Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favorite pony gets victimized, but doesn't want you taking revenge. Do you listen?

KillerKingBakudan

She's minding her own business one day when all of a sudden, she gets attacked and critically injured by some random thug stallion for no reason. When you see her at the hospital and ask her who did it, she refuses to identify him out of fear that you're going to do something terrible. She insists that you let the authorities deal with him. But you're having too hard a time letting it go. You look for witnesses until one pony gives you a detailed description on what the stallion looks like. Especially his cutie mark.

You see your favorite pony again, only to find out that someone told her about the witness you spoke to. Then she gives you an ultimatum. If you pursue this stallion any further, she'll cut off her friendship with you. You won't be welcomed back in her life anymore. And in hopes of ensuring it doesn't come to that, she's even asked other friends of hers to keep tabs on you until the stallion is prosecuted. You won't even be able to hire a bounty hunter without her knowing about it.

Would you say she was being irrational? What do you do?

I'm willing to go the extra mile for family, not friends. If my sister was critically injured, I would hunt her attacker to the ends of the earth and personally drag their sorry ass to hell. Friends are different because they aren't guaranteed to be with you your whole life. As much as I'd be willing to hunt down their attacker, if they told me no then I would oblige... but I would try at the very least to get their attacker arrested.

It depends on what kind of revenge she doesn't want me to get. Does she want me to not attack him physically or does she not want me to report him? Either way, I would try to rationalize with her before doing anything. 

14 hours ago, PuddingPonyPal said:

It depends on what kind of revenge she doesn't want me to get. Does she want me to not attack him physically or does she not want me to report him? Either way, I would try to rationalize with her before doing anything. 

That's a civic responsibility, not an act of revenge.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

thing is I was the victimised pony - but not on physical abuse levels. I was being told to get out of my relationship (years and years ago btw) by the friend that had introduced us two. We had a major falling out over it then blocked each other.

Same thing happened again but swapped, I was telling her to get out then we had an argument over her getting a dog and argh it ended in disaster and we never spoke until last year. Now we're good because both the partner  and dog responsbility issues are gone and we can be friends again.

So to answer your question, yes I would confront the issue of my close friend. If it goes south with our friendship then let it do so. one day one side will come back to apologise and the other will be forgiving. Especially if a long amount of time has passed and you've both had that time to grow up and learn from mistakes. I certainly did.

• 3 months later...

Assuming that I have a favorite pony (which I don’t), I wouldn’t even bother with this whole revenge scheme. It’s their problem. Let them deal with it themselves if they feel confidant enough to handle their victimization all on their own.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...