Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What Would You Guys Consider The Saddest Moments In Animation?

ultrairongorilla

What would you guys consider to be the saddest moments in animation?  Adventure Time, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Hey Arnold and Steven Universe definitely had their fair share of sad moments. Adventure Time's Lemonhope episode I couldn't stop thinking about a week after I watched it. 

• Brohoof 1

Whenever someone dies I am sad. They have to be a main character though. Other moments, like when someone reveals some sort of sad backstory. Just about everything listed above and more has made me sad.

27 minutes ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Adventure Time's Lemonhope episode I couldn't stop thinking about a week after I watched it.

Now that you reminded me of that I feel a bit sad again. But it's not a bad sadness. Adventure Time really has a lot of such moments - like the ending of Princess Cookie or many things about Simon.

Also, Pixar has a lot of this. One of the saddest examples for me:

• Brohoof 2

• Dinobot's death as Code of Hero concluded.
  • Picture Momentos from Up:
  • Mufasa's death from The Lion King.
  • As for something more recent (and related to FIM), Moondancer's gut-wrenching rant at Twilight. First time I ever cried from the show.
  • Brohoof 8

4 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

As for something more recent (and related to FIM), Moondancer's gut-wrenching rant at Twilight. First time I ever cried from the show.

For me it was when Twilight Sparkle's friends left her at the end of "A Canterlot Wedding: Part 1". :(

Edited by Sparklefan1234

This right here is the saddest moment in all of animation for me. It is such an underrated scene and for me, waaaaay more sad than Mufasa's death, though that one is sad too of course. This scene tore me up when I was little and to this day, it still gets me pretty badly.

The facial expressions, his mom trying to get back up, Littlefoot clearly not understanding what is happening, and then the end of the scene where she stops talking...Damn it. Even simply thinking of it has me feeling emotional.

Then of course, this scene from Attack on Titan, another mother death actually. Why must these be so prominent? :( It is a powerful scene though. The shots are great, like when Eren is desperately trying to lift the wooden planks, it shows the sheer desperation of the characters. The music is also iconic and powerful in this scene.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not sure I can narrow it down to just one saddest moment. Here are some of the biggest tearjerkers, though:

- The Legend of Korra: Hiroshi Sato reuniting with his estranged daughter Asami and sacrificing his life for her sake.

- Death Note: L's Death. Closely followed by his tender scene with Light on a rooftop in the rain.

- Star Wars Rebels: Every scene in which Ahsoka faces the reality of what happened to her former master Anakin.

- Fate/Zero: Rider and Waver Velvet's parting scene, the flashbacks to Kiritsugu Emiya's tragic past, and Kariya Matou's death with Sakura by his side.

- MLP FiM: The scene in Magical Mystery Cure with the song "I've Got to Find a Way," Moondancer's emotional rant at the party Twilight & friends set up for her, and Starlight Glimmer's reformation.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much anything to do with Marceline in Adventure Time. I don't know how I forget to keep mentioning this series, but ALL the back stories of the Straw Hat crew in the anime One Piece. Jesus Christ, Robin, Chopper, and Nami had it the absolute worst. I seriously challenge anyone to watch their back stories and not cry.

Edited by ultrairongorilla

good Celestia, let's see now. This is from my memory banks right now, but there will be many many more - I have seen sooooo much animation in my life so far. All the scenes (i can remember) in animation that made me cry:

The Wild Thornberries - Rebecca's death.

Watership down (original film) - Hazel's passing.

The LIon King - Mufasa (obviously)

When Marnie was there - Marnie's reveal and when Ana leaves the town.

The Animals of Farthing Wood - Badger's passing

The Land Before Time - Littlefoot's Mum's death

Steven Universe - Lars

Tangled - Flynn's death

Bolt - The fire scene when Penny tells Bolt that he's her "good boy" and Mittens' story

Toy Story 3 - Andy leaves for college

Up - The intro (of course)

Wreck it Ralph - Ralph destroys Vanelope's car.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - Toothless is forced to kill

That's all I can think of right now. i may come back to this thread with more!

1 hour ago, Crystal Peppermint said:

I remember going to see Kung Fu Panda 2, and it really caught me off guard of how dark it was. Probably the closest I ever came to crying in a theater.

Futurama had a TON of sad moments, like Jurassic Bark, Luck Of The Fryish, Meanwhile, Bender's Big Score, Lethal Inspection's massive twist ending, and Game of Tones. Everybody knows how infamous Jurassic Bark was. Futurama never failed to tear me up. I spoiler tagged the Lethal Inspection ending video just in case.

Spoiler