Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cringeworthy fanfiction?

Tilgoreth

(edited)

For me fanfic becomes cringe when It's starts to derail itself by introducing way to much concepts that don't make any sense whatsoever.

When the characters in fanfiction just spent their time doing boring things, then to me that fanfiction just becomes really boring.

That's also includes when the character just goes along for the ride (if it's a crossover) with the original story and nothing he or she does affects the story in anyway. (You can safely cut away them from the story and it would not change a thing.) 

When the character becomes super deux ex machina in everything they do, that's a lot of cringe as well. (The MC is now a Super Saiyan, and can shoot lasers out of his eyes, and he now can have multiple animal companions, and they are now the most powerful being on the planet.)

The point is MC never feel satisfied with what they got and author just gives more and more to the point where it becomes obnoxious.

Edited by R.D.Dash
++

You know? Now that Mythril Moth passed away recently, it reminded of a review of one such cringe fan fic. He went through all sentences to showcase how cringy it was, and oh boy, it beats me how he could read a whole chapter of cringe. Had the usual of a bad crossover fic: for the sake of it, unnatural interactions, impossibly large breast sizes, you name it :dash:

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Pony on earth stories are incredibly creepy

"This human version of a pony showed up in the real world, and she was naked, so the first thing I did was grope her"

Edited by This Whomps

• 2 weeks later...

I've stumbled upon many fanfictions that would be considered as such, though I won't name any particular names here. The majority of them are 'Human in Equestria' fanfictions. I have nothing against them, as they can be done well, though most fall flat and end up being rather cringe worthy.

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I've stumbled upon many fanfictions that would be considered as such, though I won't name any particular names here. The majority of them are 'Human in Equestria' fanfictions. I have nothing against them, as they can be done well, though most fall flat and end up being rather cringe worthy.

Not surprising, as most of them are idealized self-inserts poorly attempting to not pass as such :dash:

While I have nothing against the writers of erotica in the community, the erotica with laughable grammar/punctuation and the stripping of characters to the bare concept of "me so horny" is certainly cringeworthy. If you're going to tackle such a mature concept, have a little class, I suppose.

Also, I'll probably get hate for this, but truly any and all crossovers I've read have been "cringey..." I've read quite a few, desperate to find one that will prove me wrong, but I've found that the majority of the fanfics of that genre are just a hot mess of attempting to find chemistry between the two (or more) worlds...maybe it's because MLP is somewhat unique in that it must stand alone. At least in my mind.