Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pikmin Thread

Will Guide

Doesn't seem have a Pikmin thread, so I started one. 

Out of the 3 main Pikmin Games, Pikmin 3 I think has the right balance of # of days time limit. The first game, you only had 30 days to find all 30 ship pieces. In the 2nd game, you have as many days as you need to pay off the in-game debt.

But Pikmin 3 only gives you more time as long as you keep finding food. It's not as pressuring as the first game, nor is the limit nonexistent like in the 2nd. So the pressure is balanced.

So any other Pikmin fans out there?

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a fan of Pikmin, but a fan of Nintendo yes, never could play Pikmin 1 or 2, but Pikmin 3 at least is a very good game, enjoyable as possible and with an excellent duration, long enough to feel complete but not so long as to get boring :)

• Brohoof 1

I only managed to play Pikman 1 with a friend for about a day. I had a really good time. I'm sure the series is great, and I wish I played through it. Unfortunately, I spent my Christmas money on other GameCube games.

I've only ever played the first Pikmin game in its entirety while watching Let's Plays of the sequels. I don't know why I never invested in the series beyond the first game but it's something I really should change one day.

The first time I played a Pikmin game was the last time I played one. Remember those McDonalds that had GameCubes in the play areas? Well one of them had Pikmin 2 playing, and I hadn't the foggiest clue as to what I was doing. Though I thought it was a pretty cool game, I wanted my own copy but I forgot what it was called so I never got it. Now I could easily get it if I wanted but it would have to be emulated, because my GameCube's time has come. Though I'd rather watch YouTubers play it to be honest... I like watching them freak out when they have a wipe, or if there isn't enough time.

18 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I've only ever played the first Pikmin game in its entirety while watching Let's Plays of the sequels. I don't know why I never invested in the series beyond the first game but it's something I really should change one day.

I dunno either, as I'd buy an used Pikmin 2 MANY YEARS LATER (about 8 years ago, but it's still a long time ago since it's release as the WII's life cycle was ending). I haven't nor plan to buy Pikmin 3 however, as I won't buy a console I don't want for one game, but hopefully it gets released on the Switch. Bought Hey Pikmin, it's not that great, but enough to sate my Pikmin hunger. I think I should show some of it's soundtracks as I believe they'll go under the radar due to the game

10 hours ago, Snow Frostflame said:

The first time I played a Pikmin game was the last time I played one. Remember those McDonalds that had GameCubes in the play areas? Well one of them had Pikmin 2 playing, and I hadn't the foggiest clue as to what I was doing. Though I thought it was a pretty cool game, I wanted my own copy but I forgot what it was called so I never got it. Now I could easily get it if I wanted but it would have to be emulated, because my GameCube's time has come. Though I'd rather watch YouTubers play it to be honest... I like watching them freak out when they have a wipe, or if there isn't enough time.

Actually there's a Wii port available for both 1 and 2. Also, the Wii ports are available on Wii U eShop for $20.

4 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Actually there's a Wii port available for both 1 and 2. Also, the Wii ports are available on Wii U eShop for $20.

I own nothing Nintendo anymore, aside from my 2DS. I've thought about it for awhile, but I'm still unsure about the Switch, and the Wii U is practically obsolete because of the Switch. If I really wanted to play these games, I'd probably emulate them... or more than likely get the repainted version for laughs.