Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mlp Movie Trailer Out!

Moved to Elsewhere

I would hardly call this a trailer. It's a teaser. Trailers show scenes from the movie. This, being a teaser, did not. 

Anyway. That new art style. Man. Still getting used to it. It's...Weird. 

14 hours ago, Sly said:

Gotta say thought, now with that problems off the mind, I must admit the animation is neat. I just hope we're gonna get a proper more clear trailer soon anyway. 

1405590__safe_screencap_rainbow+dash_my+

Althought I gotta say... this is kinda funny for the wrong reason (I mean the fact that Rd looks like someone who hasn't slept for weeks when it's just bad rendering) XD

Methinks it's time she lay off the caffeine. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Jangocoolguy said:

Was that Firefly, or just a pink pegasus with a blue mane & tail? :confused::huh::unsure::wau:

It wasn't Firefly. I thought that too at first, but then I realized the mane and tale are the wrong shade of blue, and upon a closer look, I noticed this pegasus had a crescent moon cutie mark (Firefly's is a couple lightning bolts).

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's very happy for whoever went to "Thailand pony convention 2017"... they see top secret video that show some part of mlp movie. I have been there too and I think it worth your ticket to watch mlp movie.

Something from what I see in that video but I cannot remember them all because I'm too excite about it too.

Spoiler

->> new pony, her mane almost covered all her face

->> SEA PONY !, and sea pony princess. some scene that show Twilight is in sea pony form under water.

->> new dog character (not a diamond dog)

->> pirate griffon ( i'm not sure if it's griffon)

->> almost forgot about new villian (forgot his name :P )

I will refer to everybody who went to this convention for what I said. You can ask them to get better explanation of top secret video than me :P 

Edited by tam007
some grammar mistakes

In retrospect, I think the new style exhibited in the teaser trailer is a bit too "girly" for my liking. It has that glittery, oversaturated aesthetic which was prominent in Generation 3 of MLP

1491675789607.png

6 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

In retrospect, I think the new style exhibited in the teaser trailer is a bit too "girly" for my liking. It has that glittery, oversaturated aesthetic which was prominent in Generation 3 of MLP

1491675789607.png

I like G3's animation. And this is a girly cartoon.

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Leave a Whisper said:

I like G3's animation. And this is a girly cartoon.

I enjoy G3, but the animation/ color palette makes my eyes bleed Q.Q

And yes, FiM is a "girly" cartoon, but not nearly as "girly" as G3. G3 is like Barbie on crack cocaine.

Edited by K.Rool Addict

I did like the fact they were "updating" the look with shading on the ponies sorta how Simpsons did flat coloring for years and then started using simple shading to give the characters more dimension.

I also noticed the voices wernt EXACTLY spot on the lip syncing but I suppose for a teaser its not as necessary. I just have a small problem with it like all networks that just reuse show clips with new lines to advertise the show between commercials. I know its cheap but still looks lazy when I can notice it immediately.

1 hour ago, K.Rool Addict said:

I enjoy G3, but the animation/ color palette makes my eyes bleed Q.Q

Yeah I noticed the colors were INCREDIBLY saturated and at times hurt to watch. I can only hope they dial it back for the movie or we'll get this

my_little_pony_oc___honey_rose_by_thedss

On 4/8/2017 at 1:24 PM, K.Rool Addict said:

1491675789607.png

Yeah, definitely over-saturated, but I liked how they actually kinda looked like ponies and possessed eyes that could realistically fit inside of their heads.