mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

My girlfriend typed up a massive paper on this subject for her BA in Psychology that does an excellent job of explaining how sexuality is inborn through a combination of prenatal genetic and hormonal influences. I'll see if I still have it saved on her laptop later tonight. It's pretty informative.

So it's possible to artificially make someone gay? so what exactly are the genetic factor that determines the baby's sexual orientation?

I used to be straight but I just don't think of any sexual thoughts now possibly due to prolonged hazardous environment.I don't really care what orientation people choose/were born with coz I believe that people should have the right to live the way they want to without being harassed by fundamentalists.

Edited by khaine21x3

I'm heterosexual, yes. I find women attractive, but the thing is, in my neighborhood, I don't see anyone in that way. I'm not saying they're not attractive, but I just don't know.

uHRXwd7.jpg?2
"I know you got problems... Hell, we all do. But you gotta understand that there ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on, till we get to the end of the line."

-Barret Wallace

EDIT.

Correction, I am not Asexual... I just dont really find anything sexual I dont really know what that would be called.

But to sum it all up... I just don't really find anything all that sexual.

So I guess i'm just unsure...

Hmmm. Perhaps you maybe a Pansexual? If you don't see anything " physical " attracting you may just like people based on who they are and not what they are. But I may be wrong.

• Brohoof 1

So it's possible to artificially make someone gay? so what exactly are the genetic factor that determines the baby's sexual orientation?

I used to be straight but I just don't think of any sexual thoughts now possibly due to prolonged hazardous environment.I don't really care what orientation people choose/were born with coz I believe that people should have the right to live the way they want to without being harassed by fundamentalists.

I can't say I know anything about the genetics side of the debate, but by hormonal influences, I don't necessarily think it refers to being able to make someone that way. The person would definitely need prolongued exposure. For example, in a Human Sexuality class while I was at a different college, the instructor had used the example of a women's sport. His example was that there are a lot of females at that college who have a sports related scholarship for basketball. Due to the long hours of practice and games, as well as the exposure in the locker rooms, many of them have actually been in lesbian relationships. However, a good question to ask, is did that influence their sexuality? Or is it their sexuality that influenced them to be involved in such a sport where they would be in close proximity with other women? And if it is the 2nd question, then is it more genetics rather than hormones?

Hmmm. Perhaps you maybe a Pansexual? If you don't see anything " physical " attracting you may just like people based on who they are and not what they are. But I may be wrong.

I was just researching different sexuality's and that was kinda the one that matches me the most.

I dont really care what gender someone is or what they think about sex I just kinda like people for who they are.

• Brohoof 1

Something something something something

Ask me stuff...and all my OC's

Heterosexual, but I don't want to be in some sort a relationship at this age, though.

14 year old girls aren't exactly willing to have any deeper connection other than texting, "ILY BBY!<3"

But yeah, heterosexual nonetheless. You pansexuals interest me, though, how would you ever choose a partner when the whole general population is an viable option! Hahaha.

Don't Punch!

Stab.

I'm personally straight myself, but when I really think about I think the actual word i am looking for is demisexual. I'm interested in girls just in my natural way, but I don't really feel any kind of physical attraction unless I get some kind of emotional or romantic connection with the other person. I just don't really get that sort of feeling otherwise.

(Simple answer would be heterosexual, though, I guess)

• Brohoof 2

I'm personally straight myself, but when I really think about I think the actual word i am looking for is demisexual. I'm interested in girls just in my natural way, but I don't really feel any kind of physical attraction unless I get some kind of emotional or romantic connection with the other person. I just don't really get that sort of feeling otherwise.

(Simple answer would be heterosexual, though, I guess)

I feel the same way as you, however, I look at it from a Pansexual viewpoint as well because I'm completely fine falling in love with males or females based on their personality and how close me and someone else is.

Edited by NostalgicPony

By my understanding, pansexual means attraction to people who fall outside the gender binary in one way or another. I suppose that makes me pansexual as I would consider a romantic relationship with, say, a transexual but until this has practical significance to me I'm going to consider myself bisexual. Besides, people who identify as pansexual tend to be labeled "pretentious".

So I always considered myself heterosexual. Then, the more I thought about it, and some stuff, and friends and all that fun hormone stuff, I thought I was bi. But then...

Posted Image Or something

And here I am. If we're close enough, and you wana bang, we'll bang. Simple as that.

Definitely not a man-whore. That's implying making money off it.

So asexual, but down for it.

I'm straight. I have some very kinky tastes, but I am not attracted to men in the slightest (although I have kissed a few).

I like women, and due to my rather . . . voracious appetites, love to do very bad things with them.

Avatar of OC by the lovely Skullgal56

All of you pansexuals and bisexuals are lucky you know why?

On Saturday night you have double the chance of finding a date!

Bahahahahaha! :P

• Brohoof 5

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
― Christopher Hitchens

I'm heterosexual, but I think I'm far too wracked with neuroses to actually become romantically attached to anyone. I'm rather prone to avoid being social, even though when I am in social situations, I seem to do perfectly well, even being some what a comedian. I'm comfortable having female friends, I just find the idea of anyone being attracted to me viscerally impossible, even though logically I'm aware that it is quite possible.

Edited by Cthulhu

I'm heterosexual, but sadly I'm more involved in intellectual pursuits than I am with the opposite sex!

Dating women always makes me feel like Luna. "We are not aware of these dating rituals!" ^_^

I actually attest to this as i'm the same way myself. I really don't know much when it comes to relationships and seem to focus more on my job, hobbies or researching for my upcoming courses.

Gotten to the conclusion that I am bisexual, since I have realized I am attracted to girls but still not un-attracted to boys.

eb54lv.png

Signature made by me, screenshot as base

All of you pansexuals and bisexuals are lucky you know why?

On Saturday night you have double the chance of finding a date!

Bahahahahaha! :P

It's actually statistically proven that over two times as many people identity as bi/pansexual than gay people, or at least fall under the category in some way. Ironically, some still have wondered if "men can be bi." v.v

As for me, I've said that I no longer identify under sexual labels, but due to me being more social than ever since leaving home entering uni, I call myself pansexual because it lets people understand me better than me playing head games with them. Also, it seems like the only limits I have sexually are age. Biological sex and gender really doesn't matter to me, as long as you aren't a hermaphrodite (though, I admittedly feel bad saying that, because there are people with both types of genitals out there).

Leaving my home, I was actually meaning to get in relations with gay/bi men and possibly enter a relationship with one, partly because I'm surrounded by them at the moment, but I met a bi girl who has a lot in common with me, so I dunno. :P

Edited by This Day Aria

KJsASxe.gif

Mine is not on the list, so I will just say it. I am transgendered. For those who don't know it is basically Male to female/female to male transition.

(and yes it is a sexuality/sexual orientation)

From all the connections I've had with the transgendered community, I thought gender identity and sexual identity were generally considered separate. Gender deals with how you look, act, and dress; and sexuality deals with whom you are attracted to.

Either way, I hope you become more comfortable in your body.

KJsASxe.gif

From all the connections I've had with the transgendered community, I thought gender identity and sexual identity were generally considered separate. Gender deals with how you look, act, and dress; and sexuality deals with whom you are attracted to.

Either way, I hope you become more comfortable in your body.

No, transgender/sexual is defined by both sexual identity and sexuality. They work together in the process of that, just as it does for anyone else weather they are trans or not.

Edited by Hayzelestia

fzv1.jpg