Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst TV show you've seen?

Nah

A few shows not mentioned here that are on Adult Swim that I sorta enjoy...

American Dad (better than newer episodes of Family Guy IMO)

Robot Chicken

Metalocalypse

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I loved Barney!

Then again at that age I loved Nsync and The Backstreet Boys...

Metalocalypse. YES!

So does that make Family Guy the new Spongebob then? Because I've found that show to be spiraling down lately!

I've noticed this too, unfortunately. Family Guy is mah most favorite show ever, not even FiM can beat it for me, but this last season hasn't come near to the enjoyment I've had with earlier seasons. Thankfully, Family Guy has a ton of episodes for me to rewatch, so its not all that bad

As for worst TV show I've ever seen, I really don't know. All I watch are Family Guy, MLP:FiM, some other stuff, and I'm starting to really like South Park :), so that too

Anything on Disney channel or Disney XD

No Disney XD has one good show, being the Avengers cartoon that is fucking amazing. Anyway the worst would be iCarly my God that show...

Phineas & Ferb.

Oh,God,Phineas & Ferb.It's always the same,damn recycled plot.Nothing new happens.The songs and the voices are annoying too.

The Looney Tunes Show

What have those bastards done to my favorite childhood cartoons?So damn sitcom-esque!!!

I actually think Phineas and Ferb is pretty good. I love Perry!

But I am with you on The Looney Toons Show. I don't understand why they had to make that. I like how even more effeminate and funny Daffy is, but what makes me hate that show with a fiery passion is what they did to Lola. They made her into a complete unlikeable ditz who is obsessed with Bugs. She was such an awesome strong female character before, and they just completely ruined her.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Fanboy and Chumchum that I can understand but Adventure Time? For some reason It's difficult to fathom that notion.

I guess i dont really enjoy it maybe not the worse but meh i dont like it.

(edited)

Controversy Time!

I know I'm in a very drastic minority here, but I sincerely think Seinfeld is the word television show ever created...at least of the shows I've seen. I'm relatively sure with some searching I could find something worse (much like I consider Revenge of the Fallen the worst movie I've ever seen but acknowledge that there's probably worse out there).

I've tried several times to give the show a go to see if I could figure out what nearly everyone likes about it so much but I just can't. I just don't find any of the humour funny whatsoever and I find the characters painfully annoying. I can't even get myself to sit through a whole episode, and not for lack of trying.

EDIT: Actually, scratch everything I just said. I totally forgot about Jersey Shore (probably through subconscious repression). Jersey Shore wins indefinitely as worst show ever.

Edited by ErBoi
  • Brohoof 1

Oh...where do i start

1.) New spongebob

2.) The loiter squad (On adult swim incase no one knows this)

3.) Tim and Eric awesome show

4.) Johnny Test (Copies about every thing including Titanic, scooby doo, etc)

5.) All disney channel shows (Except Thats so Raven, Good luck charlie, Jessie, Proud family, emperors new school)

6.) Big Time Rush

7.) 16 & Pregnant (Stupid teens preggers and wanting attention, whores)

8.) Jersey Shore (sluts, fake people, and idiots)

9.) Cleveland show (Cleveland deserves to be on family guy still)

10.) 2 and a half men

11.) Dr. Steve brule (On adult swim)

and thats all i can think of

(Sorry to offend some of you, this is just my opinion)

Phineas & Ferb.

Oh,God,Phineas & Ferb.It's always the same,damn recycled plot.Nothing new happens.The songs and the voices are annoying too.

The Looney Tunes Show

What have those bastards done to my favorite childhood cartoons?So damn sitcom-esque!!!

Totally agree, Looney Tunes show isnt funny, bugs is NEVER mature and calm, and no...they dont live in a house together and shit and i HATE phineas and ferb...same shit everytime "Mom, phineas and ferb are..blablablabla"

(edited)

Oh...where do i start

1.) New spongebob

2.) The loiter squad (On adult swim incase no one knows this)

3.) Tim and Eric awesome show

4.) Johnny Test (Copies about every thing including Titanic, scooby doo, etc)

5.) All disney channel shows (Except Thats so Raven, Good luck charlie, Jessie, Proud family, emperors new school)

6.) Big Time Rush

7.) 16 & Pregnant (Stupid teens preggers and wanting attention, whores)

8.) Jersey Shore (sluts, fake people, and idiots)

9.) Cleveland show (Cleveland deserves to be on family guy still)

10.) 2 and a half men

11.) Dr. Steve brule (On adult swim)

and thats all i can think of

(Sorry to offend some of you, this is just my opinion)

Totally agree, Looney Tunes show isnt funny, bugs is NEVER mature and calm, and no...they dont live in a house together and shit and i HATE phineas and ferb...same shit everytime "Mom, phineas and ferb are..blablablabla"

I agree with you completely... damn terrible shows, especially 16 and pregnant. Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)
  • Brohoof 1

Jersey Shore is a terrible show (and made the people who starred them look like ugly idiots), but I can name at least one show that was worse:

Posted Image

This show aired for several seasons on The Learning Channel. The most terrible thing about this show is the fact that the eight kids were involved when they shouldn't be. The eight kids were basically working in the show as secondary stars with Jon and Kate as the main "characters." They took advantage of the kids, and it's just heartbreaking that they sold themselves to this stupid reality show. Then the divorce came, and I believe this show was solely responsible for the decimation of their marriage. The Learning Channel took a major hit in their rep as a result of airing reality shows such as this one. Disgraceful!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

ANY AND ALL ANIME.

Any reason? I'm always curious about people who say they like animation, and then turn around and say they hate, as you put it...

"ANY AND ALL ANIME".

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Any reason? I'm always curious about people who say they like animation, and then turn around and say they hate, as you put it...

"ANY AND ALL ANIME".

It's not "real" animation, in my opinion. I mean, as an example, compare the mouth movements of an anime character and an American cartoon character. Anime characters don't talk, they flap their lips and somehow words form. However, in most American cartoons I've seen, the character's mouth movements synchronize with what their voice actors are saying. There are some other things, but I'm not gonna go into them right now.

Edited by BlueBomber

The 2 TV shows I like the least are probably Family Guy and Everybody Loves Raymond. I really don't like all the cutaway crap Family Guy does, and I had enough of idiocy like the stalling 'jokes' and the Conway Twitty crap after a while I wish it had more focus like American Dad which is actually pretty good imo, much better than FG. Everybody Loves Raymond however, is just a horrible sitcom that I hate with a passion, I'd rather not speak of it again...

• Brohoof 1

It's not "real" animation, in my opinion. I mean, as an example, compare the mouth movements of an anime character and an American cartoon character. Anime characters don't talk, they flap their lips and somehow words form. However, in most American cartoons I've seen, the character's mouth movements synchronize with what their voice actors are saying. There are some other things, but I'm not gonna go into them right now.

You do realize that your short and very nasty comment reached me via email, don't you? I have my account set to email me when someone quotes one of my posts. When you go back and edit a comment, it can't recall the email sent when the comment was first made. What you said was uncalled for, and I did not like it.

Aside from that despicable comment, the reason why anime characters mouth movements don't fit, is because they were produced in Japanese! The English dub never fits quite right.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Also, you say it's "Not real animation". That is rather a stupid statement. For the most part, the quality of anime artwork and animation is far better then even the best American cartoon.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Also, you say it's "Not real animation". That is rather a stupid statement. For the most part, the quality of anime artwork and animation is far better then even the best American cartoon.

Ha ha. Okay then.

You do realize that your short and very nasty comment reached me via email, don't you? I have my account set to email me when someone quotes one of my posts. When you go back and edit a comment, it can't recall the email sent when the comment was first made. What you said was uncalled for, and I did not like it.

Aside from that despicable comment, the reason why anime characters mouth movements don't fit, is because they were produced in Japanese! The English dub never fits quite right.

You asked, I answered. And I also don't see how it was nasty.

Even in the original Japanese versions the movements don't fit.

Edited by BlueBomber

(edited)

What is the worst TV show you've seen? do you actually have a show you hate? Well vent about how terrible it is here!

Here are the worst shows I've seen:

Victorious

iCarly

New spongebob

The clone wars (the CGI show)

Out of Jimmy's head

Anything on Disney channel or Disney XD

Wow, I almost came up with that exact list in my head when I read the title of this thread.

Edited by Strafe

(edited)

That's not quite right. Anime talking is typically animated with a single lip flap that contains 3 drawings; closed, half-open, open; cycled and perhaps re-ordered in places for the sake of emphasis. However, it's rare that they animate the mouth to actually correspond with the sounds it will be making; as in, the mouth uses different shapes for something like "ah" than it would for "oh".

Don't quote me on this, but I've read in the past that this is done both as a cost-saving measure and because the producers are aware that the material is likely to be dubbed in multiple languages. If they animated detailed lip-syncs for the original language, alternate language dubs would look even further off than they typically do.

For the most part, the quality of anime artwork and animation is far better then even the best American cartoon.

Artwork perhaps, though it varies. The animation in anime is typically not as fluid as you'd find in western animation and pays less attention to the animation 'principles' of timing, squash-and-stretch, secondary action, etc. Again, this is most likely a budget thing; anime does a lot of little things to try and create the feel that there's more motion on-screen than there really is (being particularly notorious for excessive use of camera pans).

When anime does venture into high fluidity movement, it usually comes at the cost of the finer details becoming simplified or outright disappearing. I can think of 2 very good examples of this:

1. Later episodes of Naruto, particularly those that involved Paine.

2. The latter half of the third InuYasha movie "Swords of an Honorable Ruler"; during the first half of the movie, the artwork is very detailed and the movement (while not bad) is a bit stiff. At the half-way point, this totally turns around; the detail drops but the fluidity of the movement jumps up considerably.

It should be noted that I do not dislike anime. I'm a fan of whatever shows I enjoy, whether they be anime, western cartoon or live-action. I do not, and will not, write a show off the instant I find out it's anime. However, anime is a form of limited animation and I care a lot about accuracy when discussing animation so I just wanted to get this all out. Of course there are exceptions to the rules; Madhouse and Studio Ghibli-produced anime is usually quite beautiful.

Edited by ErBoi