Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Synopsis for the finale.

CastletonSnob

We have the synopsis for this season's finale. https://derpibooru.org/1540277

And for those who can't open the link:

Spoiler

Shadow Play, Part I premieres Saturday, October 28 at 11:30a/10:30c When Sunburst discovers the lost journal of Starswirl the Bearded, Twilight becomes obsessed with saving her magical idol from a thousand-year-old prison. • Season Finale: Shadow Play, Part II premieres Saturday, October 28 at 12/11c With Starswirl and the other Pillars of Old Equestria back from limbo (where they’ve been trapped for a thousand years), Twilight and her friends must work together to defeat the Pony of Shadows

What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

Whoa, we actually are going to finally meet Starswirl?! That takes my excitement of the finale up several notches. Sounds like this is going to open a bunch of lore too. Feels weird that it is going to premiere a few weeks after the movie, but this is easily the most excited I have been for a finale in years. That makes me happy. :D

• Brohoof 5

Well, color me surprised. I didn't expect Shadow Play to be played like this. Consider me excited for the finale (and hope it's done well).

Spoilers for A Health of Information:

Spoiler

In the episode, Twilight and FS say Mage Meadowbrook disappeared without a trace. The fact that she and the other legends were imprisoned in limbo for a millennium fits.

• Brohoof 6

29 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

Now that we know that Starswirl the Bearded is going to be in it: The big question remains:  Who's gonna play Starswirl?

17 minutes ago, Midnight Seashell said:

If possible the actor of Dumbledore needs to voice Starswirl

If I could choose I would totally have the voice of the 'Crooked Man' from the Wolf Among Us, Philip Banks, play him, and no, not the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air character. XD His voice really gives a vibe of being wise but also a bit intimidating and powerful in its own way.

Take a listen: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/The-Wolf-Among-Us/Crooked-Man/

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Midnight Seashell said:

If possible the actor of Dumbledore needs to voice Starswirl

I have a feeling that they will go the route of Merlin from Sword and the Stone. Goofy and whimsical. Playing a little on the whole silly but wise and powerful wizard. 

1 minute ago, Lambdadelta said:

One of Mlp biggest trump cards is played, the mystery of Starswirl the Beard. This finale will be the legitimate great 'Legend of Magic' episode. I am hyped for this finale, it could decide how i rank this season.

Agreed. If the pull this off its going to land at #1 on my list. 

• Brohoof 3

Okay, this sounds actually kinda awesome.  Looks like the Legends of Equestria are going to be incorporated in an interesting way, and it is going to be really great to finally see Starwirl the Bearded.  I wonder if this episode has any connection to Uncommon Bond seeing how Sunburst is involved in both.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, never guessed they where going this way with this. Ever since the Nightmare Night episode from 6 years ago, people have speculated long about Starswirl.

This can either be really great or really bad, considering people have waited a long time for this moment.

• Brohoof 4

I daresay this could over power Twilight's Kingdom as the best finale if done properly. I normally don't get hyped about episodes and such, but I admit to feeling some this time. The potential for such lore expansion if off the charts... I love me some lore.

Except for Data's brother. I don't like that Lore.

• Brohoof 4

15 hours ago, Jeric said:

Agreed. If the pull this off its going to land at #1 on my list. 

If they pull out the trump card and somehow still lose, it would be the most epic fail of the entire series because of all the build-up they did this year, all the comics, all the episodes that they sacrifice the content just to 'shoehorn' the Legend of Magic (Campfire, Daring Done stories are suffered from this). Greatness is mandatory and mediocrity is unacceptable, my expectations are so high that i wont allow it to fall... 

Random: It would be really nice if they have some 'Magical Mystery Cure' callbacks, because Twilight is one who can complete the spell that even the Starswirl himself cant, it would be a missed opportunity if they forgot that.

Prepare for some Twilight fangirling...

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

I daresay this could over power Twilight's Kingdom as the best finale if done properly. I normally don't get hyped about episodes and such, but I admit to feeling some this time. The potential for such lore expansion if off the charts... I love me some lore.

Sounds good. And a bunch of new/old ponies to re-integrate into modern equestrian society... of the same vintage as Luna.

3 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Understandable. Still, Discord can deal with him.... again :D

• Brohoof 2

So it all comes down to this. The Legends of Magic and the Shadow Lock arc all converge in the finale of season 7. If the writers and editors play their cards right, this has potential to be big!

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Well ... Pony has its own Hugh Borg in Thorax ... so if Lore shows up to screw crap up ... he'll handle it. 

• Brohoof 3

BTW, when it comes to Starswirls voice, i would like Ian Mckellen, the man who played Gandalf in Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

Of course, just wishful thinking though. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm glad the Season 7 Finale will focus on the Mane 6 this time around. 

I'm starting to like Starlight Glimmer more now but, it just felt weird not having the Season 6 Finale focus on

Twilight Sparkle or the Mane 6 as a group, IMO.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Mesme Rize said:

This can either be really great or really bad, considering people have waited a long time for this moment.

Aye. We have had long waited for moments nail it (Crusaders or the Lost Mark and Perfect Pear) and some fail to impress (Newbie Dash). 

That said this is partially written by Nicole Dubec and she knows how to craft epic in animated stories. Haber will likely bring his finale A game (I enjoyed his finales). 

I'm not worried about this one. 

34 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm glad the Season 7 Finale will focus on the Mane 6 this time around. 

I'm starting to like Starlight Glimmer more now but, it just felt weird not having the Season 6 Finale focus on

Twilight Sparkle or the Mane 6 as a group, IMO.

Due to the run time, I anticipate no more than Twilight's Kingdom level interaction, maybe involving using the items to bring them back in part 1. One for each of the Mane Six and one for Starlight and one for Sunburst.

One way to to incorporate all Six  fairly is if Twilight and company will have to convince them to fight the Pony of Shadows, or if freeing them actually releases the Pony of Shadows pissing the Legends off. 

• Brohoof 4

14 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Didn't Starswirl die a long time ago? Or is he an immortal alicorn. :grin:

This ruines my headcanon! Noooooooo!

Trapped in a timeless dimension where the Legends don't age.

Also ... Celestial Advice once again hinted at a future episode with that spell to find things lost in time. :D

full.png

Instead of a clock, they need to use the magical objects (which Sunburst will have cause reasons).

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Trapped in a timeless dimension where the Legends don't age.

Also ... Celestial Advice once again hinted at a future episode with that spell to find things lost in time. :D

full.png

Instead of a clock, they need to use the magical objects (which Sunburst will have cause reasons).

Oh yeah. That is pretty cool. I wonder if Limbo and Tartarus are the same.

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Didn't Starswirl die a long time ago? Or is he an immortal alicorn. :grin:

This ruines my headcanon! Noooooooo!

Well, Starswirl is referred to as a unicorn, so presumably not.

More likely, in order that the Legends wouldn't use their considerable power to escape, they are suspended in time, so for them no time has yet elapsed since their imprisonment (or distorted enough that it has been minutes, or at most hours)