Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

9 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

I kinda want an episode with Spike and friends attempting to coax Stygian into joining guys' night, maybe even getting Thorax and Pharynx involved. Most, if not all of them have made poor decisions in the past, such as Spike's greed nearly wrecking Ponyville in Secret of My Excess, Big Mac (though it was mostly AJ) nearly putting the farm's business traditions on the line, Thorax and Pharynx having followed Chrysalis, and Discord being.....well, Discord. It would show Stygian that he's not alone, leading to a nice "nobody's perfect" Aesop.

Hm, we do have a sudden swell in the ranks of prominent male characters from the last couple of seasons, now that you mention.

Dudebro alliance aside, Stygian and Spike could have a curiously interesting relationship if they chose to go that route. Both have histories of feeling inadequate and useless as characters while they support their friends.

I'd like Twilight Sparkle to be the one the Remane 5 & Starlight Glimmer need to rescue after Twilight becomes corrupted by dark magic

in the Season 8 Finale.

Oh, I'd also like to see the corrupted Twilight Sparkle battle with Princess Celestia in one of the episode's as well.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Celli said:

I'm sorry but those are terrible ideas.

For me it's not so terrible at all. I do want to see Starlight becoming permanently evil again actually

29 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

For me it's not so terrible at all. I do want to see Starlight becoming permanently evil again actually

But why? Like I explained, it is totally out of character. :)

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

It is NOT out of character at all...

Yes it is. Why the hell are the writers gonna waste 2 season's worth of friendships and character development for the sake of some shitty cop out. That'd be one huge middle finger

• Brohoof 6

1 hour ago, MAIKUN said:

All I ever wanted is to see Starlight becoming permanently evil again by betraying the Mane Six. 

The only time you'll get to see that happen is through fanfiction. In the show, Glimhorse has genuinely changed and progressively works to become a better and better pony each time. SG actually turning her backs on them and becoming evil will make her two-plus-year-long arc pointless.

36 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

It’s not going to destroy the show, trust me.

It will. It'd be one of the worst ideas ever to be used in the entire series, if not the worst. To echo @Kiryu-Chan, why would DHX want to cop out her growth? They'll kill so much of the brony fandom if they actually go forward with it.

• Brohoof 5

34 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

Yes it is. Why the hell are the writers gonna waste 2 season's worth of friendships and character development for the sake of some shitty cop out. That'd be one huge middle finger

This is the same argument I make to people who are dead set on seeing a certain Jedi turn to the Dark Side ever since TFA trailer was released. 

4 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

I'm going to say that it's pointless. 

Cool canyon we have in here. I can hear the same responses from right minded individuals echo like glorious sense hitting the walls of Ghastly Gorge. 

4 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

It will. It'd be one of the worst ideas ever to be used in the entire series, if not the worst.

Aye, it thematically negates the entire premise of the show and the role of one of the show's main characters. Glimmer going bad would be like saying Twilight sucks at her job and Friendship is not actually that Magic in the land of Equestria. 

Betrayal of a main character is a good device for some other properties, like maybe a mafia film, but not for FiM. 

• Brohoof 6

Not exactly counting on it, but I really hope season 8 finally DOES SOMETHING with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Unlike every other time they've redeemed characters, this time so far it feels like reforming them was a waste of time. Hell, they haven't even had lines at all since Lost Mark.

My season 8 wishlist consists of-

Canon discovery/reasoning behind Flurry Heart being born as an alicorn.

Major character development for Moondancer

Big Mac and Sugar Belle's relationship; more plz??? (And subsequently the Apple Family's decision on how to handle either potentially losing Big Mac or gaining Sugar Belle.)

More Pinkie and Maude!

No involvement from the Pillars until the finale or at least don't make them recurring actors.

Twilight needs a fresh new direction.

Less Starlight.

56 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Big Mac and Sugar Belle's relationship; more plz??? (And subsequently the Apple Family's decision on how to handle either potentially losing Big Mac or gaining Sugar Belle.)

Ah! Another person here who sees the potential in this storyline. Yay!

57 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

No involvement from the Pillars until the finale or at least don't make them recurring actors.

This I'm curious about. Are you concerned that including them reduces the opportunities for other characters, or do you simply want to 'rest' them because of the whole less is more idea? 

• Brohoof 2

36 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This I'm curious about. Are you concerned that including them reduces the opportunities for other characters, or do you simply want to 'rest' them because of the whole less is more idea? 

Both, actually. I don't like the idea that the focus of the show will split from roughly 7 ponies, to potentially 13 now. I do like that they're all off discovering the world as of right now, but I don't know that their relevance should be as high as the mane6's. There's already a lot to iterate over, as well as new things.

That's not to say I think they should just disappear and never come back. It could be something similar to Luna's absence in season 2. Continuity!
Starswirl could become the court wizards at Canterlot. Mage Meadowbrook meets her descendant and potentially Zecora. Flash Magnus meets Shining Armor and teaches the new guard a thing or two. Daring Do could take Somnambula to where her village used to be and learn about its history. Mistmane could become an adviser to Princess Cadence and an important support figure to the Crystal Empire. Rockhoof is kind of my odd pony out since he and Applejack seem to be pretty rooted to their own characterizations, I don't really know what he'd be able to do in the present day.

All of that could be for a later season though. The spotlight feels pretty crowded as it is right now. I get the feeling they'll have some significance, but the pony dynamic is pretty great as it is and I'm cautious about essentially doubling its variables.

5 hours ago, Jeric said:

This is the same argument I make to people who are dead set on seeing a certain Jedi turn to the Dark Side ever since TFA trailer was released. 

I'm going to say that it's pointless. 

Cool canyon we have in here. I can hear the same responses from right minded individuals echo like glorious sense hitting the walls of Ghastly Gorge. 

Aye, it thematically negates the entire premise of the show and the role of one of the show's main characters. Glimmer going bad would be like saying Twilight sucks at her job and Friendship is not actually that Magic in the land of Equestria. 

Betrayal of a main character is a good device for some other properties, like maybe a mafia film, but not for FiM. 

Betrayal SHOULD be a device for FiM anyhow, right?

9 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

Betrayal SHOULD be a device for FiM anyhow, right?

It should be a device ... and it has already been a device (Discord, Luna, Suri, etc) ... though with most betrayals there eventually comes redemption. 

So I agree betrayal is important, but that's not what I said. There were a specific set of words that I used to add specificity to the 'betrayal' sentence that connected directly with the preceding paragraph. Can you figure out what those were and how it is different than Luna, Discord, and Suri? 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

It should be a device ... and it has already been a device (Discord, Luna, Suri, etc) ... though with most betrayals there eventually comes redemption. 

So I agree betrayal is important, but that's not what I said. There were a specific set of words that I used to add specificity to the 'betrayal' sentence that connected directly with the preceding paragraph. Can you figure out what those were and how it is different than Luna, Discord, and Suri? 

Again, I only want Starlight to betray the Mane Six...

On 11/4/2017 at 2:33 PM, Jeric said:

Can I get a Rarity and Twilight episode already? 

Seriously?! We already had one! It was Season's 2 "Sweet and Elite", where Rarity hangs out with Canterlot's while Trying to make a lovely dress for Twilight's birthday!

I worked hard on a blog that points out which episodes had which pairing of characters in the spotlight!

On 11/4/2017 at 8:07 PM, Chrysalium said:

Things I would like to see

- Celestia and Luna's parents

- A starlight/discord episode

- A slice of life episode about the princesses

- A few episodes about Starswirl and his team

- Chrysalis reformation done 'right' or in a way that makes sense, maybe Tirek drains her magic like he betrayed Discord or something

- Less pinkie pie, and mane 6 focus. Too much of them, they've been around for 6 years and its time for something newer, not completely getting rid of them tho

- Discord and Zecora interacting

- Zecora and Trixie interacting

- More worldbuilding / backstory on the world / better worldbuilding and backstory

- Celestia and Luna's fillyhood shown in a flashback or something

- Starlight not becoming an alicorn

- New villains

The writers aren't gonna follow any of those recommendations. The Mane Six has always been main characters since the beginning and they always will be. The only way we'll ever get such a transition is if Hasbro says so.

What I want is:

• Pinkie Pie throwing a party for the CMCs' formation's anniversary
  • At least one (maybe two) Pinkie/Fluttershy episode(s)
  • Spike helping Fluttershy befriend his dragon friends
  • Everything else, just random stuff
Edited by FirePuppy

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Seriously?! We already had one! It was Season's 2 "Sweet and Elite", where Rarity hangs out with Canterlot's while Trying to make a lovely dress for Twilight's birthday!

I worked hard on a blog that points out which episodes had which pairing of characters in the spotlight!

Oh yay. You quoted me with an exclamation as an attempt to suggest I wasn't being genuine with my thoughts. Before I insert the appropriate snarky comment ... I feel it important to remind you that I am an intelligent adult and I can come to my own conclusions on what I want to see or not see in this show.  

Now on with my counter argument 

the-force-awakens-55-gif-luke-wtf-watch-

Not a staring character of the film he was in.

e4e50d53b9f53f749ebc216b38bee3bb93813fdb

Not a staring character of Season One Finale. 

source.gif

Not a staring character in the episode he makes his big first appearance. 

You see the connection I'm making here right? A little exaggerated, but it's still extremely valid. Twilight doesn't show up until 12 minuets and 20 seconds into the episode. In a 22 minute episode that is half the running time without the character. When she shows up she shares dialog with four other Mane Six characters. In fact from that time stamp, let's look at their line count break down

Rarity - 32 lines

Twilight - 12 lines

Pinkie - 6 lines

Rainbow - 5 lines

Fluttershy - 4 lines

Applejack - 3 lines 

Still don't know where I'm going with this? Well ... maybe one day I'll get some actual Twilight in my RariTwi episode. Less than half the lines after showing up in the third act doesn't make for a good co-staring role. 

TL;DR - Yep, really. 

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

worked hard on a blog that points out which episodes had which pairing of characters in the spotlight!

Good writing happens in revision. :)

• Brohoof 3

Sweet and Elite is about as much of a RariTwi episode as Sonic Rainboom was a RariDash episode, AKA not at all

Sweet And Elite focuses a ton on Rarity and Twilight doesn't show up until the end of the episode, and even then it's still focuses most on Rarity

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

Sweet and Elite is about as much of a RariTwi episode as Sonic Rainboom was a RariDash episode, AKA not at all

Right. The first true RariDash episode was Rarity Investigates, and it showcases what dual role episodes can be when they are done correctly. Both characters are essential to the plot progression and/or conflict. Both characters have decent individual lines and moments, and both characters play off each other's unique traits and personality in away that wouldn't be possible with any other character. 

I waited five season for a good episode with two of the most dynamic 'dreamer' characters on the show and it delivered really well. I want the same thing with Twilight and Rarity. Also, I'll take another RariDash episode too because that was kinda fun! 

• Brohoof 4

10 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Oh yay. You quoted me with an exclamation as an attempt to suggest I wasn't being genuine with my thoughts. Before I insert the appropriate snarky comment ... I feel it important to remind you that I am an intelligent adult and I can come to my own conclusions on what I want to see or not see in this show.  

Now on with my counter argument 

the-force-awakens-55-gif-luke-wtf-watch-

Not a staring character of the film he was in.

e4e50d53b9f53f749ebc216b38bee3bb93813fdb

Not a staring character of Season One Finale. 

source.gif

Not a staring character in the episode he makes his big first appearance. 

You see the connection I'm making here right? A little exaggerated, but it's still extremely valid. Twilight doesn't show up until 12 minuets and 20 seconds into the episode. In a 22 minute episode that is half the running time without the character. When she shows up she shares dialog with four other Mane Six characters. In fact from that time stamp, let's look at their line count break down

Rarity - 32 lines

Twilight - 12 lines

Pinkie - 6 lines

Rainbow - 5 lines

Fluttershy - 4 lines

Applejack - 3 lines 

Still don't know where I'm going with this? Well ... maybe one day I'll get some actual Twilight in my RariTwi episode. Less than half the lines after showing up in the third act doesn't make for a good co-staring role. 

TL;DR - Yep, really. 

Good writing happens in revision. :)

Well, you don't have to rub it in with that :) icon! :okiedokieloki:

Sweet and Elite was the closest we ever got to the 2 Mane Unicorns being in the spotlight! Did you even READ my blog?! I very clearly stated in my first entry what constitutes being in the spotlight! We must take what we can get, even if the episode doesn't feature Twilight for most of the episode. Heck, Rarity runs between the two parties like a guy who has 2 dates at the same time with Fancy pants as one date and Twilight as the other date. Essentially, it WAS a Rarity and Twilight episode!

Your Argument is invalid! 

Seriously, does anyone even care about me and what I say anymore? Some people can have such closed minds, that they fail to see the possibilities that a guy like me can see. It hurts!

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I'll take another RariDash episode too because that was kinda fun! 

I still want that "Rarity takes RD to a beauty pageant episode :P

• Brohoof 3

Ideas I'd like to see in any of the following seasons:

- Earth Pony Villain (as in season premiere/finale villain).
- CMC + SS&DT graduation day.

Ideas I like for Season 8 which have already been suggested:

- SugarMac progress.
- Lightning Dust's return.
- End of Sparity.
- Spike's origin.

• Brohoof 1