Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does the Mane Six, Spike, and CMCs get paid for what they do?

FlareGun45

Of course there is no confirmation of any of this yet. I just wanna know whatcha think. By the Mane Six getting paid, I mean of course they're getting paid at their different careers such as Rarity gets paid at her Boutique, and Pinkie getting paid at Sugarcube Corner, but do they get payment to cover their expenses when they do their cutie map missions? Same with Spike when he's assisting Twilight, does she pay him for what he does so he can buy more comics or flowers for Rarity? Also the CMCs, since solving cutie mark help seems to be their career, shouldn't they get paid?

I am pretty sure that they don't get paid for their cutie map adventures.

They are kinda more like missionary trips than paid jobs.

Spike is a child so I guess I could see him getting a little bit of an allowance from Twilight.

And for the CMC I don't think they are old enough yet to have an actual job.

I can see them when they are older becoming some kind of Cutie Mark counselors as a profession and getting paid from that.

We know that AJ, Rarity, and Pinkie have income generating jobs. I assume Rainbow gets paid for her role as well as Fluttershy (though Fluttershy's job is a little more elusive). But as far as their mission, I'm not so sure. I would assume the expenses are covered by Royal funds, since the trip to the Griffin's didn't seem to be a simple train ride, and it would have been unfair to make RD and Pinkie foot the bill.

Not sure about the CMC, though Spike likely gets something in the form of an allowance.

I've asked a question similar to this. Honestly we've gotten a very speckled understanding of economics in equestria. :/ 

Is there a gold standard? What represents the bit? 

Where is the bit made? 

We need answers x.x cuz..that deleted scenes in 3 shows us Twilight had bits..so where'd she get them?