Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are the MLP abridged series I should watch?

Tilgoreth

My Little Pony: Friendship is Witchcraft seems to be the most well known abridged series today. I don't know if they are still making new episodes, but I found it pretty funny. I remember meeting one of the creators of the show back in college, and he was a pretty cool guy  :P.

The other abridged series I would recommend is My Little Pony: Camaraderie is Supernatural. Only a handful of episodes were made, but I found them all entertaining and hilarious.  

• Brohoof 1

My Little Pony: Friendship is Witchcraft seems to be the most well known abridged series today. I don't know if they are still making new episodes, but I found it pretty funny. I remember meeting one of the creators of the show back in college, and he was a pretty cool guy  :P.

The other abridged series I would recommend is My Little Pony: Camaraderie is Supernatural. Only a handful of episodes were made, but I found them all entertaining and hilarious.

Alright thank you I'll check those out.

I definitely recommend Friendship is Witchcraft. I believe Pinkie's Brew came from one of the episodes. Personally, my favorite song from the series is It'll Be Okay because of how well it is made and how catchy it is. They haven't made episodes in a while but they are making Horse Women, an abridged version of Equestria Girls. They're releasing it in parts and the most recent one was released earlier this year.

I think there is another series known as the Mentally Advanced Series but I haven't watched it yet.

• Brohoof 1

Its less of an abridged series now and more "its own thing" but the mentally abridged series gets 10/10 my recommendation.

Its more of a commentary on the fandom's jokes and views of the series than anything, but I find it pretty good.

I honestly hate friendship is witchcraft; apart from the Gypsy bard song, its really crappy IMO.

• Brohoof 1

Aside from the most known ones (FiW and MAS), you should check Ultra Fast Pony and Scootertrix The Abridged. UFP is the longest running abridged series actually, it has covered all the episodes up to season 4 episode 20 plus the first EqG movie, it's mostly silly fast paced random humor, the episodes last 5 minutes, and while sometimes it's a hit or miss it has its moments of greatness, so if you're into that kind of humor you'll enjoy it. The editing isn't that good but even the series itself makes fun of that, and it's not too distracting, and personally this is my favorite one.

Scootertrix is more serious than UFP, it has better editing and is way more slow paced, and a lot of its jokes rely on timing. It also has its own plot that slowly starts to diverge from the original series into something completely different, but I mean a serious plot (although it takes some time to start). The more you know about it the more you want to see how it will play out, so sometimes the series gets serious and doesn't focus on the comedy. It has a great balance of humor and story and it's something really unique. It has 19 episodes and some specials.

Edited by Baykush
  • Brohoof 1

I recommend watching Ultra Fast Pony because of how absurd it can get especially since they take a twenty-two minute episode and turn it into a five minute parody.

• Brohoof 1

I definitely recommend Friendship is Witchcraft. I believe Pinkie's Brew came from one of the episodes. Personally, my favorite song from the series is It'll Be Okay because of how well it is made and how catchy it is. They haven't made episodes in a while but they are making Horse Women, an abridged version of Equestria Girls. They're releasing it in parts and the most recent one was released earlier this year.

I think there is another series known as the Mentally Advanced Series but I haven't watched it yet.

Okay cool I will check both of those out.

Mentally Advanced Series for sure, along with Rainbow Dash Presents, which is made by the same person.

If that sounds like an endorsement, that's because it is.

Alright I will check both of those out.

Its less of an abridged series now and more "its own thing" but the mentally abridged series gets 10/10 my recommendation.

Its more of a commentary on the fandom's jokes and views of the series than anything, but I find it pretty good.

I honestly hate friendship is witchcraft; apart from the Gypsy bard song, its really crappy IMO.

Okay cool I will check that one out.

Aside from the most known ones (FiW and MAS), you should check Ultra Fast Pony and Scootertrix The Abridged. UFP is the longest running abridged series actually, it has covered all the episodes up to season 4 episode 20 plus the first EqG movie, it's mostly silly fast paced random humor, the episodes last 5 minutes, and while sometimes it's a hit or miss it has its moments of greatness, so if you're into that kind of humor you'll enjoy it. The editing isn't that good but even the series itself makes fun of that, and it's not too distracting, and personally this is my favorite one.

Scootertrix is more serious than UFP, it has better editing and is way more slow paced, and a lot of its jokes rely on timing. It also has its own plot that slowly starts to diverge from the original series into something completely different, but I mean a serious plot (although it takes some time to start). The more you know about it the more you want to see how it will play out, so sometimes the series gets serious and doesn't focus on the comedy. It has a great balance of humor and story and it's something really unique. It has 19 episodes and some specials.

I will defintley check those out.

I'd suggest either the Friendship is Witchcraft series, or the .MOV (by hot Diggity Demon)

Okay I will check out the first one.

I recommend watching Ultra Fast Pony because of how absurd it can get especially since they take a twenty-two minute episode and turn it into a five minute parody.

Yeah that sounds really cool I will watch it.
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah that sounds really cool I will watch it.

Wacarb is past the halfway point of season four so he still has a ways to go before he catches up, but it shouldn't take long for you to catch up since each episode is five minutes. The exception to this is Equestria Girls which is roughly twenty-three minutes.

• Brohoof 1

Wacarb is past the halfway point of season four so he still has a ways to go before he catches up, but it shouldn't take long for you to catch up since each episode is five minutes. The exception to this is Equestria Girls which is roughly twenty-three minutes.

Okay thanks. They actually sound really cool.