Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think it funny that Zephyr Breezes name is redundant?

Tilgoreth

His last name is Shy? Fluttershy is one word.

Names are sometimes chosen for flow. Both of my kids have a syllabic pattern to make either their full name or first and last name sound cool coming off the tongue.

2-1 with the two syllable first name having a emphasis on the last syllable and a strong long vowels single syllable last name is a pleasing and natural pattern.

• Brohoof 1

Shy isn't the name of the family even though the credits for the episode list Fluttershy's parents as Mr. and Mrs. Shy. I see such a thing as a simple placeholder because they weren't given any actual names. They did the same thing with Twilight's parents although their actual names were provided in the MLP CCG. Zephyr Breeze is just a name he was given due to his parents thinking it was an idea name to give him.

• Brohoof 2

His last name is Shy? Fluttershy is one word.

Names are sometimes chosen for flow. Both of my kids have a syllabic pattern to make either their full name or first and last name sound cool coming off the tongue.

2-1 with the two syllable first name having a emphasis on the last syllable and a strong long vowels single syllable last name is a pleasing and natural pattern.

At one point Rainbow Dash said Mr and Mrs Shy. Implying there last name is Shy. Which if true is stupid because it would make Fluttershy' s name Fluttershy Shy. Also I don't you read my post. Also I know Fluttershy is one word.

"There's a soft breeze breeze comin' your way, baby. And that soft breeze breeze's name is Zephyr Breeze." - Zephyr Breeze 2016

Did he actually say that.

Shy isn't the name of the family even though the credits for the episode list Fluttershy's parents as Mr. and Mrs. Shy. I see such a thing as a simple placeholder because they weren't given any actual names. They did the same thing with Twilight's parents although their actual names were provided in the MLP CCG. Zephyr Breeze is just a name he was given due to his parents thinking it was an idea name to give him.

I guess I can see that. Mlp

Febreze!

sig-4766831.f1c22473-e066-4b5b-9ff7-d97c

It's meant to make him look extra soft and gentle.

Alright cool I guess. Mlp

At one point Rainbow Dash said Mr and Mrs Shy. Implying there last name is Shy. Which if true is stupid because it would make Fluttershy' s name Fluttershy Shy. Also I don't you read my post. Also I know Fluttershy is one word.

I did read your post. What I do is usually offer real world explanations or scenarios that can be applied to the show. Usually I tend to apply examples that most here would not have experienced (not many members here have children that they have had to name).

It would have been appropriate to discuss the English language congruency here. For instance, you focused on the redundancy of the words. I could have simply pointed to things like "ATM Machine" to show that this is a linguistic habit in English. Instead I opted to discuss how naming can also be selected surrounding pleasing patterns.

I read your post. Considered it, and responded I'm a manner that was ... somewhat unique. Guarantee you don't find psychology of naming conventions brought up often here.

As far as the Mr. and Mrs. Shy thing, I'm known as [insert my kids name] Dad or Papa [insert my kids name] to my children's friends. Or Mr. White, but that is because I look Walter White esque with a goatee and in my business casual attire. Parental nicks are a thing.

People do not eschew redundancy if it sounds good.

• Brohoof 2

Now if only he were actually a soft breeze breeze. Him being as he was in his premiere makes him as redundant as his name. I seem to show a lot of hatred towards zephyr but I really do not like him. XD

I loved Zephyr. Also he was hilarious.

I did read your post. What I do is usually offer real world explanations or scenarios that can be applied to the show. Usually I tend to apply examples that most here would not have experienced (not many members here have children that they have had to name).

It would have been appropriate to discuss the English language congruency here. For instance, you focused on the redundancy of the words. I could have simply pointed to things like "ATM Machine" to show that this is a linguistic habit in English. Instead I opted to discuss how naming can also be selected surrounding pleasing patterns.

I read your post. Considered it, and responded I'm a manner that was ... somewhat unique. Guarantee you don't find psychology of naming conventions brought up often here.

As far as the Mr. and Mrs. Shy thing, I'm known as [insert my kids name] Dad or Papa [insert my kids name] to my children's friends. Or Mr. White, but that is because I look Walter White esque with a goatee and in my business casual attire. Parental nicks are a thing.

People do not eschew redundancy if it sounds good.

I'm not sure if your being genuine or a condensing elitist.

I'm not sure if your being genuine or a condensing elitist.

I'm always genuine. At least I try :D

Seriously though, the redundancy thing can be easily explained several different ways, which was my main point.

The sur name thing was just me asking. It's something that is fairly inconsistent in the show. Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Mr. And Mrs. Sparkle is an example of it fitting within what you said, but then you have oddities like the Cakes and the Pies who all have the same last name. Diamond Tiara didn't get her Dad's last name which he inherited himself. It's all sorts of weirdness.

• Brohoof 1

I'm always genuine. At least I try :D

Seriously though, the redundancy thing can be easily explained several different ways, which was my main point.

The sur name thing was just me asking. It's something that is fairly inconsistent in the show. Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Mr. And Mrs. Sparkle is an example of it fitting within what you said, but then you have oddities like the Cakes and the Pies who all have the same last name. Diamond Tiara didn't get her Dad's last name which he inherited himself. It's all sorts of weirdness.

I guess it's also because there names would be to long otherwise. Then I varies on how they refer to themselves. I think Rainbow Dash Dads name is Blazing Dash. Which implies her last name is Dash. But people still refer to her by both names. Then there's Twilight where everyone only uses the first part of her name. There's also people like Rarity who only have one name. Pinkie Pie is sometimes refered by her full name. Even by Muad. Also Maud is rarely called Maud Pie. She is mostly just called Maud. Also sorry for saying you weren't genuine. But I despise internet elitists.

I guess I can see that. Mlp

Mr. and Mrs. Cake don't have actual names either but then this isn't an error as they've been known as Mr. and Mrs. Cake since the show first started. It seems minor married characters aren't given proper names, and I think this needs to be changed so as to give them some dignity.

• Brohoof 1

Mr. and Mrs. Cake don't have actual names either but then this isn't an error as they've been known as Mr. and Mrs. Cake since the show first started. It seems minor married characters aren't given proper names, and I think this needs to be changed so as to give them some dignity.

I actually never thought of that.

He's more like a fart that won't go away.

Oh my God that's so true. Mlp

He is just continuing a trend that started with Lady Redundant Woman on Word Girl

Ok I see what mean. I meant I see what you mean.

Reminds me of "Baloo the bear," as his name means "bear."  Bear the bear.

Soft Breeze Breeze should be his canon name. xD  Yes, it's definitely redundant, but not everyone knows what "zephyr" means.  So shhhhhh: don't let this get around too much.

Yeah I see what you mean.m

Now that mention it, this is kinda funny.

But even if I don't really care much for his character (I don't hate him like some people do, nor is he one of my favorite characters or anything) I do find this somewhat amusing.

• Brohoof 1

Now that mention it, this is kinda funny.

But even if I don't really care much for his character (I don't hate him like some people do, nor is he one of my favorite characters or anything) I do find this somewhat amusing.

Yeah it is hilarious.Mlp