks me in the basement and only let's me out for Friendship lessons. Run. Run for your life.

• Brohoof 2

None of the other ponies in Equestria read. Books are like an alien object to them.

That is why she was so thrilled when RD wanted to read.

Obviously kidding.

Maybe there is another library in town though, and they go there for their books instead of facing Twilight and her attempts to sell them friendship when all they want is some Daring Do.

It's kind of funny, even when she lived back in the town's library, we never saw anypony show up just for books...Is the Castle library even open to the public? Considering it's Twilight I imagine it would be. But her trying to make friends with everypony who just wants a book is kind of a funny image. However, Twilight was the one who advocated Pinkie to leave Cranky alone back in "A Friend in deed", so I think she knows when somepony doesn't want to be friends with her, and when to leave them alone.

Then again, maybe there's a reason nopony goes to her for books, you can't just come to the Friendship princess and not expect to make new friends, can you?

:twi: Nopony leaves the castle of friendship without making a new friend...Nopony. Isn't that right Starlight?

:=: She locks me in the basement and only let's me out for Friendship lessons. Run. Run for your life.

heehee! Yfory have a point there, actually, but you know how To get with friendship matters...as you said, her whole message to Pinks with Cranky might go out the window

They'd need to get Twilight's permission considering the library has since been relocated to the castle after the Lord Tirek incident at the end of season four. It's actually strange when you think about it. Does anyone in Ponyville know that the library was moved or have they remained ignorant this entire time? Did they even use it?

While I'm sure Twilight's library in the castle is wide open to every pony in Ponyville, especially after the loss of the Golden Oaks Library, I can imagine some ponies thinking they would be intruding on the Princess by asking to use it.

An episode about Twilight championing an actual replacement would be interesting.

Maybe most of Twilight's library consists only of Celestia's and magical teachings so if anypony wanted to read something else, they wouldn't really visit her collection. She otherwise wouldn't mind sharing a bit of her books if somepony wants to be a Alicorn.