Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony movie poster AND THE TRAILER IS HERE

Steve Piranha

(edited)

GREAT NEWS GUYS, THEY HAVE SHOWN THE POSTER OF THE PONY MOVIE :squee:

mylittleponyposter.jpg

And the trailer is coming later today on top of that. Stay tuned ;) 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/06/new-my-little-pony-movie-poster-debuts.html

Update: HOLY SHIT, THE TRAILER IS HERE, IS BEAUTIFUL :pinkie: (thanks to cmarston1 for bringing it ;) )

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

GREAT NEWS GUYS, THEY HAVE SHOWN THE POSTER OF THE PONY MOVIE :squee:

mylittleponyposter.jpg

And the trailer is coming later today on top of that. Stay tuned ;) 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/06/new-my-little-pony-movie-poster-debuts.html

I actually hope the mane six interact with the new charcters. And their not on screen for thirty seconds and we never see them again.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

I see they're still going with that new art style, even though it looked like crap in the last trailer.

Actually, the art director for the Movie also said that the teaser had bad animation because they didn't convert the footage right, and that's why Rainbow dash looks like she has crippling depression, but they said the actual animation is beautiful

The characterr I am most curious about is Capper (the feline). I am all for exploring new creatures within the current MLP universe but I still have issues wrapping my mind around it, lol. As for the art style... I'm not a fan. I'm still really hoping that we are given the animation we've been used to throughout the series. I'll watch the movie nonetheless, of course.

:smug:

Oh! I am also curious about Temoest Shadow considering her horn is broken. I know that  many MLP OCs have been ising this design for quite a long while and I am excited to find out how it will be applied in the movie.

• Brohoof 1

If the comics are anything to go by, I'm really looking forward to The Storm King, he looks like a blast

• Brohoof 2

First time I saw the poster and the actresses on the list I was nervous. Lol I thought that they replaced the original voice actors with bug stars. Luckily I thought wrong

• Brohoof 1

It would have been nice had the main voice cast been mentioned somewhere other than the text underneath all of the characters, but I suppose they want to get the point across that a number of celebrities are lending their voices to the movie. For some reason, the background reminds me of 1980s Doctor Who as they used a similar background during the theme for Colin Baker specifically.

I like that I was reminded of it. Yes, I like this poster. I honestly do especially those bright colours.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

I see they're still going with that new art style, even though it looked like crap in the last trailer.

That style has been set in stone for a while. If they changed it after the teaser we would be looking at a 2018 or 2019 start date. Toon Boom may be more efficient, but they still have to design assets  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm just glad that it isn't Twilight Sparkle the Movie and they didn't give her significant screen time over the Remane 5 and it seems like AJ is getting a lot of screen time as well. One thing that doesn't make sense is that they're treating like Twilight is the main character but in the show, she's nothing more than just a supporting character nowadays.

Adding on to my previously made post, this movie likes like it's going to be a blast. The song featured in the trailer is awesome and these new characters look very interesting. I am so excited for this, as I have already watched the trailer five times and counting.