Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone hate April Fools Day?

ManaMinori

No one takes anthing seriously, and I'm here sufferring, getting joke topics cloggig legit pny forums, or false comic updates on tapastic, etc. Guys, there's 364 other days to be dinguses. AFD is a stupid holiday and crap pulled on that day isn't funny. 

How do you guys feel about This crock of a holiday?

I am fortunate to never have taken a part in any type of April Fool's Day tomfoolery. 

• Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

I think that it's nice to have a designated shitposting day. Once a year to help get it out of peoples systems.

Such language, young man. You really ought to think back to your finishing school days. 

• Brohoof 5

I quite enjoy the deception surrounding the day. I don't know why, but I get a little ... heh heh ... rush, okay.

I think its the best day to say serious things.... people tend to be self confirmed, and believe they are above consequences or the worlds understanding... April Fools is a fun day, let people have their fun... its all the same for all of us ultimately... it always will be... everyone will be a schreeching flesh pile of agony, unless you are a subservient whelp, which ultimately is not a product of choice rather common sense. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, depends on how people act. I've found there's a few types:

Oblivious - Has no idea its AFD and doesn't act any different.

Normal Person - Plays one sensible joke on you (Hey, your shoe's untied. Hah, April Fools. See you around.) then leaves you alone.

Overboard - Plays jokes on you nonstop (Hey, your shoe's untied. *pause* There's something on your face. *pause* What's that in the yard?) or plays a cruel joke on you (Did your coke explode in your face? It did? You're welcome.).

Gullible - Falls for every single trick you play on them. Really fun to play jokes on, but don't go overboard.

Lieslieslies - Doesn't believe a word you say. (DUDE! I JUST GOT A 10 KILLSTREAK! Yes, I did. No, I'm serious. Look, here's a screenshot. How could I have photoshopped it? I can't use magic. You know what? Never mind.)

I can't deal with Overboard, or Lieslieslies. Usually I run into more Normal People though so I'm okay with AFD.

• Brohoof 1

I am simply indifferent on the holiday. While I personally don't participate in the hijinks, if others are having fun with it, I have no reason to go against that. Just let people have their fun, that's all it is really, harmless fun.

• Brohoof 3

14 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I am simply indifferent on the holiday. While I personally don't participate in the hijinks, if others are having fun with it, I have no reason to go against that. Just let people have their fun, that's all it is really, harmless fun.

And this Kyo, is the sensible response to shenanigans. /)

• Brohoof 1

Not only is it a fun day, but it also happens to be my anniversary.

This year makes thirteen years I've been with my Baby.

• Brohoof 5

Well, I do really hate April itself. But as for April 1st? Meh. I hardly saw any pranks pulled today.

In fact, perhaps it's for the best. If people could start applying the skepticism they have toward news articles on April 1st, to every single day, perhaps we'd live in a better place.

• Brohoof 1

I never posted my actual opinion earlier, but now I'm at home!

I LOVE April Fools Day! I think it's fun! I never understood people that get so MAD about harmless shenanigans.

• Brohoof 2

I just kinda started despising it now that I got my hopes up for something but found out I was pranked...sort of?

I just kinda don't like being pranked. I dislike getting my hopes up then being let down in the name of a joke. I feel like if you're going to pull a prank, keep it simple. Don't make it some big thing. That's when it can begin to get hurtful.

• Brohoof 2

I don't care for it. 

2 minutes ago, ChowniniFries said:

I just kinda started despising it now that I got my hopes up for something but found out I was pranked...sort of?

I just kinda don't like being pranked. I dislike getting my hopes up then being let down in the name of a joke. I feel like if you're going to pull a prank, keep it simple. Don't make it some big thing. That's when it can begin to get hurtful.

You forgot the number one rule. Don't click on any big news links on April 1st.

I hate it because my sister tends to go crazy with. Sometimes it's harmless like putting food coloring in our milk, others involved removing toilet paper from the bathroom without us knowing. That's not funny, that's just cruel 

• Brohoof 2

I really like April Fools day. I hope to create a perfectly unpredictable and very funny prank on someone on AF in the future. I haven't yet, but I prank other all throughout the year. So everyone really keeps an eye on me on this day, waiting. They know I'm just sitting back with an innocent smile, contemplating the perfect attack on the perfect time for the perfect person. I need the 3 perfect Ts: Tactic, Time, Target. Once I have these... :sneer:

:squee: But I don't prank just anyone. Only those I love. So if you have been pranked by me, then you are dear to me.