Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler [SPOILER] Possibly 3 part finale

Firedog

(edited)

Honestly don't care. It'll be nice to have a more low stakes finale ala BNE for a change, not to mention the last two part finale was a dumpster fire

Edited by Hot Rod
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Firedog said:

Dang it looks like season 7 won't have a 2 part finale or a 3 part finale. Just more slice o life.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic/episode-guide/EP01330416?aid=zap2it

Where does it say that? All I see is up to Secrets and Pies. Secrets and Pies is episode 23.

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 6

I guess I would be okay with this.

I mean the season didn't open with a two part episode and I thought it made for a nice refreshing change for once.

Plus the first season ended with a slice of life finale, and that episode ended up being pretty good, so there's that.

• Brohoof 1

Like MegaSean above mentioned, there's nothing about the finale on this page at all. Season 7 is a 26 episode season like most of the others, but this listing only goes up to episode 23 "Secrets and Pies", it's entirely possible and still likely the finale is a two-parter.

• Brohoof 4

Totally fine with this. I actually like having a simple, more relaxing finale every once and a while. This is especially so since the the movie will be coming afterwards, that will have plenty of excitement if the trailer is any indication.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

We've never once gotten a 3-part finale, so that part doesn't surprise me. And honestly, since this was the first season without a single 2-part premiere, I would not be surprised to see the season end in the same way. Doesn't really bother me. *shrug*

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

As a couple others pointed out, it only goes up to episode 23, though I do want to say how I think this mistake could've happened. The listings skip from episode 10 to 15 (I'm guessing it's going by production order), and the OP probably didn't realize this and started counting from the last numbered episode, which would bring him to 27.

I wouldn't care either way if it ends with a 2 parter or not, nor would I care if it's slice of life or not, though it wouldn't necessarily be slice of life if it isn't a 2 parter. The season 3 finale wasn't a 2 parter and that wasn't slice of life.

Edited by PinkiePie97

UPDATE: Okay, Nevermind it looks like the source only goes up to episode 23. So there still is a possibilty for a 3 parter or 2 parter.

8 hours ago, Hot Rod said:

Honestly don't care. It'll be nice to have a more low stakes finale ala BNE for a change, not to mention the last two part finale was a dumpster fire

What do you mean Dumpster fire? That Starlight time travel duosodes was pretty Great! :pinkie:

What didn't you like about them? 

28 minutes ago, Star Petal said:

What do you mean Dumpster fire? That Starlight time travel duosodes was pretty Great! :pinkie:

What didn't you like about them? 

Cutie Remark ruined Starlight as a villain imo, giving her a really shitty motivation and backstory, not to mention getting a really poor redemption 

To Where And Back Again takes a huge dump on the main cast and every other major character in an attempt to prop Starlight as the main hero to make her look good, and does a terrible job at it(funny enough, I felt Mirror Magic, despite my issues with some things like the villain, did the job much better in 22 minutes)

I liked The Crystaling though, I'll admit 

• Brohoof 2

We have to wait until those episodes are revealed. Though it's weird that the 24th has not been revealed as of now :huh: . So it may be possible for a three parter finale for what we know 

1 hour ago, Hot Rod said:

Cutie Remark ruined Starlight as a villain imo, giving her a really shitty motivation and backstory, not to mention getting a really poor redemption 

To Where And Back Again takes a huge dump on the main cast and every other major character in an attempt to prop Starlight as the main hero to make her look good, and does a terrible job at it(funny enough, I felt Mirror Magic, despite my issues with some things like the villain, did the job much better in 22 minutes)

Seeing the Humane 7 actually getting captured might have something to do with it.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Hot Rod said:

I liked The Crystaling though, I'll admit 

Well! :okiedokieloki:  I! .....DISAGREE! :proud:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Star Petal said:

Well! :okiedokieloki:  I! .....DISAGREE! :proud:

I'm proud of you! :lol:

I disagree too, except for one thing. Starlights backstorie is really week. It didn't ruine her, but made her motivation a real drag in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Hierok said:

I'm proud of you! :lol:

I disagree too, except for one thing. Starlights backstorie is really week. It didn't ruine her, but made her motivation a real drag in my opinion.

"Weak" darling. Week is a set of 7 days, Weak is the opposite of strength. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Star Petal said:

"Weak" darling. Week is a set of 7 days, Weak is the opposite of strength. :rarity:

Now I'm even prouder! :lol: Good thing I have this signature!

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...