Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a regular Brony, or an extreme Brony?

Dashy 4 Ever

I say I'm a regular Brony. I do draw Ponies one in a while, consume a lot of art from this fandom, but that's it. My life consists also of non pony parts.

eh... in the mane no :P

I went a bit crazy for the cards - must have 5K of the things now and have played CCG in 7/8 countries or so

and a bit crazy for the music too :pinkie:

Also I never thought I would be a brony for 8 yars or go to a Con etc

but in the mane I'm casual

• Brohoof 1

I would consider myself a normal brony, for now at least :laugh:. I have about 20 pieces of merchandise, but most of it is not even out in the open for everyone to see! If my whole family knew I was into MLP I would have a lot more merch and would be more open about the fact that I like a cartoon for little girls:mlp_icwudt:.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't call myself an extreme brony, I'm more of a normal one. I don't have any specific merch, I did collect blind bag ponies for a while. I do have some stickers.. But I DRAW a lot of ponies, I am superinvested in the show and have been analyzing pretty deeply into it. I consider myself a pretty solid part of the fandom!

• 1 year later...

Now, I have a lot of merch, including plushies, toys, vinyl figures, erasers, blind bags, and more. I have a whole pony shrine on my dresser. There is no way someone could enter my room and not figure out that I’m a brony. My family knows about it and I’m pretty much the “pony guy” in my family. Lol. I’m going to eventually become more of an extreme brony.

Extreme I guess xD but I'm not ashamed of it at all! Cringe culture is dead and I'm the grim reaper, I refuse to be insecure about my interests anymore :yay: 

Edited by Cherrychip

I am close to full zen brony, I don't know the names of "a few" background ponies, and I don't know all the non canonical names used for ponies unofficially named by Hasbro and rather by the fandom, but I could easily get 48/50 ponies names right and the ones I'd miss would still sound pretty damn close to the original lol... I have seen some episodes over 30 times, I can't count how many times Ive seen Rainbow Rocks, I have been to two bronycons, I would have really loved to have attended the last, I am pretty obsessed with MLP, I would say the stuff I "don't know" would be mostly related to the comics, but that follows a separate continuity, I've only read the ones I could get at my local library, IE some Christmas books and Nightmare Rarity, which was great BTW, believe the other comic is about Big Macs "date" with Luna, I actually enjoyed that one to.. but no I really haven't gotten the chance to dive into the comics but yeah I flood myself with brony content especially if it involves Starlight, lol I like to be a Starlight white knight, but no I'm addicted to many of this shows episodes, that's why I feel like listing a favorite was impossible.. but I still have one! Lol, I used to have a lot of merch, but I got rid of it, not bc I don't love this show or this fandom, it was just something I had to do, especially I dont really like the official Hasbro pony plushies that look like they were made in some sweatshop for 3 cents, the best "cheap pony plushies" come from 4DE but going to conventions has shown me just how high quality some brony craftsmanship really is. I also helped bronies by buying fan art I liked, but I had a lot of cool items that I've lost, like my Sunset Lighter lol, I spent 55 dollars on a golden Sunset Shimmer lighter casing and I lost it, it was my prized possession lol.. I love brony music, it's like when joining this fandom, I was overwhelmed by the creative outlet, there was so much to take in, so many varying artists, so much to see and hear and to read and even watch, the content never ends and probably will always keep going to at least some minor extent, I love the brony fandom but I've experienced toxic bronies, some at the con even, some bronies think it's some kind of competition or something of who loves the show the most, well I guarantee you on an emotional level you don't want to have the argument lol, but no you are completely ignoring everything the show stands for, I am far far far faaaar from being a "casual brony" but I still welcome them, some ppl have busy lives, it's enough to enjoy our fandom, and more importantly to enjoy the show and all of the positive aspects it's brought into our lives... You know a lot of the "guests" at bronycon arent bronies at all, they are there supporting their family, and or taking their children, we don't want the debate of the toxic neckbeards to deter ppl from wanting their loved ones to associate with the fandom, it's about being welcoming and friendly, not berrating some individual for not knowing who one of the background ponies is from a season from years ago, yeah most of the prevalent ones are recurring characters... That I can name to, it's just some of these bronies are like living to tell other bronies they aren't as brony as them, which is freaky and counterintuitive to the shows complete message, it's retarded, and these "bronies" are toxic (their the FRAUDS).

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-07-09 at 10:19 AM, JMTV99 said:

I consider myself a regular Brony who just a huge fan of the show. I don't want to be associate with the extreme ones.

Its funny you say this, bc I can say I am having a "similar experience" while myself am still considered a pretty hardcore brony, I think some of the "extreme ones" are socially toxic and counterintuitive to everything this show was trying to project upon not only it's youthful fans but it's adult ones as well .. you should understand even better... But you don't? For some reason they have turned something about making new friendships and understanding each other's differences and the importance of such things "creating Harmony" into some kind of literal competition, like you do realize the scale and personality differences between the Mane 6 don't you? And you find it this hard to get along with ppl that are like you? Twilight and Celestia gonna be giving you some Fs in friendship lol

14 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

Its funny you say this, bc I can say I am having a "similar experience" while myself am still considered a pretty hardcore brony, I think some of the "extreme ones" are socially toxic and counterintuitive to everything this show was trying to project upon not only it's youthful fans but it's adult ones as well .. you should understand even better... But you don't? For some reason they have turned something about making new friendships and understanding each other's differences and the importance of such things "creating Harmony" into some kind of literal competition, like you do realize the scale and personality differences between the Mane 6 don't you? And you find it this hard to get along with ppl that are like you? Twilight and Celestia gonna be giving you some Fs in friendship lol

I find it a real shame ponies like this got a voice in the fandom, and I feel like it kept me from joining it too- Since it's been a childhood interest for me, it felt like people were robbing me of something I loved with their ideals. I know this goes for any big group of fans on the internet, but I think for me and many kids, it was a really big whiplash because the show teaches this open-mindedness and kindness, so seeing things so vile said was... Hurtful, to say the least. 

Edited by Cherrychip
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, KingCorvus said:

I am close to full zen brony, I don't know the names of "a few" background ponies, and I don't know all the non canonical names used for ponies unofficially named by Hasbro and rather by the fandom, but I could easily get 48/50 ponies names right and the ones I'd miss would still sound pretty damn close to the original lol... I have seen some episodes over 30 times, I can't count how many times Ive seen Rainbow Rocks, I have been to two bronycons, I would have really loved to have attended the last, I am pretty obsessed with MLP, I would say the stuff I "don't know" would be mostly related to the comics, but that follows a separate continuity, I've only read the ones I could get at my local library, IE some Christmas books and Nightmare Rarity, which was great BTW, believe the other comic is about Big Macs "date" with Luna, I actually enjoyed that one to.. but no I really haven't gotten the chance to dive into the comics but yeah I flood myself with brony content especially if it involves Starlight, lol I like to be a Starlight white knight, but no I'm addicted to many of this shows episodes, that's why I feel like listing a favorite was impossible.. but I still have one! Lol, I used to have a lot of merch, but I got rid of it, not bc I don't love this show or this fandom, it was just something I had to do, especially I dont really like the official Hasbro pony plushies that look like they were made in some sweatshop for 3 cents, the best "cheap pony plushies" come from 4DE but going to conventions has shown me just how high quality some brony craftsmanship really is. I also helped bronies by buying fan art I liked, but I had a lot of cool items that I've lost, like my Sunset Lighter lol, I spent 55 dollars on a golden Sunset Shimmer lighter casing and I lost it, it was my prized possession lol.. I love brony music, it's like when joining this fandom, I was overwhelmed by the creative outlet, there was so much to take in, so many varying artists, so much to see and hear and to read and even watch, the content never ends and probably will always keep going to at least some minor extent, I love the brony fandom but I've experienced toxic bronies, some at the con even, some bronies think it's some kind of competition or something of who loves the show the most, well I guarantee you on an emotional level you don't want to have the argument lol, but no you are completely ignoring everything the show stands for, I am far far far faaaar from being a "casual brony" but I still welcome them, some ppl have busy lives, it's enough to enjoy our fandom, and more importantly to enjoy the show and all of the positive aspects it's brought into our lives... You know a lot of the "guests" at bronycon arent bronies at all, they are there supporting their family, and or taking their children, we don't want the debate of the toxic neckbeards to deter ppl from wanting their loved ones to associate with the fandom, it's about being welcoming and friendly, not berrating some individual for not knowing who one of the background ponies is from a season from years ago, yeah most of the prevalent ones are recurring characters... That I can name to, it's just some of these bronies are like living to tell other bronies they aren't as brony as them, which is freaky and counterintuitive to the shows complete message, it's retarded, and these "bronies" are toxic (their the FRAUDS).

You've gotta try the comics! 

27 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

@KingCorvus @Cherrychip

We shouldn't call those toxic bronys "extreme bronys"

they don't deserve that title.

it actually gives injustice to the word extreme. Extreme is such a cool word. Not worthy for their title.

they're blind and deaf to the true message of mlp... They should be called blasphemers instead:muffins:

Good idea! It makes more sense to me :P

• Brohoof 2