Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship is Imperialism?

Karnak

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry  But I can't stop laughing, people on YouTube and other sites are now misinterpreting the song "Friendship Always Wins" . They literally believe that the song is about spreading Equestrian culture to all kingdoms(I'm not kidding) 

"We will spread it across the world"

Yes, long live the Twilight Empire. 

How is spreading friendship, imperialism!?

Equestria is the most non aggressive kingdom I've seen. They arnt The British Empire or for better comparison, The Spanish Empire spreading belief by force.

The last thing Twilight or ANY pony wants is to conquer any creature.

Edited by Karnak

That's probably taking it a step too far, and this song seems inoffensive to me, but I've always been annoyed with how often the show depicts friendship and harmony as a specifically pony thing. I don't even know how the griffon society developed without friendship, and if it were anything less obviously good than "friendship," I think it would be really irksome that multiple episodes involve non-pony species being bettered by adopting pony values. Which, again, isn't necessarily the case here, but I don't think the show is above such implications. 

• Brohoof 2

EQ is sort of like the Federation in Star Trek.  The Borg TALK about "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated." but the Federation is the one that DOES it. Just ask the Klingons. IMO, EQ is the same. Just ask Discord, the Crystal Empire or the Changelings.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, sweetolebob18 said:

EQ is sort of like the Federation in Star Trek.  The Borg TALK about "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated." but the Federation is the one that DOES it. Just ask the Klingons. IMO, EQ is the same. Just ask Discord, the Crystal Empire or the Changelings.

Yes and no. The Federation Charter requires that non-Federation worlds apply. They are somewhat flexible toward certain cultural elements that would be unpalatable to other Federation worlds. Then there is the Prime Directive. Non-interference in pre-warp civilizations is a standard. 

I do consider the spreading of a cultural ideas like friendship to be similar to sharing cultural elements with other societies, another function of the UFoP.

Also, @Prospekt was it you that predicted this topic a few days ago? I know someone did in one of the season 8 threads. 

Friendship is NOT just for ponies! Why do you think they're allowing a Dragon, a Griffon, a Changeling, a Hippogriff, AND a Yak (in addition to an average pony) attending a multi-race school of Friendship?

The problem is not in friendship but in the pattern where every non-pone faction gets mildly successful only after they meet ponies. There are no grand adventures and tribulations to be had in a world where grand pony ideas are never successfully challenged.

But muh title. I reject the message of the title altogether and prognosticate utter failure to achieve greater gains if H-Bro continues this path in G5 despite their unofficial directive shift. Would you like to know more?

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Jeric said:

Also, @Prospekt was it you that predicted this topic a few days ago? I know someone did in one of the season 8 threads. 

Nah, that must have been someone else. But I did bring up the fact that:

Spoiler

Season 8 is going to introduce some new characters from all over Equestria and beyond as students at the School of Friendship.

And I did expect some backlash, which is apparently already happening according to the OP.

The point is, friendship transcends all culture all empires, all of it. Twilight isn't trying to build her own empire, annex other creatures and indoctrinate them! 

I swear people keep forgetting, this is a TV Y show! Its about friendship not conflicting ideals.

And one more thing

This is a GREAT idea! Remember, the ponies were once divided and hated eachother, only reason they didn't try to destroy the other was because things the other had they needed.

Really Friendship created the Equestria we see now, Things like community, teamwork ect would greatly benefit everycreature and create much better kingdoms, heck perhaps even rival Equestria in beauty.

In the end the Greed that consumed dragons and griffons will be replaced, imagine every creature!!

Griffons: Nobility and friendship replaces  greed

Dragons: Generosity and friendship replaces greed

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:07 AM, ShootingStar159 said:

People have been saying stuff like this since season five and the map table, some people just want something to complain about.

Funny, this reminds me of 'Fame and Misfortune'.

(edited)

Friendship isn’t just a pony thing. It’s an idea that all the races in the MLP world can adopt in order to better themselves. The ponies embody the idea of friendship best, and want to spread its magic all over the world.

People won’t be able to convince me that an entire race trying to avoid friendship is a good thing, either. ;) 

Edited by Rhythm Red
Poor grammar, lol
  • Brohoof 2

27 minutes ago, Rhythm Red said:

Friendship isn’t just a pony thing. It’s an idea that all the races in the MLP world can adopt in order to better themselves. The ponies embody the idea of friendship best, and want to spread its magic all over the world.

People won’t be able to convince me that an entire race trying to avoid friendship is a good thing, either. ;) 

Both Dragons and Griffons will benefit greatly from it.

The absence of friendship prevents the races from archiving greatness.

Dragons have strength and numbers as do Griffons, but lack the one thing that would make nations rival Equestria.

community

• Brohoof 1