Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

I liked Dragonball Z back in my Adult Swim childhood days, and now I'm just watching old Naruto episodes. So, I guess my favorite anime is Dragon Ball Z.

I liked The Last Airbender, and I liked it's sequel, The Legend of Korra, even more! I enjoyed the mysterious concept of bending, and I enjoyed the atmosphere of LoK.

• Brohoof 2

Well, that'd have to be Monster. I haven't finished the full set of episodes yet, but it's probably the most amazing Anime I've ever seen. The characters are unique, have amazing compositions, compel me to no end to keep watching, and just... Uhg.

It's just so good, and despite being a type of anime I usually wouldn't watch, it's quickly stood out even past my bias.

My favorite is fairytail it's a pretty long anime... i think it was 175 episodes.. i'm on 49 now... still loving it....

(the theme song of the anime is awesome btw) xD

I have so many favorites I can't pick only one >.< #Otaku'sfirstworlproblem.

My top ones though would be....(not in any order)

Madoka Magica

Elfen Lied

Claymore

Ghost in the Shell

Hellsing Ultimate (the original sucks horribly)

Rozen Maiden

Clannad

Lucky Star

Black Butler

GUNDAM "freakin" Wing

Higruashi

Garden of Sinners

and atm I am liking Fate/Stay Night a lot.

Edited by Hayzelestia

Well I've watch a very lot (looks at his shelf stacked full of Anime boxsets) of anime so its rely hard for me to chose a fav but since i have to give an answer. It would be a toss up between these  

Full Metal Alchemist

Folly Cooly

Outlaw Star

Durarara!

School Rumble

Cowboy Bebop 

Baccano!

Berserk

Digimon Tamers

Kino's Journey

Trigun

Star Driver

RaXpheon 

Welcome to the NHK

also for any Otaku interested we do have an Anime Club here on the forums that could do with some love and attention.

Edited by Ornstein

I really don't watch much anime. But, my favorite is Ah! My Goddess.  

It's mostly a romance based comedy anime. But; the interesting and complex world it is set is very interesting, and a very big appeal. 

Probably Cowboy Bebop.

It's influence on MLP: FiM fandom projects seems to be prolific already. I would have been surprised if it had been otherwise. smile.png

Friendship Was Magic:

Edited by John Mellenclop
  • Brohoof 2

I think i already posted this like crazy in some other thread, but my two favorite animes are Welcome to The NHK and Outlaw Star. One of which I love because it's simply awesome, the other I love because I think it tells such a unique story and is in many ways simply inspiring.

• Brohoof 1

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Lucky Star

Azumanga Daioh

And Madoka Magica was quite good.

Anjd Nichijou, of course. Though I've only seen one or two episodes of it...

Seriously though it's pretty great.

Oh, and Sket Dance! Loved Sket Dance.

Used to watch a lot of anime a few years ago, but I really just went off it. I've basically given up on Bleach and Naruto, but they used to be my favourites at one point.
As of now, it stands:
1) Death Note
2) Fullmetal Alchemist (including Brotherhood)
3) Ouran High School Host Club
4) D Gray Man
5) Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
6) Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
7) Akira - Not really a series, but a great film

• Brohoof 1

Berserk is my favorite in the genre, from the music to the characters it's fantastic. The story was a bit rushed in the series, and the manga divulges a lot more.

Some anime films I like are Perfect Blue, Cat Soup, Akira, Cowboy Bebop movie, and of course, several Ghibli films. tongue.png

As far as TV series, I like Death Note, Code Geass, Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, XXX Holic, and Pantie and Stocking.

For some reason, that's all I think of at the moment.  huh.png

Hmmm.. if I had to choose then it would be The Legend of Korra. That show is amazing! I also love Avatar: The Last Airbender and Soul Eater.

TLA/Korra aren't animes, they're American cartoons. The creators were just inspired by anime for the shows aesthetics. wink.png

Edited by Hansel

post-6104-0-33281800-1365970607_thumb.jpg

Eight, to be exact. All of which were essentially the same thing. "Anybody else here watch anime?" "Can you recommend some anime?" "I like [insert anime title], what anime do you like?" Now there is one thread to rule them all (with the exception of show-specific or genre-specific threads).

My anime escapades haven't been very unusual. I've seen a lot of the standards such as Dragon Ball, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Trigun, Outlaw Star, FLCL (didn't like it tbh), Durarara, and probably some others that everyone has seen and have slipped my mind. Samurai 7 is possibly my favorite of everything I've watched. It's an interesting but somehow not very strange blend of mecha and feudal themes, with some of the most over-the-top yet not at all cheesy action I've ever seen. It's very touching, too. It's on Netflix, so give it a look for those of you who have it. I don't know of many other people who have watched it, and I really think it deserves more recognition.

As far as movies go, I haven't seen too many movies that weren't based on an anime series. Miyazaki movies are the only exception coming to mind right now. My favorite of those would be Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

Lately I've been watching lots of more anime, and I found some pretty good ones!

I watched Clannad, so obviously I decided to watch Clannad After Story...and I LOVED it! However, this anime will make you very emotional T_T. 

Another good one I found (but not alot of fans and underrated), is Nanaka 6/17. It only has 13 episodes but is very cute and fun! It's about a high school girl who always acts serious and wants to grow up. One day she falls, gets knocked unconscious, and wakes up to get some sort of amnesia where she has the mind of her six year old self. I recommend to watch it!!

I'll be watching more.....but I highly recommend to check out Clannad, Clannad After Story, and Nanaka 6/17. Real good anime!

I've been checking out

the Spring Anime Season for 2013 and

found myself watching  nine of the animes

which i never do they are good!  Hell i even picked

up a harem anime theme which is rare for

me due to hate that branch of anime but

its funny if anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm tbh i think the thread needs a purge tongue.png

but i missed it somehow and will repost what i posted elsewhere (thought it seemed in the wrong place tongue.png  )

with edits to make it fit smile.png

Love all sorts, but sooo many dub voices just sound "phoned in" these days img-1409837-1-sad.png

i'll take the complete re-writes of the 80's dubs with quality voice work over that anyday...

ANYHOOF..the shelf next to me is loaded with older (and a few newer) series i collected while in the Navy and couldn't rely on streaming (then again it barely existed back then...)

even a few good, but rare, ones like Venus Wars, Iczer, Hyper Police, and good ol' Dominion Tank police img-1409837-2-tongue.png

oh and of course Iria.. freaken love that one, and its live action version.. tough to find but sooo good.

basically i'm into the "classics" so to speak... ever since most shows went 90% fan service and 10% broken story i've begun to lose interest. I mean, i like the extra character development, but the point we're watching them doesn't exist anymore....

But do tell of any newer goodies i may be missing out on no less, always looking for new stuff. Even the excess fan service ones can be good sometimes (Like High School DxD, i was really surprised at that one. Somehow demons, chess, and big flashy battles won me over despite the obvious ploy (and one particular attack) they used..)

Edited by GrimCW

Sora no Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property) is one of my favorite series. Totally lewd and funny, with some feelsy romance moments thrown in and a few cool battle sequences. Also, Nymph is too goddam cute!!!

• Brohoof 1