Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Number of times each character saved Equestria

FlareGun45

(edited)

This is a list of characters who saved Equestria in the series, and the number of times they did it!

Twilight Sparkle - Friendship is Magic, Return of Harmony, Canterlot Wedding, Crystal Empire, Twilight's Kingdom, Cutie Remark, Shadow Play, The Movie (Total: 8)

Remane Five - Friendship is Magic, Return of Harmony, Twilight's Kingdom, Shadow Play, The Movie (Total: 5)

Spike - Crystal Empire, Gauntlet of Fire, The Times They Are A Changeling (which affected the events of To Where and Back Again), The Movie (Total: 4)

Discord - Twilight's Kingdom, To Where and Back Again (Total: 2)

Starlight Glimmer - To Where and Back Again, Shadow Play (Total: 2)

Celestia and Luna - Defeating Discord the first time, defeating Sombra the first time, defeating Tirek the first time, defeating Nightmare Moon (Luna total: 3; Celestia total: 4)

Shining Armor and Cadance - Canterlot Wedding, Crystal Empire (Total: 2)

Trixie and Thorax - To Where and Back Again (Total: 1)

Sunburst - Shadow Play (Total: 1)

The Pillars - The Sirens, Shadow Play (Total: 2)

So yeah, for the Starlight haters, she is NOT taking over! The Mane Six have saved Equestria more times than Starlight, and it's gonna take alot of doing for her to catch up! Spike and Celestia even saved Equestria more times than she did!

Did I miss anything? Who do you want to save Equestria next?

S8 finale spoilers here:

You think the Student Six and CMCs will get to be the heroes of Equestria in the finale, or just heroes of the school?

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 4

Interesting information! 

Spoiler

I personally think they’ll just save the school, and then graduate it. :) Though the villain may have greater plans and attempt to conquer all of equestria as well. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, We. said:

@MegaSean45

You're forgetting Spike's heroic moment in The Equestria Games. Giant Falling cloud-turned iceburg!

Well to be fair, that wasn't really saving ALL of Equestria. This is a "saving Equestria" post! ;) I mean the princesses coulda been crushed so that might affect the balance of Equestria, but that'll take some thinking to do, they coulda survived maybe. I'll think about that one.

OH! But there is the Gauntlet of Fire! Spike did save Equestria from a potential dragon threat!

Edited by MegaSean45

3 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Well to be fair, that wasn't really saving ALL of Equestria. This is a "saving Equestria" post! ;) I mean the princesses coulda been crushed so that might affect the balance of Equestria, but that'll take some thinking to do, they coulda survived maybe. I'll think about that one.

OH! But there is the Gauntlet of Fire! Spike did save Equestria from a potential dragon threat!

Exactly.

Twilight Sparkle +1: Too Many Pinkie Pies.

Clover the Clever, Private Pansy, Smart Cookie: First Hearthwarming defeating the Windigos. (Technically did not save Equestria, but the land and societies that founded Equestria). :okiedokieloki: Technically?!!!

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

Twilight Sparkle +1: Too Many Pinkie Pies.

Clover the Clever, Private Pansy, Smart Cookie: First Hearthwarming defeating the Windigos. (Technically did not save Equestria, but the land and societies that founded Equestria). :okiedokieloki: Technically?!!!

You should have let ME say technically the founders of Equestria saved it too. I don't emulating Mud Briar.

(edited)
4 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

So yeah, for the Starlight haters, she is NOT taking over! The Mane Six have saved Equestria more times than Starlight, and it's gonna take alot of doing for her to catch up!

For Starlight taking over, it's not a matter of beating the other 5's score since they already had a headstart, but more like how often the focus is on her since her debut. Like if we eliminate the first four seasons, the other 5 and Starlight have both ended up saving all of Equestria twice. But if you also take into account just general focus, Starlight has been a major focus in almost every premier and finale of the show until School Daze (Cutie Map, Cutie Remark, Crystalling, To Where and Back Again, Celestial Advice [albeit as the subject talked about rather than the character herself], and Shadow Play), compared to the others (Cutie Map, Shadow Play, and the movie).

Edited by Marimo

No surprise that Twilight has saved Equestria more times than anyone else given that she is the 'main' main character.

• Brohoof 2

Celestia and Luna also beat Tirek, or at least were in some way involved in his first defeat.

I’m going to contest the idea that Starlight saved Equestria in Shadow Play. She saved Stygian and the Elements. But if she had kept her mouth shut, Equestria would have still been saved when they banished the Pony of Shadows.

• Brohoof 4

Kind of a longshot, but if Luna was right about the Tantabus in "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?", then we'll need to add +1 to the mane 6 as they found out the Tantabus' source of power and helped Luna releasing her guilt.

• Brohoof 2

You forgot Princess Twilight Sparkle. You know, that episode with the weeds in it. 

On 4/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, ShootingStar159 said:

Celestia and Luna also beat Tirek, or at least were in some way involved in his first defeat.

I’m going to contest the idea that Starlight saved Equestria in Shadow Play. She saved Stygian and the Elements. But if she had kept her mouth shut, Equestria would have still been saved when they banished the Pony of Shadows.

The one thing is that in addition to saving Stygian, they ended up saving the elements as well. It will depend on whether they need the elements again in the future. 

• Brohoof 1