Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler (Official) Rest of S7 leaked, beware of spoilers

Steve Piranha

36 minutes ago, Truffles said:

The dragons were a bit too cardboard cutout compared to how they were in GoF, so that was a bit of a bummer.

At least they stuck with GOF's retcon that the ones from Dragon Quest were only bad because of Garble, and that most Dragons are actually a lot more down-to-Equestria than that.

30 minutes ago, Truffles said:

.I don't know how to reconcile the discontinuity between the villain here and the end of "Castle Mania." How could he be playing the organ if he was trapped in Limbo? :confused:

In Castle-Mania, the one playing the organ throughout the whole episode was Pinkie Pie, who thought everyone came to the castle to play a game. 

The Pony of Shadows was never really there. A.J. flat out said it was just a uncomfirmed legend that it may or may not still be hanging around the castle.

As for the Glowing eyes at the end, that was an weaked Tirek that would strike at the end of Season 4.

Eyes.thumb.png.184290d9f3926d83d9782abdb88c6321.png

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

In Castle-Mania, the one playing the organ throughout the whole episode was Pinkie Pie, who thought everyone came to the castle to play a game. 

The Pony of Shadows was never really there. A.J. flat out said it was just a uncomfirmed legend that it may or may not still be hanging around the castle.

As for the Glowing eyes at the end, that was an weaked Tirek that would strike at the end of Season 4.

Looked a lot more like Zecora in her cloak:

ec54bfbae2e2bc6ed765b79cbce3fa38--clipar

Wouldn't be OOC for her to want to troll somepony once in a while.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

Looked a lot more like Zecora in her cloak:

ec54bfbae2e2bc6ed765b79cbce3fa38--clipar

Wouldn't be OOC for her to want to troll somepony once in a while.

That's just a coincidence. The show runners just reused the same glowing eyes.

The show runners actually confirmed that was meant to be a weak Tirek biding his time.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

1 hour ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

Watch the last episodes and i must say:

(Spoiler & movie)

Hide contents

Twilight become more "annoying". I know that she use her friends as a distraction to steal something from their life saviour in the movie. And now she mess up again, by bringing back the 6 ponies without thinking they would also bring back the bad guy? For a character who should be the smartest, she act like an idiot.

That is something I didn't like about the finale. All of the characters were portrayed in a fairly stupid light, Twilight especially, just to make Starlight be the one that was correct in the end. If they would have had Twilight considering the same idea at some point and doubting the wizard that inspired her the most, that would have been interesting, but I don't remember her doing that at all. Just her and the other character blindly following the original plan with no objections. It simply didn't sit right with me and it is was brings the finale down a notch in my eyes. I thought the finale was fantastic up until that point.

• Brohoof 3

I havent watch Shadow Play yet (i will watch it after typing this comment), i saw all the leaks beside the finale. 

Secrets & Pies is pure insanity, i laugh so hard during the episode, some of you may find this episode annoying, but i dont, i am glad this ep didnt reach 'Cupcakes' level or my mind is gonna break. Another ep feels like it should belong to S2 but I dont care, its just too funny, crazy, creepy, ridiculous that need not to take it too seriously... When was the last time a Pinkie Pie episode that FUN?

Uncommon Bond. Hum... It's not as good as i expected, i feel like Starlight is too passive in this episode, everything she does in this ep is just sign and give up if not for Sunburst trying to make up to her, every other character look fun as usual but Starlight is not that good in this ep, she didnt really try. The lesson should be sometime we cannot be friends it's best to move on, but i dont think the show still havent enough balls to deliverer some 'anti-friendship' lesson. Just my first impression for this ep, maybe some several watches will improve my opnions. Yeah, its good, but not so great.

Alright, I admit that was truly an amazing finale! :D

Although the only issue I have is keeping the legends around. They're called "legends" for a reason. Who knows? Maybe it could work out! This gives the Mane Six something to do next season! 

2 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Alright, I admit that was truly an amazing finale! :D

Although the only issue I have is keeping the legends around. They're called "legends" for a reason. Who knows? Maybe it could work out! This gives the Mane Six something to do next season! 

I predict a few more Luna Eclipsed-type episodes in our future.

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

I predict a few more Luna Eclipsed-type episodes in our future.

I don't mind.  Personally, I would mind if they were in the spotlight with their own episodes of adapting in Equestria today.  Maybe Starswirl could take a jab or two at certain...pop culture references of today(And if they poke fun at Batman V Superman, I'll cheer)

I've only watched the Finale so far (a bit of a weird place to start, but no matter): It was perfect, aside from a some gripes I had with Twilight and Starswirl. Twilight for the first half was, admittedly, pretty stupid to think that taking the Pillars out of Limbo wouldn't have a consequence, and Starswirl was a complete jerk for the majority of the second half, I believe the way he treated Twilight like he thought of her as a complete retard was (almost) completely unjustified. Though I have to say, Starlight really shined through this episode. I think it's the best portrayal of her in the entire series so far. In general, a solid 9.75/10 from me.

In rankings of other finales: S4 > S7 >> S6 > S5 >> S2 >>> S1 >>>> S3. This to me is almost as good as Season 4's, but not quite.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
Upon further reflection, I underrated it a bit.

Shadow Play is a really awesome finale, things happen a bit fast but i love how they didnt waste any precious screentime, locations keep changing, i like it. Villain is bit weak (not the character, i mean the shadow), not a very big threat, he can be defeated by anyway, elements or not, hope its not the last i see him........ IT, i guess. The cast are getting bigger and bigger, now we have more 7 characters, the good guys team are just too OP, THE ELEMENTS ARE BACK! BABY!

Starlight is good in this finale, but not too outshine everyone else, maybe some people will be pissed because she is the one 'who saves the day again' or 'she always right', but remember, when Spike and Sunset Shimmer are the true hero of Rainbow Rock, they are the saviors of the day but i heard no complain. All Starlight did is just a voice of reason, the villain will be defeated no matter what, she just suggest a better ending, she just remind Twilight the true magic of the show, friendship.

Damn, the bad guys are getting less and less powerful everytime... Now the elements are back, no villain can be prevailed again.................

ONE MORE THING.... SIRENS!!!!??? HOLY CRAP, EQG IS CANON NOW!???

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

Shadow Play is a really awesome finale, things happen a bit fast but i love how they didnt waste any precious screentime, locations keep changing, i like it. Villain is bit weak (not the character, i mean the shadow), not a very big threat, he can be defeated by anyway, elements or not, hope its not the last i see him........ IT, i guess. The cast are getting bigger and bigger, now we have more 7 characters, the good guys team are just too OP, THE ELEMENTS ARE BACK! BABY!

Starlight is good in this finale, but not too outshine everyone else, maybe some people will be pissed because she is the one 'who saves the day again' or 'she always right', but remember, when Spike and Sunset Shimmer are the true hero of Rainbow Rock, they are the saviors of the day but i heard no complain. All Starlight did is just a voice of reason, the villain will be defeated no matter what, she just suggest a better ending, she just remind Twilight the true magic of the show, friendship.

Damn, the bad guys are getting less and less powerful everytime... Now the elements are back, no villain can be prevailed again.................

The Pony of Shadows was the most powerful threat in the past 3 seasons, he was just in a very weakened state at the time.

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

Because the Sirens/Dazzlings were revealed to have been banished to the Human World by the Pillars, not merely Star Swirl being a sore loser over a singing-contest.

Which next Legends of Magic issue comic will touch upon more detail. Good thing, because I agree the sirens' Fiendship is Magic was the weakest of all 

16 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

I am really torn, I think the finale is fantastic, but I don't know if I prefer it over the season 5 finale.

I Don't think it was THE BEST finale, but it was a pretty strong season finale overall 

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Which next Legends of Magic issue comic will touch upon more detail. Good thing, because I agree the sirens' Fiendship is Magic was the weakest of all 

I Don't think it was THE BEST finale, but it was a pretty strong season finale overall 

Well, personally after watching it again, I can say it is my favorite, it didn't feel as cinematic as Twilights Kingdom and the stakes weren't emphasized as much as the Cutie Remark, but I think it did everything extremely well.

2 hours ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

I also love Secret and Pies

It was decent for me, which was good, because that sounded like the worst episode idea before :lol: 

57 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

EG was always canon, it just didn't directly affected the show until now

• Brohoof 1

I just had a theory on why they really brought in the Legends of Magic to the modern world.

To have them as teachers for the upcoming Friendship Academy in the next Season.

Think about it.  It's not just the Mane 6 and Starlight taking part as teachers.  I have a feeling that the Legends of Magic were brought to this world to help our heroines as additional teachers at the Friendship Academy.

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 2

Secret and Pies- I thought this was a well done Pinkie Episode, reminds me a bit of MMMystery on the Pony Express. 8.75/10 in my book.

Uncommon Bond- This one wasn't quite as good in my opinion, but I don't think it was too bad. 7.75/10 in my book.

2 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Did the finale end with a cliffhanger...yes or no?

Not in the way you are thinking, but it did end with a large change to the show for future storylines, it's a 2 parter, like all the ones that have come before it.

Spoiler

An amazing finale, that did justice to all the Mane 6 AND Starlight, that gave us six new characters for future eps ALL AT THE SAME TIME..... written by Haber... uh... uhm... I think I own someone apologies...

Also... I really hope somebody does a group shot fanart with the Mane 6, Spike, Starlight, Sunburst, the allies from the Movie AND the pillar of Equestria together. Man that would be the best, I'd put it as wallpaper for my desktop!

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

At least they stuck with GOF's retcon that the ones from Dragon Quest were only bad because of Garble, and that most Dragons are actually a lot more down-to-Equestria than that.

True, that. I guess I just enjoyed learning dragons like to sleep on soft pillows just like every other species of this world and I really didn't learn anything new about them. The lava surfing was neat, but I'd expect dragons to be into that. At least Haber remembered dragons treat lava like it was water. :)

5 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I remembered Pinkie was the one playing throughout most of the episode; it was that last shot that is causing the confusion. I agree with @The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. - I figured that was just Zecora trolling the Mane 6 after seeing TPoS was trapped all this time. But if you say the show runners have canonized it as Tirek, then I can accept that. Is there a link to a source or was it said at a con?