Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Worst Endings Ever

Castle Bleck

The ending to Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon. The first film had a decent ending and let us not speak of Revenge of the Fallen, but the ending the third movie was just... what? It just cuts off at the end like the Sopranos. 

I don't hate the ending to Samurai Jack season 5, it was a little anticlimatic, but it was okay, I guess, but I can see why a lot of people were unsatisfied with it and that I feel that it fits within a topic about bad endings.

I mean it basically means that all the people that Jack saved no longer exist, including Ashi, who they just had to pull a super forced emotionally manipulated dying at the altar scene into it as well.

Basically all the times in the first 4 seasons where Jack decided to save people and sacrifice a way back to the past was the wrong call, even if they were to have been killed if he just went to the past instead of helping them, they would have been written out of existence anyway, so it's not really all that different if you ask me.

Call of Duty Ghosts is some of the most bullshit sequel bait ever. I'm so glad Infinity Ward restarted completely with Infinite Warfare(which was actually awesome) because goddamn Ghosts did not earn any sequel in the slightest

Pretty much anything where the whole story is revealed to have been a dream, especially if that isn't implied anywhere earlier in the story. That's just lazy and unimaginative writing in my opinion.

It also annoys me slightly that most cartoons end with a regular episode. To me, the last episode should have something special about it: wrapping up the story to at least some extent, revealing new things about the characters... Of course, many shows never get to have a proper finale, as they are canceled prematurely.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I don't hate the ending to Samurai Jack season 5, it was a little anticlimatic, but it was okay, I guess, but I can see why a lot of people were unsatisfied with it and that I feel that it fits within a topic about bad endings.

I mean it basically means that all the people that Jack saved no longer exist, including Ashi, who they just had to pull a super forced emotionally manipulated dying at the altar scene into it as well.

Basically all the times in the first 4 seasons where Jack decided to save people and sacrifice a way back to the past was the wrong call, even if they were to have been killed if he just went to the past instead of helping them, they would have been written out of existence anyway, so it's not really all that different if you ask me.

You got it. I even pretended the series never ended instead of accepting THAT as ending....

I'll get burned for this.  Ok I love the N64  Zelda!  It's the game that really got me into rp games and loving gaming but.....the ending sucked.

2 hours ago, VEnoM-NinJA_4 said:

F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin

I enjoyed playing the game and all, but the ending is like WTF. Well to all who haven't played it yet despite this game being old and still plan to play it, here's the ending...

Reveal hidden contents

In the end, you get to be Alma's b****. D:

I don't know; I mean, that sounds like some people's idea of a great ending. :lol:

I'd probably say the police ending for NFS Rivals. In the police ending you play as a cop named F-8, and challenge the lead racer Zephyr (the main character for the racer campaign) after spending most of the campaign hunting him. You succeed but as a result you get injured and become hospitalized, then fired for your endangerment of public safety. That's fine and all, but the thing that annoys me with this ending is that F-8 decides to join the racers taking Zephyr's place, and undoes pretty much everything you did throughout the campaign. NFS Rivals is a great game, but seriously what's with that bullshit ending?

On 8/23/2017 at 7:30 PM, ThunderCrush said:

I hated the ending of Tron Legacy. It was such a cliff hanger and i bet they aren't going to make another movie.

They were actually planning a sequel, but Disney decided to cancel it because it failed to make enough profit for them.  Disney is used to make hundreds of millions on a movie, but Tron Legacy only managed to fall in the single or double digit millions...

The director of the movie was vastly disappointed over this decision and just wants to move away from this heartbreaking decision.

There are fans, however, theorizing that Tron 3 will still happen.  Some believe that Disney will do the final sequel after several years have passed, just like how it took 28 years to make a sequel of the original Tron movie.

• Brohoof 1

THPOILERTH!!!

In fact, maybe the whole of this thread oughta be tagged with a Spoiler tag. Eh!

Goody, you didn't limit the thread in the original post to just video games or such! I get to talk about my favorite medium, BOOKS!

You know the Series of Unfortunate Events written by the alias of Lemony Snicket? Followed the... Beaudilaire orphans through their wordy escapades & drama. I owe a huge portion of my vocabulary & interest in it to that series. Had a nice air to it where it didn't sugarcoat things for the kiddos that sometimes life just sticks it to yah, man. Until that cop-out ending...

The whole series, the orphans are shipped from loving household to loving distant relatives or just kind souls. Each time the villain manages to pick off the adult authority figure & send the kids on the run again. All the while hints are being dropped about a much bigger, neigh-on-Bioshock-esque mystery surrounding the work the orphan's parents used to do. We get to the final thirteenth instalment of the series from an author we've come to expect grandiose denouement from and what do we get? After some big ol' chase with showy submarines or something... our three orphans are left stranded on some trash heap island in the middle of the ocean with just a reassurance that the villains finally dead, and they can at least live the rest of their miserable lives on this barren, foodless island knowing they can finally stop running.

...Fhoo on you Mr. Snicket! We needed closure! You don't tell twelve stories about how life is horrible, how your wife supposedly got assassinated in the making of this series, that kids should always expect betrayal at every turn and not, at least, give us a bittersweet ending! What's the message that gives us? Life is pretty much just waiting to die, and that's the best you can hope for?  Man, Keese! Bet that book series spawned a load of Hot Topic Goth kids!

Oh, and as a watcher of Anime, I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the most famous "Bad Ending" of anime ever! I've never watched School Days myself (for reason that shall become very clear.) but for most of the show it was your pretty typical, cutesy day-in-the-life of teens in high school.  Until the last two or so episodes...

While it may have been touched on in the show that our male protagonist was playing off two girls that liked him (something, admittedly, you get used to seeing in anime. Love triangles & crossed meanings, you know?) That... that really... hit the fan pretty hard...

See, one girl got a little crazy, and in a desperate bid to keep the guy, lied about being pregnant with his baby. The other girl did not take to this news all to well. The boy went to talk to her, and pretty much call it off on their part now that he has another girl to care for instead of being a waffling dou-... jerk. Well, sometime after he attempts that, she shows back up at the other girls house... to show the other girl the boy's decapitated head in a bowling ball bag and proceeds to gut her open like a fish to carve out the supposed baby.

There was a ton of blood. A sharp turn into crazyville from a show that was pretty much lovey-dovey, fluffy nonsense.

Sorry for any mental images that might've supplied, but hey... least you know now to not click on anything with that anime's title! 

(Not to be confused with School Daze, which was a great & funny show that knew to keep its tone!)