Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler "Once Upon A Zeppelin" Promo

ggg-2

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

They are two for two in episodes dealing with parents this season. Hoping this is the hat trick!

This may also be the second or third episode this year to have a built in message about fandoms. Even more if you broaden that to the dangers inherent in adoration or some elements in social psychology. 

One other thought is Twilight Velvet sounds like Mrs. Cake ate Cookie Crumbles. Anyone have a clip of Velvet's line from the Crystaling? 

From the other thread 

14 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Why does this not surprise me? No, no, they already killed the episode for me.

The lack of Spike? 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Jeric said:

From the other thread 

The lack of Spike? 

It's one thing for Spike to have lesser appearances where he's not needed, but if he's not part of the Sparkle family vacation, these writers just crossed the line! This has become personal now.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Jeric said:

One other thought is Twilight Velvet sounds like Mrs. Cake ate Cookie Crumbles. Anyone have a clip of Velvet's line from the Crystaling?

It's literally Tara purposely sounding older or just her normal voice. It's a shame if this is a different actress, I was looking foward to Tara playing off herself, something she has yet to do but everyone else has.

• Brohoof 4

23 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

It's one thing for Spike to have lesser appearances where he's not needed, but if he's not part of the Sparkle family vacation, these writers just crossed the line! This has become personal now.

I'm sure the writing staff didn't set out to personally annoy you. It's an odd absence, but if the episode is cute and amusing, I'll consider it a win. 

18 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

It's literally Tara purposely sounding older or just her normal voice. It's a shame if this is a different actress, I was looking foward to Tara playing off herself, something she has yet to do but everyone else has.

This I have to agree with. I like Tara's take better than the one we hear in the trailer. 

• Brohoof 3

15 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I'm sure the writing staff didn't set out to personally annoy you. It's an odd absence, but if the episode is cute and amusing, I'll consider it a win. 

Of course they're not doing it to annoy me. They do it cause they're clueless of Spike's character. They need to know about this, and to understand this! They really don't understand that they could give Spike the greatest story arc in the history of the show, if they just tried! They're not even trying! They just see a Meg Griffin!

• Brohoof 1

I'm a little worried about this one.

1. Spike looks like he's absent from the episode. Now, he doesn't have to be shoehorned in every episode. Many this season don't use him at all, yet make sense. (Him not being there in Fame makes him one of only two characters there to come out for the better, the other Starlight.) Considering he's part of Twilight's family, him being absent (if true) would leave a really large gap in the episode. How large? About as large as Sweet & Elite.
  2. Twilight Velvet and Night Light look like really big idiots. Seriously, accept the vacation without question AND without knowing where it came from?
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 5

24 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Of course they're not doing it to annoy me. They do it cause they're clueless of Spike's character. They need to know about this, and to understand this! They really don't understand that they could give Spike the greatest story arc in the history of the show, if they just tried! They're not even trying! They just see a Meg Griffin!

It's stuff like this that make me say that MLP isn't the best cartoon of this decade. The inconsistencies in writing keep MLP from being a truly great cartoon. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 1

Interesting premise for the episode. Not sure why people are upset about the voice change though. :/

21 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Don't you think you go a bit too far here?

It's okay to be dissapointed, but you shouldn't say that the writers aren't trying just because spike is absent. They did a great job so far this season with most of the episode and calling them lazy for not having spike in it is a bit insulting in my opinion considering that they work 12+ hours everyday.

• Brohoof 3

You know they did something some fandom original sin when McFlurry is ignored :D. Seriously though, I can take Spike' s absence, but it's a little jarring for Twi Velvet having a different voice from Tara Strong though :huh:

3 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Interesting premise for the episode. Not sure why people are upset about the voice change though. :/

It's okay to be dissapointed, but you shouldn't say that the writers aren't trying just because spike is absent. They did a great job so far this season with most of the episode and calling them lazy for not having spike in it is a bit insulting in my opinion considering that they work 12+ hours everyday.

And they later complain for Fame and Mifortune :dash: . Seriously though, it's ok to be uncomfortable to those things, but come on, don't take it as it's killing your dog or something :dry:

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

You know they did something some fandom original sin when McFlurry is ignored :D. Seriously though, I can take Spike' s absence, but it's a little jarring for Twi Velvet having a different voice from Tara Strong though :huh:

Why are people assuming it's not Tara? Lady's got range, y'know.;)

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Well I guess we're even then, cause I'm super offended by this neglection. Good job, writers. They have confirmed that he has no family. Orphaned and familyless for life. Hallelujah! :D

Ok well now that has been taken care of, I'll learn from these writers' mistakes to make sure my writing team and I don't make the same mistakes. Might as well take advantage of these misfortunes. And that's why our show is gonna be super superior to MLP! :D

• Brohoof 1

Just now, MegaSean45 said:

Well I guess we're even then, cause I'm super offended by this neglection. Good job, writers. They have confirmed that he has no family. Orphaned and familyless for life. Hallelujah! :D

Ok well now that has been taken care of, I'll learn from these writers' mistakes to make sure my writing team and I don't make the same mistakes. Might as well take advantage of these misfortunes. And that's why our show is gonna be super superior to MLP! :D

I am not sure if you are sarcastic or actually serious. :huh:

23 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Doubt it, as that voice sounds very alike Cherry Berry's in Mare-Do Well, and I'm pretty sure that ain't Tara Strong :dash:

25 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Then Tara and the VA director should be soundly criticized for changing it up that dramatically. I can understand if they went with someone new to give her more personality ... but Velvet went from June Cleaver to full on Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. When one person notices it who can't recall exactly how the original sounded but knows it feels different ... that's poor acting consistency. Even they will tell you that.

No, it's got to be a new actor. 

19 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

What if Spike isn't in this episode? 

Then Spike isn't in the episode. Go check out the movie if you are a Spike fan. Trust me. ;)

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Then Tara and the VA director should be soundly criticized for changing it up that dramatically. I can understand if they went with someone new to give her more personality ... but Velvet went from June Cleaver to full on Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. When one person notices it who can't recall exactly how the original sounded but knows it feels different ... that's poor acting consistency. Even they will tell you that.

No, it's got to be a new actor. 

Then Spike isn't in the episode. Go check out the movie if you are a Spike fan. Trust me. ;)

But there's no reason for him not to be in it.

It just shows he'll never be taken seriously by the writers. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, VG_Addict said:

I already conceded it's odd. Still won't kill the episode for me. 

1 minute ago, VG_Addict said:

Well he has been in the past. So your sentence is a bit disingenuous. 

You probably would be more appropriate in expressing that opinion if you said he's never going to be taken seriously again ... but histrionics and accuracy aren't usually well acquainted. 

Just now, Jeric said:

I already conceded it's odd. Still won't kill the episode for me. 

Well he has been in the past. So your sentence is a bit disingenuous. 

You probably would be more appropriate in expressing that opinion if you said he's never going to be taken seriously again ... but histrionics and accuracy aren't usually well acquainted. 

Fine, he won't be taken seriously again.

He's barely been in this season, after a great season 6. I don't understand it. 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Fine, he won't be taken seriously again.

He's barely been in this season, after a great season 6. I don't understand it. 

Different priorities this season I suppose. 

Every season of just about every show I have every watched has times when a character is underutilized. For me, since I adore this season, I can forgive a few odd calls. 

Just now, Jeric said:

Different priorities this season I suppose. 

Every season of just about every show I have every watched has times when a character is underutilized. For me, since I adore this season, I can forgive a few odd calls. 

But he had momentum going into this season. 

He probably won't even get any episodes next season. 

4 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Actually that's not entirely true. There may be no reason for him to be absent from the episode...but there could be a reason for him to be absent from the vacation. Who knows maybe the episode's cold opening is him pulling an "All Bottled Up" saying he won't come because Twilight doesn't need an assistant, she should just enjoy her vacation with her pony family. Him and Twilight see enough of each other already. Boom, development for becoming more independent!

Or maybe he's the one who set it all up *DUH DUH DUH!!* (Probably not the case but I'd love that twist).

• Brohoof 1

Just now, VG_Addict said:

But he had momentum going into this season. 

He probably won't even get any episodes next season. 

No he's gonna get SO MANY episodes next season to make up for this! Bigger season than season 6! So much development for him happening in one season! That will make up for this season! ;)

• Brohoof 1