Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Fairly Odd Parents apparently ends today

Megas

According to Nick And More, the supposed last episode of Fairly Odd Parents airs today(unless Nick/Butch Hartman confirms otherwise, which actually seems unlikely). After 10 seasons and several specials and movies, and a series of crossovers, one of Nick's longest lasting cartoons ends on a whimper

https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/890349913850220544

• Brohoof 3

It's for the best for it to finally be put down. Well this cartoon is a classic show that I hold dear in my childhood (heck, Butch Hartman's zany humor partially inspired the sense of humor in my own writing), it was pretty much on life support these last few seasons. Constantly adding new characters each one a dumber idea than the last, flanderizing their characters farther than even to the point of a shallow parody of the show, and having fan favorite side characters just disappear from the show while turning Crocker and Timmy's dad into creator's pets, along with humor that's a mix of cringey and trying to act like that one grandparent trying to be hip with the young ones.

So yeah, it was inevitable. Surprised it even ran for this long because Nick did not care about it constantly shifting around the network's schedule with the ratings for the last season being laughable.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

I think the important thing to remember here is that it's not definitely over (Nick and More did say "likely" for a reason). This wouldn't even be the first time it's been cancelled. However, new episodes moved to Nicktoons in January, and no show that's moved there has ever been renewed afterwards, so yeah, it pretty likely it is over.

FOP was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid and I still really like the older episodes, but my opinion, the show hasn't been good in a while. It wasn't so much the new characters that bothered me (I actually kinda like Chloe). I thought the writing was bad, the humor was awful, I didn't like how the characters acted for the most part, and it focused too much on dumb characters for my liking. I felt there was also quite a bit of unnecessary yelling. I thought the switch to flash looked a bit weird at first, but I've somehow gotten used to it.

I'm not going to demand that it be cancelled for good because there are still people that like modern FOP and I know what it's like to have a lot of people want a show you like to be cancelled, but if this really is the end, I'll be okay with that. That being said, I don't think I'll forget the older seasons anytime soon.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 2

It's about time.

It started off well. But then Nick did a SpongeBob with it and it went on too long. It's been getting worse with time.

• Brohoof 4

I thought the show had potential when they could've made Chloe the new main character rather than sharing it but I guess most people didn't want change in the show, so I'm not that surprised that the show is coming to an end.

The show hit past its prime years ago. It was already going downhill and then Poof was introduced, that was when I stopped caring entirely. Still, I am sad to see it end. I remember watching the premiere. They first showed a preview on Slime Time Live and I was excited to see it air, which I think it did either that day or the next. It was good fun. Those are some great memories I have even if I never liked the show as much as Spongebob and others.

I also remember the Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour being pretty cool. I haven't watched this show in ages.

• Brohoof 2

let us all mourn the lost of another good show and but the torch of greatness that is good shows is being passed on to shows like MLP and Steven Universe MAY IT LEGACY BE REMEMBERED FOREVER!But in reality I will miss it,its one of the three good cartoons that are left

(edited)

I don't watch FOP, but I know it used to be a good show. USED to. It hasn't been good for a very long time, and each time the show tries to stay relevant, it stinks up the joint further. "The Big Fairy Share Scare" is FOP's "jump the shark" episode, and it's not gonna be any more good. It's run its course; let it die.

1 hour ago, AJFan89 said:

I thought the show had potential when they could've made Chloe the new main character rather than sharing it but I guess most people didn't want change in the show, so I'm not that surprised that the show is coming to an end.

1. Under present circumstances, there's no potential in Chloe. Continuity had to be broken just to make the plot even plausible, and Chloe herself is a Mary Sue.
  2. "People didn't want change" is a strawman. It's not the change itself, but the quality of the change. Almost every time there's a status quo change, it was worse than prior. Chloe being the worst status quo changer. At this point, changing the status quo for FOP equates to desperation for relevance.
Edited by Dark Qiviut

Well, it also implies that it's possible that the execs could still make it continue if they feel like. But enough is enough. This series should have pulled the plug a while now. That why many of us are split towards continuing ponies and pulling the plug while it can still end on a high note, because it can turn on this

• Brohoof 2

The original ending (Chanel Chasers) was fine, heck it was a good finale. However when they introduced I belive that is when the show went downhill and continue downhill. I feel show hit rock bottom once they introduced Fairy Talk Dog (yes that is real). Im gald Nick is finally putting down FOP like a sick old dog it is.