Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler New elements for the mane six?

Unlikeable Pony

So, anyways, looking at this panel from the Recent IDW comic on the legends of magic...

Untitled.png.45269ac30df077a7d433468d5cb82ad8.png

Do you think they're going to introduce new elements/virtues that the six represent? We got 6 Virtues here that represent the six as well as the legends of magic after all (Sorcery for Twilight, Courage for dash, strength for AJ, beauty for Rarity, healing for fluttershy and hope for pinkie)

• Brohoof 2

I don't want to see the same old mane 6 get new elements or something. I'd rather it be a different group entirely. Perhaps the ones that defeated Chrysalis for s6 finale. Maybe not though. Sorcery sounds like something Trixie related, Hope or Healing could be Thorax, Bravery could be Starlight. Discord could be strength, in terms of his magic. Or Bulk Biceps could be strength, clearly. 

Edited by Twilight Witch

He's researching the Legends. Those are their elements that also are attributes that we see in the Mane Six. It makes for a good theme. I don't see a connection to the Elements of Harmony so this is something different -- supplemental in a way. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

He's researching the Legends. Those are their elements that also are attributes that we see in the Mane Six. It makes for a good theme. I don't see a connection to the Elements of Harmony so this is something different -- supplemental in a way. 

I also don't think that this has much to do with the elements of Harmony, but it will definitely play a major role in Shadow Play as it is Starswirls book and the following panel is Sunburst shouting about how Twilight MUST see this, of course he is probably referring to Starswirl, I think those "elements" will be what ties the mane 6 to their legend counterparts.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

I also don't think that this has much to do with the elements of Harmony, but it will definitely play a major role in Shadow Play as it is Starswirls book and the following panel is Sunburst shouting about how Twilight MUST see this, of course he is probably referring to Starswirl, I think those "elements" will be what ties the mane 6 to their legend counterparts.

And then their counterparts and them stand together and all of a sudden dance and fuse becoming an entirely different pony.

Where have I seen that before?

14 minutes ago, Jeric said:

And then their counterparts and them stand together and all of a sudden dance and fuse becoming an entirely different pony.

Where have I seen that before?

Still be a more satisfying defeat than Toffees or Bill Ciphers

I would rather they dance and above them a giant pony god is made that one shots pony of shadows

Also Punk Jeric is best Jeric

Edited by Ryanmahaffe
  • Brohoof 1

It appears to me that they are setting up a major new theme for the show, a sort of Elements: Next Gen. I have felt that the show has been in a kind of limbo since Season 5, lacking an overall direction, and I attributed that to constraints imposed by the movie development. But from Season 8, the show will be free to move again, and these new elements could be a key part to it. They neatly tie in to existing character traits, but provide opportunity for more plots, story arcs and character development. The question now becomes, will they come with their own wave motion gun?

1 minute ago, zaighster said:

It appears to me that they are setting up a major new theme for the show, a sort of Elements: Next Gen. I have felt that the show has been in a kind of limbo since Season 5, lacking an overall direction, and I attributed that to constraints imposed by the movie development. But from Season 8, the show will be free to move again, and these new elements could be a key part to it. They neatly tie in to existing character traits, but provide opportunity for more plots, story arcs and character development. The question now becomes, will they come with their own wave motion gun?

I would agree with season 6 somewhat being this "limbo" but season 7 has really felt like the show moving forward, tying up many fan wants and major story points, with a new story arc in the legends of magic/pillars of old Equestria, and tons of continuing side character development.

Season 6 felt like a break, a chance for everything to slow down and have just normal episodes aside from the changeling arc. Season 7 feels like there is a story being told, at least in 7B.

5 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Still be a more satisfying defeat than Toffees or Bill Ciphers

I would rather they dance and above them a giant pony god is made that one shots pony of shadows

Also Punk Jeric is best Jeric

So basically the ending of rainbow rocks :P

59cc79e02d7e9_745553__safe_screencap_equestriagirls_rainbowrocks_alicorn_animated_badass_discoveryfa-y_epic_god_harmony_magic_majestic_phzaaamm_precure_rainboom.gif.0453312fd689d3210aa67d4b7e9b12c5.gif

22 hours ago, Hierok said:

Sorcery for Twilight sounds like a corrupted element if you ask me. Why not Wisdom for Twilight? :ooh:

Could end up being why Starswirl and the others ended up being trapped in limbo instead of beating the pony of shadows, with starswirl misinterpretting the proper Final element as Sorcery instead of "magic" :P

• Brohoof 2