Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

April is coming, prepare...

child of the night

Ohh yes... me and another one of my co-workers have been planning this for almost an entire year.

I'm gonna walk up to him and act like he did something that pissed me off and he'll play along. Its gonna get to the point where we look like we're about to start throwing fists, but instead of fists we play rock paper scissors. We're gonna warn our managers so we don't get in trouble, this is a prank against the rest of the crew.  Oh man he better work April 1st.

• Brohoof 2

On April Fools Day I just automatically assume that everyone might be lying to me. If someone says something out of the norm I respond with an "Uh-huh". 

I have never been pranked persay, but it's just common sense to be wary or else you will get taken advantage of. Don't get excited for any news you hear on or within a 3 day radius around April Fools or else your gonna be disappointed when you find out it was all bullshit.

I personally, do not understand how people somehow forget that it is April Fools. That is the only possible way they could be successfully pranked, right?

• Brohoof 2

I live in the Northeastern US and this snow storm we're getting tomorrow sounds like an early April Fool's joke to me.

I don't really do April Fool's jokes, I'm not really a big fan of the holiday.  It is harder to trust people that day though.

Does moving someones car and placing a few random car parts in the parking space count? Yeah that was one thing I did. 

I don't like to do jokes just lying to people. I prefer to make a memory. I haven't done it for years tho. Well, except for the MLPF themed April Fools Days. Those were fun. 

• Brohoof 3

I do have a prank prepared for April Fools.

As all Australians know, last year they released a new series of 5 dollar notes and the older 5 dollar notes are still legal tender.

So I will go out in real life and tell people that the Reserve Bank says that the older 5 dollar notes are no longer spendable and they should take their old notes to the bank to exchange for other banknotes.

This will create lots of laughter from other people.

15 hours ago, child of the night said:

Do you have any April fools jokes planned for the 1st

That's classified information. ;) I have never really done the whole prank thing in the past, but who knows, that could change... :wau:

15 hours ago, child of the night said:

or any suspicions that someone is going to try and pull one on you?

I'm sure someone will. :P I tend to be suspicious of everyone on April 1st.

• Brohoof 1

I forgot about april fools until i read the title of this thread. That should be a testament to how i don't pay attention to these sort of things and makes me a good target for someone looking to pull a fast one.

An interesting april fools joke would be Jim Cramer tells everyone in the United States that the U.S. stock market is going to crash hard and then pull up fake "live" charts of the DOW Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 dropping off a cliff. Despite that being illegal as all hell i wonder how many fools would fall for it and panic sell given the fickle nature of most investors.

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 1

I ain't worried about April Fools day. Just take a day off from some of the websites I use, and remember that this year it's on a Saturday, and there's no class on April Fools day this year.

16 hours ago, child of the night said:

any suspicions that someone is going to try and pull one on you?

Yes, absolutely - I'm such a naive thing that it's easily to make me believe something. :please: I'm quite glad that it's on a Saturday so no one can publicly (schools are public spaces right?) make me the fool.
Maybe I should quickly plan something for tomorrow, if anything comes to mind!

It's not even April yet? Going by the weather we've been having as of late, I would have assumed we're well past that month. Darn it. I don't even care about April Fool's Day. I just want it to be November again so we can have another try at having a break from the heat.

Now is the time I'm happy I don't have siblings...especially younger ones...once they learn about April Fools...then you'll be in for some good ones...

I'm not really worried, but I know some of my favorite dA artists and YouTubers may pull some things...

Some friends and I have a very realistic looking newspaper page with an article about Trump declaring war on Mexico with a picture of tanks and everything. We still haven't figured out exactly how we'll use it, but we're probably going to find a good place to leave it lying around where someone we know will see it. It should spark a conversation and the rest of us will act like we've read the article and discuss it seriously.

If any of us hear about it in school Monday then we win.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Envy said:

Going by the weather we've been having as of late, I would have assumed we're well past that month. Darn it.

If this means that it's already warm there, that sounds so weird to me! The weather here is so different, since it's snowing here today. :lol: At least one can enjoy the lack of excessive heat around here.

As for the April Fool's Day, nothing much has happened yet. Although my friends didn't quite believe me when I sent a message to the group chat saying that my leg somehow broke while I was sleeping. It was just that lame of a try! I'm too lazy to come up with better ones.

3 hours ago, Jaspers said:

If this means that it's already warm there, that sounds so weird to me! The weather here is so different, since it's snowing here today. :lol: At least one can enjoy the lack of excessive heat around here.

Not only is it "already" warm, but the warmth never really left, except for maybe in early to mid December. Once Christmas hit it was back in the 70s.

I'd love to go live somewhere that has four seasons again. I don't like hating and dreading Spring like I do right now. But I just can't help it when the nice weather happens during winter, and "Spring" just means severe thunderstorms, bugs, and hot humid weather.

• 2 years later...

Nope. I'll just change my profile picture to something weird and do unusually dumb stuff in online games. I have a ridiculous He Man-themed Unimog on Forza Horizon 4 that I like to use for Forzathon events. Maybe I'll drive that around a bunch.

• Brohoof 1

I will probably do something dumb. The sort of dumb that makes people laugh, but not the sort of dumb that gets me banned.