Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Spike ever get another song?

Tilgoreth

Personally Spike is one of my favorite MLP characters. So when he got a song in season 6 it made me happy. I think Cathy Wesluck was fantastic as Spike. And I really want to hear her sing as him more.

• Brohoof 2

Personally Spike is one of my favorite MLP characters. So when he got a song in season 6 it made me happy. I think Cathy Wesluck was fantastic as Spike. And I really want to hear her sing as him more.

I thought you were talking about The Cloudsdale Anthem, so I was immediately like "what the fuck!", but yeah, another Spike song would make a lot of members from the community really happy.

• Brohoof 2

I thought you were talking about The Cloudsdale Anthem, so I was immediately like "what the fuck!", but yeah, another Spike song would make a lot of members from the community really happy.

It would also be nice to have a more upbeat Spike song. Personally I though A Changling Can Change was one of the best songs in the show. And as far as giving Spike and intense confessional song this was the best way to do it. It made sense in the context of the episode and was a real growth moment for him. But having a more upbeat song would reflect his personality better. Not mention that it would make better use of Cathy' s singing voice.

His last song was a tiny bit cheesey, but it was sooooooooo good too. While this could be a case of 'he got a good song so he doesn't need anymore', this could also be a scenario of 'his first major song was so good that he needs another one!' I could see him maybe getting at least one more song and that could be in season 7. Unlikely? A bit, but I would not mind having another one.

• Brohoof 2

Well the Mane Six sing every season (except for Twilight in S6), the CMCs do too, why not Spike have just one song every season? Not just A Changeling Can Change was the bomb, but Jolly Ol St. Nick was as well! I'm sure he's gonna get one! Cathy's gonna want to do another one! She keeps sharing the Changeling episode on her Twitter!

So yeah, I say go for it! I just hope it's a happy song though, and perhaps he has a duet with somepony!

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really think that he needs one.

Wait why not? Did you not like the one he got?

His last song was a tiny bit cheesey, but it was sooooooooo good too. While this could be a case of 'he got a good song so he doesn't need anymore', this could also be a scenario of 'his first major song was so good that he needs another one!' I could see him maybe getting at least one more song and that could be in season 7. Unlikely? A bit, but I would not mind having another one.

Yeah me to. It's sort of weird it took him this long to get one. Especially when even Discord had a song.

Well the Mane Six sing every season (except for Twilight in S6), the CMCs do too, why not Spike have just one song every season? Not just A Changeling Can Change was the bomb, but Jolly Ol St. Nick was as well! I'm sure he's gonna get one! Cathy's gonna want to do another one! She keeps sharing the Changeling episode on her Twitter!

So yeah, I say go for it! I just hope it's a happy song though, and perhaps he has a duet with somepony!

Yeah giving Spike a more upbeat song would reflect his personality better. But the song we did get made sense in the context of the episode.
  • Brohoof 1

ofc he will! i bet he gets one in the movie for one thing, almost guarentee it in fact. 

• Brohoof 2

As long as he never sing in german again (because the german version of his song is really awful), I am ok with another spike song. It was surprisingly good. Not my favorite, but definitely good.

• Brohoof 1

Or Ember and Spike could have a duet. Ember's voiced by a pop singer, after all. 

Really? I didn't know that! If Spike's getting another dragon episode in season 7, Spike and Ember probably will have a duet!

• Brohoof 1

I don't see shy not if he already has one. It depends if it's needed though. With the development and focus he has gotten though it seems to be a fair chance.

Yeah I reall want him to get another one.

They should do an episode where Spike finally gets over his love for Rarity and he can sing about finding a new love his own age.

Character development.

Rarity probaly isn't thst much older than him. But I do agree.

Will you be around to watch that? It seemed like you didn't really like last season so much.

Yeah that would be cool. Mlp.

I didn't really enjoy his song all that much... If he does get another I hope they deliver.

Wait why not? Are you anti spike?

As long as he never sing in german again (because the german version of his song is really awful), I am ok with another spike song. It was surprisingly good. Not my favorite, but definitely good.

Yeah having him sing another one would be great.
  • Brohoof 1

Rarity probaly isn't thst much older than him. But I do agree.

Yeah that would be cool. Mlp.

You're not wrong. Spike is referred to as a "baby" but he's actually almost as old as the Mane Six.

But he's a baby in "dragon years" so it makes sense to me. Otherwise, he's just a kid with a crush the whole show.

• Brohoof 1

Or Ember and Spike could have a duet. Ember's voiced by a pop singer, after all.

Yeah that would actually be cool.

You're not wrong. Spike is referred to as a "baby" but he's actually almost as old as the Mane Six.

But he's a baby in "dragon years" so it makes sense to me. Otherwise, he's just a kid with a crush the whole show.

Well Spike is probaly 15 or 16 at this point. And 13 when the show started. At the oldest Rarty is probaly twenty two. So it wouldn't be to much of a stretch. But the bigger problem is that there not the same species. Then again the writers didn't have a problem with romance between pony Twilight and Flash.

Really? I didn't know that! If Spike's getting another dragon episode in season 7, Spike and Ember probably will have a duet!

Yeah thst would be really cool.
  • Brohoof 2

Wait why not? Are you anti spike?

I am NOT Anit Spike. In fact, I really like the little fellow. 

I just don't think the song or the singing for that matter, were very good. 

In fact, it was kinda cringe-worthy.

• Brohoof 2

Dragons age differently? Where did they say that?

• Brohoof 1

Give him an episode, but another song? Who's next? Coco Pommel? Granny Smith??? They already cheated with Luna by using a entirely different voice in this Christmas episode, because her true voice doesn't sound that good. Spike is even worse.

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

Dragons age differently? Where did they say that?

It doesn't have to be said. Twilight Sparkle hatched Spike when she was very young, yet in present time, Twilight is an adult and Spike is very young. That means dragons age differently than ponies and spend more time as babies.

• Brohoof 1