Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Into Darkness: A RWBY RP

Drago Ryder

Said dragon faunus turned to glance at Calbian and gave a light nod. “I didn’t say I’d forgive her. If anything, this was more or less closure. What they do from here is up to them.” It had been a long time since Draco had been this guarded with his emotions, but things can change.

Yuki’s own conversation with Ghalan hadn’t exactly done anything to help his situation. If anything, it simply made him think about his opinion of the fox faunus. Out of his original teammates, he felt he was closer to her than either of them. That may have been because he had spent so much time with her training, resulting in the exponential growth of the bond between them, but he was afraid of what might happen should they actually go further. Huntsmen and Huntresses weren’t exactly the best people when it came to relationships, but that may have been his own bias speaking.

After getting on the bullhead at Beacon, it only took a few minutes for Team ESER to arrive at Vale. Rei, at the very least, was surprised to see  the members of what may as been their sister team already waiting for them. “Are we interrupting something?”

@rolle@Drago Ryder@silvermoon15000 @Acnologia@Skylord Nexus

Ghalan let out another hollow chuckle as he looked at Yuki then to Rei "No you're right on time," Ghalan stated motioning to another bullhead. "We're going to a place where there are two sides and you'll know they truth," Ghalan stated as he walked with his team and the other to the bullhead. He smirked at his team and the others. "My attitude is only soured Calbian because Draco's mother rubs me the wrong way," he stated simply as he sat into the bullhead.

2 hours ago, Drago Ryder said:

Said dragon faunus turned to glance at Calbian and gave a light nod. “I didn’t say I’d forgive her. If anything, this was more or less closure. What they do from here is up to them.” It had been a long time since Draco had been this guarded with his emotions, but things can change.

Yuki’s own conversation with Ghalan hadn’t exactly done anything to help his situation. If anything, it simply made him think about his opinion of the fox faunus. Out of his original teammates, he felt he was closer to her than either of them. That may have been because he had spent so much time with her training, resulting in the exponential growth of the bond between them, but he was afraid of what might happen should they actually go further. Huntsmen and Huntresses weren’t exactly the best people when it came to relationships, but that may have been his own bias speaking.

After getting on the bullhead at Beacon, it only took a few minutes for Team ESER to arrive at Vale. Rei, at the very least, was surprised to see  the members of what may as been their sister team already waiting for them. “Are we interrupting something?”

2 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Ghalan let out another hollow chuckle as he looked at Yuki then to Rei "No you're right on time," Ghalan stated motioning to another bullhead. "We're going to a place where there are two sides and you'll know they truth," Ghalan stated as he walked with his team and the other to the bullhead. He smirked at his team and the others. "My attitude is only soured Calbian because Draco's mother rubs me the wrong way," he stated simply as he sat into the bullhead.

Euca overheard Ghalan's comment about Draco's mother,

'Thats how I feel about Etherius' family,' he thought to himself

Shian wondered where they would be going, that's all he could do at the moment.

Yuki simply sighed as she watched the members of team eser arrive. It would’ve been rude to involve them in their drama, so she simply pushed whatever troubles recent events might’ve caused to the back of her mind. The fox faunus then boarded the bull head that would take them to their true destination and glanced at Draco. “That is probably the best way to handle people like them, but know that you have people to talk to.”

Etherius noticed that they probably had also had an unpleasant talk, but, it was nothing he could say about it. He looked at Ghalan half-amused and half-serious, however, it didn't display on his face. He decided to go into the bullhead and as he sat down he felt his hand twitch slightly again.

(edited)

Draco gave a slight nod at Yuki’s words, and a light smile spread across his lips. “Thank you. That means a lot to me.” The dragon faunus then sat next to said fox faunus and closed his eyes, tired from the meeting that had occured a almost half an hour prior.

“What exactly did I miss?” That was exactly what Rei was thinking as she looked between the members of team DARC and was taken aback by a few things. First, they hd a new team member. That must’ve happened very recently if the fact that he wasn’t there this morning was anything to go off of. That paled in comparison to the second thing, however. As far as she knew, Draco had never been that open with his emotions, at least not the positive ones, and here he was practically giving his heart to one of his teammates. Either way, it was clear that he trusted Yuki, and if anyone wanted to screw that relationship up, she had ways of making them disappear. Deciding it’d be best to not point out the obvious, she simply got on the bullhead and sat down.

Edited by Drago Ryder

After making sure everyone was on the bullhead. Ghalan walked into the bullhead as he gave the coordinates to the pilot. He sat down as he pulled out his blade. He then began to sharpen it to a razor's egg. He eyed Yuki then Draco then rolled his eyes. Calbian though had potential to be apart of the new rangers...Now that he thought about it that name was almost like something out of mistral. Dúnedain sounded better to him in his head. Some where he had read it as men of the west... Maybe cousins of the Rangers of the Black Gate? He sighed as he looked the two teams. Confusion on their eyes. Yet Euca seemed out of it..."Come speak your mind Euca what has you seem so distracted?" Ghalan asked simply looking at Euca.

@dragon4111 @Drago Ryder @Acnologia @rolle @silvermoon15000

Calbian looked at Ghalan with a doubtful stare "I'm sure it does have an effect, an amount i'm sure is about equal to the amount of emotions I show." It was then that it became very apparent that though Calbian was trying to be sassy and/or funny he was really bad at it. As team ESER arrived Calbian let out a long and very loud sigh "I did not sign up for this, three's bad enough, but now I need to get on with four other people, please kill me now." Calbian then entered the bullhead but stayed as far away from everyone as possible, staring intently into his book.

Yuki watched the others as they comversed and simply smiled. They had come a long way from the students that were launched into the Beacon forest. The fox faunus then glanced at Rei, making a mental note to talk about some things with her later. 

When Calbian made his complaint known, she she simply shook her head. “They aren’t exactly members of our team, but they can be trusted.”

Euca and Shian both sat on the bullhead, Euca grabbed Rei's hand while Shian sharpened his blades. Euca, was still a little tense and kept silent, his mind elsewhere. 

On 2/6/2018 at 2:29 AM, dragon4111 said:

After making sure everyone was on the bullhead. Ghalan walked into the bullhead as he gave the coordinates to the pilot. He sat down as he pulled out his blade. He then began to sharpen it to a razor's egg. He eyed Yuki then Draco then rolled his eyes. Calbian though had potential to be apart of the new rangers...Now that he thought about it that name was almost like something out of mistral. Dúnedain sounded better to him in his head. Some where he had read it as men of the west... Maybe cousins of the Rangers of the Black Gate? He sighed as he looked the two teams. Confusion on their eyes. Yet Euca seemed out of it..."Come speak your mind Euca what has you seem so distracted?" Ghalan asked simply looking at Euca.

On 2/3/2018 at 5:54 PM, Drago Ryder said:

Draco gave a slight nod at Yuki’s words, and a light smile spread across his lips. “Thank you. That means a lot to me.” The dragon faunus then sat next to said fox faunus and closed his eyes, tired from the meeting that had occured a almost half an hour prior.

“What exactly did I miss?” That was exactly what Rei was thinking as she looked between the members of team DARC and was taken aback by a few things. First, they hd a new team member. That must’ve happened very recently if the fact that he wasn’t there this morning was anything to go off of. That paled in comparison to the second thing, however. As far as she knew, Draco had never been that open with his emotions, at least not the positive ones, and here he was practically giving his heart to one of his teammates. Either way, it was clear that he trusted Yuki, and if anyone wanted to screw that relationship up, she had ways of making them disappear. Deciding it’d be best to not point out the obvious, she simply got on the bullhead and sat down.

With everyone onboard the bullhead and the destination set, the engines came to life as wind was sucked into the turbine engines. The aircraft launched into the air a few moments later, and a quick change in the orientaion of the engines sent it forward. The city below rushed by and was soon replaced by a sprawling field. Dark clouds could also be seen on the horizion.

Rei watched the others and gave a slight smile towards Euca. She would support him no matter what, that much was obvious. Her curiosity eventually got the better of her, and she eventually turned her head towards the members of Team DARC. “I’m just going to assume that no one knows about where we’re going, so I’m not going to ask how much trouble we’ll be in. I think it’d be best if we actually knew our destination, though.”

16 minutes ago, Drago Ryder said:

With everyone onboard the bullhead and the destination set, the engines came to life as wind was sucked into the turbine engines. The aircraft launched into the air a few moments later, and a quick change in the orientaion of the engines sent it forward. The city below rushed by and was soon replaced by a sprawling field. Dark clouds could also be seen on the horizion.

Rei watched the others and gave a slight smile towards Euca. She would support him no matter what, that much was obvious. Her curiosity eventually got the better of her, and she eventually turned her head towards the members of Team DARC. “I’m just going to assume that no one knows about where we’re going, so I’m not going to ask how much trouble we’ll be in. I think it’d be best if we actually knew our destination, though.”

Shian nodded,

"Yeah I don't exactly feel safe not knowing any information on where we are going and what we are doing," he said looking at the rival team with concern.

Euca on the other hand didn't care as long as he could help.

Edited by silvermoon15000

Ghalan looked at Rei and said "You'll see," he stood up to see the coordinates and they were on route. He motioned to the pilot to go faster he wanted this whole thing to be over with. That witch had pissed him off. He heard Calbian and stated "Quit your whining," he looked to the rest of the teams. "Once we get to our destination We will be returning to Beacon on our own no bullhead just our wits and relying on each-other for survival," Ghalan stated simply as he turned back to the pilot.

It would taken then afew hours in the bullhead to get to their destination but once there he would motion to the people inside to see their destination "The Black Gate," he stated grimly as he motioned for the pilot to land before the gate not on top of it. He looked to those with him.

468px-Mordor_Intro.jpg

Edited by dragon4111

Yuki’s eyed the structure outside the window and was somewhat impressed that something like it could even be built. Despite her initial curiosity, something seemed off about it, like all of the evil within the world would be unleashed should it fall. “And I thought Draco was a slave driver. The trek home will take us a few days at least.” The thought didn’t exactly help to calm her.

The snake faunus of the group raised a brow as she looked at the structure. It wasn’t exactly anything impressive to say the least. Granted, she wasn’t exactly from Vale, so she had very little information to go off of. “If you don’t mind me asking, what’s so important about this place?”

Edited by Drago Ryder

On 2/16/2018 at 11:44 PM, Drago Ryder said:

The snake faunus of the group raised a brow as she looked at the structure. It wasn’t exactly anything impressive to say the least. Granted, she wasn’t exactly from Vale, so she had very little information to go off of. “If you don’t mind me asking, what’s so important about this place?”

On 2/14/2018 at 4:34 AM, dragon4111 said:

Ghalan looked at Rei and said "You'll see," he stood up to see the coordinates and they were on route. He motioned to the pilot to go faster he wanted this whole thing to be over with. That witch had pissed him off. He heard Calbian and stated "Quit your whining," he looked to the rest of the teams. "Once we get to our destination We will be returning to Beacon on our own no bullhead just our wits and relying on each-other for survival," Ghalan stated simply as he turned back to the pilot.

It would taken then afew hours in the bullhead to get to their destination but once there he would motion to the people inside to see their destination "The Black Gate," he stated grimly as he motioned for the pilot to land before the gate not on top of it. He looked to those with him.

468px-Mordor_Intro.jpg

Euca and Shian both shivered at the sight of the place, it looked like a Grimm home lands as if they were civilized, Euca was especially wary of the negativity this place radiated.

Calbian looked down at the large structure taking note of anything worth noting "Seems old, ominous, and likely deadly." The human the turned to Ghalan "So, if I may ask, what's the point of this exercise exactly, I would like to know what I'm getting into before hand, I feel there's more to this then just 'make it back on foot'."

Etherius looked at the structure and had a small look of disappointment, inside he felt a hint of sorrow towards the building. He then sighed inwardly and perked his ears when Calbian had asked what the point of them being here, which is what he wondered too at this point. If they're at such an old building, built presumably for something larger than any of them. Why would they send some trainees to it?

-------

Meanwhile... Back in Vale, in the Vale branch of the Malvaleine family's business, Leumentra sat on a small throne-like chair. She heard the familiar metallic clang of the secret door opening and looked casually in its direction. The people that had been sent with her all came in and kneeled respectfully "Elder, we have confirmed that all of the previous fortifications are fully operational with minor damage." one of them said casually, one of the stronger looking ones looked up at Leumentra and calmly added "However, some of them have been visited. Most likely it was Ozpin, we fear he knows more than he lets on." at this point, Leumentra chuckled "I already know. I just hope our plans haven't been meddled with. Did you check the secret storages?" The same person as before nodded and Leumentra gave a smile of acknowledgment 'Young master, I hope you understand you're fighting against someone even your mother doesn't dare offend.' she thought calmly, albeit she had a hint of worry hidden in her heart.

“Attention passengers, we are now making our descent. We here at Air Vale wish you safe travels to all of your desitnations, no matter the risk. You kids are the next generation of huntsman, and we thank you for your service.” The pilot’s voice held a somewhat humerous tone, but that was just to ease the mood.  The bullhead then descended to the ground and landed gently on the field of tall grass at the foot of the structure

Draco groaned as he woke and tried to soothe a mild headache. Having said that, he did get some of the best sleep he experianced in years, so it wasn’t all bad. A quick look out the window told him where he was, and the dragon faunus was somewhat displeased. “There had better have a good explanation for why we’re on the fringes of civilization.”

"you wanted answers and I said I'll provide them," Ghalan stated as he walked out of the bullhead. "Come now," Ghalan stated with a sigh to himself as he saw the large amount of unmarked graves  that lined the vale side of the walk. He hardened his features and waited for the two teams to get off the bullhead. And as soon as they were off he walked to the great structure as opened up a secret passage. He began to speak "Long time ago my ancestors heard stories of an old man and the maidens. Each corresponding to the seasons, it's a common fairy tale but it is true. Of course the Rangers of the black gate suspect that Professor Ozpin is older than he looks. Anyhow I'm rambling sorry. But we do not know where the other maidens are. We lost track of the fall maiden. We had an inkling where the winter maiden was but then no more contact.  the other two I have no idea what became of them. And now comes down to us our histories are intertwined ah yes our true enemy,"he explained as he used his semblance, he lit up a torch as he looked at the two teams "You coming?" Ghalan asked as he waited.

"Our true enemies name is Salem a dark queen who commands the grimm. How does she do it? We have theories but no solid proof because her realm moves from place to place," Ghalan stated simply as he looked at the two teams. "Now then as I said before our histories are intertwined Lady Yuki," he pointed to the crest on his father's armor. "My ancestors the Dúnedain swore to protect the maidens from those who wished to cause them harm or manipulate them. But ages began to pass each sector of the Dúnedain spit. One sector became wanderers forgetting their oaths then disbanding into Vale but then came the Mountain Glenn massacre. Then the other sector became the Rangers building this structure in secret never forgetting our oath we are born and trained. Years again went by as our miners found Mithrandier but the only mine which is close by is now dried up, which your weapons and armor are made of Yuki and Draco. We of those who show promise at a different skill set than fighting are apprenticed to someone but kept in contact with our birth family. each of us had a choice. Become a ranger or go to the nearby village of faunus and human alike and learn a trade. My father was leader and blacksmith which he taught to me from a young age," Ghalan explained as they walked through the wall. Ghalan was trying to find something. He knew what it was. "I've made many mistakes in forging weapons," Ghalan stated with a blush. "But I've improved but never did perfect the art like my father did," he shook his head.

Yuki was hinestlya bit caught off guard by the information that Ghalan had revealed to her, and the fact that he was connected to the maidens in some way only compunded on that headache. The fox faunus was also surprised that he would reveal such information to team ESER, but that was beside the point. Right now, she had to deal with things as they came. “When I recieved the winter maiden’s power, her memories came with them. I don’t exactly know where she was at the time of her death, but Ozpin is a very likely canidate for creating the four.

Yuki then raised her haid and using the powers of the season she now embodied, created a crystal of ice out of moisture within the air, It wasn’t exactly perfect, but she had come a long way, This would also serve to prove the validity of the words that she, Draco, and Ghalan would most likely speak. Turning to the others, her ears folded against her hair. “We didn’t exactly want this information to spread, so it was kept a secret to anyone outside of the team and the higher ups at Beacon academy, assuming that they didn’t tell anyone else.”

Shian paid close attention to what Ghalan was saying, his hands close to his weapons and his ears perked, wary of his surroundings.

Euca kind of looked around and stayed close to Rei, he would do anything to keep her alive even if it meant the cost of his own, this was the same with everyone else, but Rei was the one he wanted to spend time with the most.

Shian and Euca followed Ghalan.

(edited)

“So, we’re basically dealing with gods, then. Honestly, this is starting to sound like a comic book storyline here.” Rei was pretty much going to fcus more on the information on Salem and the maidens rather than Ghalan’s family history. It was somewhat important, but not nearly as concerning. “I mean, why would you even keep all of this to yourselves? If the people learn about this, it could be a breakthrough we need to stop the grimm.

If it weren’t for the fact that Draco already knew about Yuki’s powers, he probably would’ve been rather displaeased that they had kept so,ething like this from him. He simply listened as Ghalan spoke and watched Yuki form a frozen crystal with smile on his lips. The fox faunus had certainly come far from the girl he had met when they first arrived.  “So, there might have actually been some truth to my mother’s words. It still doesn’t change anything.” With that thought in mind, the dragon faunus figured that now would be a good time to speak. “If ANY of this information were to be leaked to the public, one could only imagine the hysteria that it would cause. Not only would the average civie learn that the grimm are technically sentient, but that there are four individuals who might as well be considered her equal should they be brought together. The latter alone would put a bounty on Yuki’s head.” Draco's voice became colder as he spoke, even if he didn't notice it.

The dragon faunus then turned to address Ghalan as he ran his claws along the wall. “Histories may be intertwined, but there will also be some disconnect. Yuki is not the previous winter maiden. She is her own person. You may want to remember that."

Edited by Drago Ryder

Calbian just stood there and took in all the information, feeling kind of uncomfortable, in the past day he'd been involved the personal disputes of people he barely knew  and had heard information which he had no right to know. The teen out a long sigh at the end of it all "Honestly I don't really care for a lot of this, but I do agree with Draco on one point: Yuki's her own person, I honestly couldn't care whether she was a God or a faunas or even a bloody grimm for all I care, what she is, is up to her... Anyway, aside from the 'lovely' history lesson, what other reason do you have from brining us here Ghalan, if we could have gone anywhere for your little survival course, but it seems we are currently in one of the most dangerous places in the world, because there's a difference between training and suicide and personally I at least want to know what's out there."

Etherius narrowed his eyes when maidens were mentioned, he felt as if his body ached unconsciously as if it was something he knew, and at the same time, it sounded too surreal. He felt a hint of disdain within his heart towards this information. Even after Yuki demonstrated her Winter Maiden powers. It wasn't the fact that he was left in the unknown, it was something else... Something innate, something that had been hammered into his bones while he was young. He couldn't remember, was he even ever taught such a thing? He also had no idea whatever story they were talking about either, but, he did remember that there were some bounties that nobody ever took. Even if the reward was equal to the yearly income their cafés produced. He assumed these past maidens might be those if they're so terrifying. He sighed and looked calmly at Draco, intending to alleviate his current state of mind "I'm not sure if my words are of any help. But, her not having a bounty is a little bit too late. All huntsmen have one. Very few people actively choose to do them though. Especially to students, the pay is horrendous."