Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn't Luna visit the villains' dreams?

KillerKingBakudan

She spends all of her time at night visiting innocent ponies in their dreams to help them resolve personal issues. But what about the villains? They're full of issues, and she can relate to them on some level because of her experiences as Nightmare Moon. Wouldn't it be beneficial to try and reform Tirek, Chrysalis or Flim and Flam in their dreams so Equestria wouldn't have to take any more of their shit in the real world? Even if they refuse and cop an attitude with her, she could always torment them with nightmarish images until they agree to stop being assholes. That's all it took to get Snowfall Frost to change in A Hearth's Warming Tail, even if it wasn't Luna herself who did it.

I know reforming all the villains isn't something people in the fandom want, but given the narrative, you have to wonder why Luna hasn't already been doing this. She could have reformed Starlight long before the Season 5 premiere.

• Brohoof 3

Does Luna generate the dream or does she simply witness it and guide? I'm not sure generating torment is really part of her makeup. I also guess a case could be made that the individual has to be open to certain suggestions or searching for something from go.

It may not be a good place for Luna to visit especially if the villain was one who showed no signs of wanting to reform. If anything, she would be risking her own life as well as her mental stability if she traversed the mind of a villain. Also, I doubt they would allow her to gain access to their subconscious' willingly so she would need to rely on other means to be allowed to peer into their dreams.

Fillywall protection is too strong.

Anyway, we don’t know what would happen if a dreaming mind would try to, say, remove the interloper, if she can even remotely find such a dream in the first place. If the mind you’re wading wants to hurt you in the real world, who knows what would greet you inside. Luna couldn’t even defeat a dream fart. She doesn’t stand a chance against some “Pyramid Head” or “Beast of Darkness”.

Fillywall protection is too strong.

Anyway, we don’t know what would happen if a dreaming mind would try to, say, remove the interloper, if she can even remotely find such a dream in the first place. If the mind you’re wading wants to hurt you in the real world, who knows what would greet you inside. Luna couldn’t even defeat a dream fart. She doesn’t stand a chance against some “Pyramid Head” or “Beast of Darkness”.

I'm assuming you mean the Tantabus? Because she's the one who powered that thing up until she forgave herself.

I'm assuming you mean the Tantabus? Because she's the one who powered that thing up until she forgave herself.

A person who cannot master their own creation won’t last long in hostile dreams. Tantibus was a very passive nuisance that only brought nightmares. I assume a villain’s mind would take a more aggressive approach against her. You can argue that she’s an alicorn, but everyone is a dungeon master in their own dreams.