spoiler Possible 44 Minute Holiday Special!

FlareGun45

Alright so the emails mentioned something about 44 minute specials, one being the new Equestria Girls, and the other being a Hearth's Warming special! Well, it seems that we have a hint about a Hearth's Warming coming at the end of the year or sometime in the beginning of next year! Yes, this is FiM we're talking about, not Equestria Girls! ;)

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2018/01/mike-vogel-may-be-behind-upcoming-44.html

So anyone have a clue on what it might be about?

Since Sombra and Grogar seem to be the villains of season 9, my guess will be that Tirek and Scorpan story we've been waiting for! What makes a better holiday special than brothers uniting?

:D 

• Brohoof 1

Darn it. I don't want to spoil the upcoming season from myself, but I just can't keep my nose out of those juicy spoiler boxes! Should remind myself what happened in last 200 times when I took a sneak peek and immediately regret that I ruined book/movie/tv series/game for good...

I can't risking to open that link, but if Holiday special is really going to happen IT'S ABOUT TIME. I don't understand why there haven't be one earlier.

7 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Yes, this is FiM we're talking about, not Equestria Girls! ;)

Aww! I thought it would be an Equestria Girls Hearth's Warming special. :(

I mean, I *love* the ponies but an Equestria Girls Hearth's Warming would've been a nice change for once, IMO.

Especially, since we already have three HW episodes with the ponies.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

This would be MLP's first feature holiday special that isn't 22 mins, it's going to be interesting what holiday related conflict the ponies will find themselves in because they've already done the cliche "A Christmas Carol" themed episode already, maybe this time the writers are going to have to come up with an actual original plot-line for the episode instead. :dry:   

49 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

This would be MLP's first feature holiday special that isn't 22 mins, it's going to be interesting what holiday related conflict the ponies will find themselves in because they've already done the cliche "A Christmas Carol" themed episode already, maybe this time the writers are going to have to come up with an actual original plot-line for the episode instead. :dry:   

Original? They've done that twice before with Hearth's Warming Eve stories so it should be old hat by now. 

• Brohoof 1

Like a challenge where each of the Mane 6 have to resolve issues with a character or characters they still have some animosity against. 

Edited by Singe

Will it involve Shining Armor who needs to buy Turbo Mare for Flurry? Maybe we'll get Spike home alone. Are gremlins still a thing? How about Rainbow Dash: Fly Hard? Nah, we'll just get Starlight going through stages of hypothermia while an old man's voice will run us through the signs and symptoms for 44 min. Fans, haters, parents, everyone will be happy!

Ever since Hearthsbreakers I've always kind of wanted the show to explore how other ponies celebrate the holidays and in different ways. That's always been my favorite part of a holiday episode (the Blue's Clues one comes to mind most for me) It can help to show world build organically and expand on Hearthsbreakers just without all the compensation of traditions. Just let the audience journey around Ponyville.

1 hour ago, King of Canterlot said:

I've never understood the animosity toward making "A Christmas Carol" adaptation. Besides, when was the last time the Scrooge-character was legitimately a threat to society (and not just one poor boy's family). And before you say "well that's missing the point of the original" I mean that's the point of an adaptation. I don't see several people accusing "Perfect Pear" of missing the Tragedy point of R&J. 

• Brohoof 2