Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I am so sorry

BiBoB

You're probably thinking "for what?'

Well.. I've been one of those who was hating on this show, and I'm so sorry about that

One of my friends see mlp sometimes, and I have decided to give it a go, and see ONE episode. I saw season 7 episode 13 I think, with a apple pony and a pear pony who felt in love and got these 3 kids, and their parents wasnt happy about that.. and to be honest, it was pretty good, and real some how.

I'm a 19years old guy who find it hard to share a tear, but when I saw this episode with these ponies falling in love but their families hate each other.. damn.. and that song the pear pony sang? Thats the first time in so long I actually wanted to make a tear.. it was between sadness and happiness, because it reminded me about a girl for long time ago..

The truth is that I'm really sorry for hating on mlp. I didnt know that it could be so damn touching, cute and real.. I'm sorry that I have called the show and those who see it for many cruel things

I'm not asking for forgiveness.. Its just, I'm feeling bad because of it, and wanted to get it out, u know..

Sorry for bad english tho

• Brohoof 8

Don't worry about it! I know that many fans of the show originally disliked mlp and the fandom in general. Ask around, and a lot of people will tell you that.

No need to be sorry, we forgive you!:)

• Brohoof 5

That episode is a national treasure. Seriously though, it's one of the best and my personal favorite. I'm glad you enjoyed it and were touched by it. 

• Brohoof 9

I agree with @Rhythm Red , most of us have been confused by bronies and/or just didn't like bronies as a whole. And I would agree that it's kind of hard to understand in the beginning, and everyone makes judgments whether they want to or not! So don't blame yourself so hard, we all understand!

Edited by Bronylicious Wannabe
  • Brohoof 4

You're totally forgiven. :) You're not the first to change your mind about something like this, and you won't be the last. Your strength is impressive; I imagine changing your mode of thought wasn't easy.

• Brohoof 5

58 minutes ago, BiBoB said:

Well.. I've been one of those who was hating on this show, and I'm so sorry about that

One of my friends see mlp sometimes, and I have decided to give it a go, and see ONE episode. I saw season 7 episode 13 I think, with a apple pony and a pear pony who felt in love and got these 3 kids, and their parents wasnt happy about that.. and to be honest, it was pretty good, and real some how.

I'm a 19years old guy who find it hard to share a tear, but when I saw this episode with these ponies falling in love but their families hate each other.. damn.. and that song the pear pony sang? Thats the first time in so long I actually wanted to make a tear.. it was between sadness and happiness, because it reminded me about a girl for long time ago..

The truth is that I'm really sorry for hating on mlp. I didnt know that it could be so damn touching, cute and real.. I'm sorry that I have called the show and those who see it for many cruel things

I'm not asking for forgiveness.. Its just, I'm feeling bad because of it, and wanted to get it out, u know..

Seriously just ONE episode won you over and it's that one? :o

Wow, if it truly did that on your only pick, The Perfect Pear truly is the one of the most perfect episodes that any cartoon show has ever done! :D

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 10

There's nothing to apologize for. FiM is certainly a cut above older My Little Pony generations, but there are comparably better cartoons out there right now. FiM just has a very proportionately large fan base that goes way beyond it's target demographic.  You might find that a lot of the people on this forum don't even watch the show anymore so even if you don't continue to ride that appreciation after now, you might still be able to appreciate our community.

The Perfect Pear is probably the emotionally nuclear option for introducing someone to FiM, but it is a very good episode nonetheless. I hope you keep watching though. There are a lot of incredible episodes you haven't seen yet.

15 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

There's nothing to apologize for. It's certainly a cut above older My Little Pony generations, but there are comparably better cartoons out there right now. FiM just has a very proportionately large fan base that goes way beyond it's target demographic.  You might find that a lot of the people on this forum don't even watch the show anymore. The Perfect Pear is probably the emotionally nuclear option for introducing someone to FiM, but it is a very good episode nonetheless. I hope you keep watching though. There are a lot of incredible episodes you haven't seen yet.

I disagree with that, I have many issues with other cartoons that mlp doesn't share

Anyway, no big deal OP, mlp Is one of the best cartoons out there right now.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, BiBoB said:

LOL, YOU'VE WATCHED ONE OF THE LATEST TOP PONY EPISODES EVER :D. Dude, you could've watched A Canterlot Wedding instead :dash:. Well, welcome to the forums anyways, and don't worry about your pony hater history, you are very far from the first with this case ;)

• Brohoof 1

Hi! You just watched "The Perfect Pear," one of the show's most emotionally powerful episodes. Usually, the depth is a bit more subtle, and the tone more humorous, but as you have realized, it's a very accomplished production at its best, and isn't the childish glorified commercial it might seem to be on the surface. I won't pretend that My Little Pony is for everyone, and I certainly don't think it's the best cartoon around (though I don't actually know what else is out there), but it is a real show made by talented people. Glad you enjoyed! 

• Brohoof 2

I think you picked a great first episode. Glad you enjoyed it!

I admit, I hated all things related to My Little Pony for my entire childhood, up till I was about 16 when I finally gave the show a chance. I too realized the error of my ways when I saw the episode Castle Mane-ia from the fourth season. Now I'm almost 20, a bigger fan than ever. Don't feel bad... lots of us felt the same way as you before finally discovering the show!

Welcome to our little community here. Maybe we can inspire you to take a further look at all My Little Pony has to offer. :)

• Brohoof 1

No need to sorry or anything, it's the perfect reaction of someone who first watch this show, I actually despised this show and teased my friend for liking this show for months:please: and now I am obsessed to this show more than that guy :blush: Now, I am reformed :), I love the show and the community, they are awesome.

The show is far from perfect, but to me, it's the only western cartoon that I am actually dedicated for last 3 years.

• 2 years later...

Y'know what.. you made a mistake, and thats okay, because everyone makes mistakes and people learn from them, and you was one of the people who made a mistake and learnt from it and actually decided to give the show a chance. I'm pretty sure we all forgive you.

well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone has the right to like whatever they like. "freedom of speech" and all that right? but I'm glad that you are using that in a more constructive way instead of just getting advantage of the system to simply hate.

Welcome, dude. 

• 11 months later...

I find it interesting that people reply to these personal threads in the expectation that the OP is still around. It happened 3 years ago and replying to a personal question that old seems strange to me.

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...
On 2021-09-02 at 4:32 PM, -HeedGreen- said:

I find it interesting that people reply to these personal threads in the expectation that the OP is still around. It happened 3 years ago and replying to a personal question that old seems strange to me.

I just like to give my opinion anyway. It might help someone who is not the OP.

• Brohoof 1