Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What effects would ponies have if they came to our world?

cider float

We always think about going to Equestria but what if ponies came to our world? Pegasi can control our weather, Celestia could control our moon and sun and unicorns could use magic. Would humans also be influenced by the massive flux of magic and also be able to use magic? Would there be new law and politics on ponies? Would there be controls on ponies using their magic?

• Brohoof 1

To bronies. Eternal love, hugs and friendship. Others would be disturbed and confused first. But i think with their magic and cuteness the ponies would make everybody love them and fix the most problems on earth.

• 1 year later...

world religion would shatter because humans are no longer the sole beings with thought on our level

our superiority complex would be challenged again

either humans would become far more kind or ponies far more cruel 

(edited)

Since our Sun and Moon aren't naturally controlled by magic, I'd guess that Celestia and Luna wouldn't mess with what's already happening. They probably wouldn't want to, anyway. Remember "Bridle Gossip," when we first saw Zecora? The mane 6 (-Twilight) described Everfree Forest. "The clouds move on their own" was one of the descriptions given, and it sounded like that was a scary thing to RD. Since they wouldn't need to move the sun, moon, or clouds, they probably wouldn't want to. 

Edited by DJSuits

I think the laws of physics are fundamentally different in the world of Equestria from what they are in our world.  So that just brings up more questions:  what happens when the laws of physics of two different universes collide?  Does one set of laws "win", do the two sets of laws co-exist with humans and objects from earth following earth-physics and ponies and objects from Equestria following Equestria-physics, or does a brand new set of laws emerge?  The answers to those questions would dramatically change how ponies react to us, and how we'd react to ponies.

Also:  can ponies and/or humans travel at-will between the worlds and carry things with them?  If world-to-world trade could be opened up, the economic implications would be huge!  Gold prices would drop on earth, since gold is clearly a much more plentiful metal in Equestria than it is on earth.  And that's barely scratching the surface of the economic impact...

I can imagine that there would be a portal, and someone shares the location of the portal...

causing most bronies to move to Equestria, causing most jobs that ponies don't want to start going to us, but regardless causing some Equestrians to hate immigrants.

Our world would probably drop in population and Equestria's would grow

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

...[W]hat happens when the laws of physics of two different universes collide?  ...[D]o the two sets of laws co-exist with humans and objects from earth following earth-physics and ponies and objects from Equestria following Equestria-physics...?

I think that the option of "Objects follow the physics of their home world" works best. 

Otherwise, the implications could be terrifying. Imagine Celestia actually aging in our world. She's over 1,000 years old. Would she turn to dust the second she walks through the portal?

This concept has been explored in the Equestria Girls series, by the way. (SPOILER ALERT) 

Equestrian magic items retain their power in the EG world, but ponies don't. As soon as they walk through the portal into EG land, they become human and lose all powers. But, cracks in the portal have leaked Equestrian magic into the EG world, and said Equestrian magic is quite potent.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, DJSuits said:

I think that the option of "Objects follow the physics of their home world" works best. 

Otherwise, the implications could be terrifying. Imagine Celestia actually aging in our world. She's over 1,000 years old. Would she turn to dust the second she walks through the portal?

This concept has been explored in the Equestria Girls series, by the way. (SPOILER ALERT) 

Equestrian magic items retain their power in the EG world, but ponies don't. As soon as they walk through the portal into EG land, they become human and lose all powers. But, cracks in the portal have leaked Equestrian magic into the EG world, and said Equestrian magic is quite potent.

In that case, I'd think that one of the first things that would be on the government's mind is NASA trying to find a way to use Equestrian magic to go faster than the speed of light.

Apart from that, their magic would be a major novelty and magic items would probably be in high demand, especially if they had practical uses that would make them less expensive than electronic solutions.  That alone would probably make ponies very welcome in human society.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, HereComesTom said:

In that case, I'd think that one of the first things that would be on the government's mind is NASA trying to find a way to use Equestrian magic to go faster than the speed of light.

Apart from that, their magic would be a major novelty and magic items would probably be in high demand, especially if they had practical uses that would make them less expensive than electronic solutions.  That alone would probably make ponies very welcome in human society.

I suppose that would depend on whether or not humans have the ability to use those magic items. In EG, they can.