Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite movie scene?

King of Canterlot

This question is a pretty straightforward one, what's your favorite movie scene? And for what reasons?

My all time favorite movie scene comes from the movie V for Vendetta, when the citizens rise up and overthrow the oppressive government. The scene is best summed up in this comment from the video, "The way I see it, it's a symbol for the power of the people. V doesn't even exist, he is the revolutionary ability inside all of us. What blew up Parliament was the masses at the gates, the bomb was just for show."  

Post your favorite movie scenes below, I'd love to see them! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

One of my favorites is from K-On! The Movie, with the taxi ride at the end. It's beautifully animated, and perfectly quiet, capturing the feeling and essence of going back after a long trip away from home. I can't find any clips on YouTube, but trust me it's incredible. 

I love the scene from Zootopia with Judy arriving on Train into the city. It's a great introduction to the city itself, and "Try Everything" playing in the background is just icing on the cake. It's visually captivating, and sets the rest of the mood for the movie perfectly.

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 2

I have so many favorite scenes. Here's one off the top of my head, the Bride of Death scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 4

Batman Begins - Batman hide and attack, Man shout where are you with Batman say here behind him, then kick bunch of bad guys' a**** and end with I'm Batman and say to homeless man 'Nice Coat' that my favorite movie sence with favorite movie quote.

• Brohoof 1

The ending to Rocky (1976); one of the best little love moments in cinema history and showing that being victorious doesn't always mean winning.

• Brohoof 3

The lightsaber finale of Return of the Jedi is one of the most powerful I've ever seen and the height of Star Wars.

This one from Tangled is just an emotional powerhouse too. I almost can't watch either of the clips shown here because they make me too emotional. 

• Brohoof 4

The lightsaber duel from my favorite Star Wars film, The Empire Strikes Back. The most famous plot twist in the series is in this scene so beware if you haven't seen it but plan to. ;)

The "wax on, wax off" scene from The Karate Kid.

And finally, Will and Elizabeth's wedding in Pirates of the Caribbean 3--in the middle of a battle. :lol:

I may think of some others, but these are just what came to mind right now.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

On 04/02/2018 at 1:16 AM, Flutterstep said:

The song, the cinematography...the song!!! :pinkie:

Awesome moment to say the least.

That's the scene I was going to put :D 

Guess I'll put my second favourite instead (spoilers for Pirates of the Caribbean if you still haven't seen it):

Love how calm he is walking down those stairs as the ship explodes around him, such a great villain death.

Edited by Battenberg
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/4/2018 at 1:16 AM, Flutterstep said:

Easily this scene :fluttershy:

Explicit Warning!!!

The song, the cinematography...the song!!! :pinkie:

Awesome moment to say the least.

The whole scene is great, A perfect mixture of Free bird with the excellent cinematography- I've watched the scene so many times I've lost count!

• Brohoof 2

After watching all of the previous films up to this point, that group shot was something I was dying to see

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I forgot

$

The scene in Spider Man Homecoming where Peter lifts up the roof under him

A great Homage to one of the best moments in the comics

Screen_Shot_2017_07_10_at_4.52.00_PM.0.png

• Brohoof 1

These are a few select scenes from I Kill Giants. Not the best scenes actually (couldn't find them on Youtube), but you can't really go wrong. The whole movie is one 'best scene.'

• Brohoof 1